Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Hi everyone. Haven't been around much lately. I was in a bit of an emotional state and just was not able to come here. I am doing better now, and hope to be able to contribute more when I can.<P>Things with hubby and I are great. Our most recent stressor was the filing of the affidavit of financial info for the cs case. It was very emotionally draining. H is working out of town and I had to do most of the leg work. When I went to visit for the weekend, he signed them and then I had to take them to the courthouse for filing. And to the lawyers office. She has yet to file her info. I guess they were waiting for ours...probably to see what we said. So I was very stressed at that time.<P>Some good news is that I am finally starting school full time. I am scared that financially it will be difficult especially not knowing what the CS payment will be. But I am so excited about it. I don't care what I have to do, but I will find whatever job I can to work around my school schedule. I am giving my notice on Monday, kind of sad but life goes on, and this is for the best.<P>My thyroid problem is getting better slowly. The medication is starting to help. I don't take naps everyday now. My mind still seems to be slow, but that should get better. I see the doctor this Thursday to get my levels checked to see if I need more medication.<P>Like Comfort said, life goes on. And marriages can survive this. Whether you are involved in OC's life or are not involved as we aren't, the most important thing is to agree on what you are going to do. <P>Our marriage is happy. Hard to believe sometimes with all we have been through. All marriages have their challenges, and this is ours. We are doing our best to survive what could have ruined our marriage. It has been tough, but I wouldn't change anything. The way our marriage was when this happened, who knows if we would have even made it. We were forced to look at our problems early on, and to figure out how to make our marriage work.<P>This is a tough place to be. It is emotionally draining. This forum has been a great help to me. I have met some wonderful people, and am lucky to have found this place when I did. I know that our marriage will survive. I am sure we will have our problems, but I believe in us, in our committment to eachother. H has more than showed me he is in this for the long haul. I pray that each of us find happiness, whatever that may be for us. <P>Happy_girl<P> <BR>

G
G
Dear Happy Girl,<P><BR> I hope your thyroid condition is under control, because that can play havoc with your emotions,<P> You are such an asset to a site like this, always up, always sensitive, always there to help. I hope you know how appreciated you are here.<P> God bless you,<P><P>------------------<BR>Gregg

T
T
Dearest Happy Girl,<P>I am so glad to hear that you are doing so much better!!! I was starting to get worried about you! I will pray that things continue to look up for you, especially with you starting school full time. I hope that you will continue to visit this board and keep us all updated on your life.<P>Abbi is starting to protest me being on the computer. She is getting hungry again.<P>Glad to have you back!<BR>Love,<P>Tigger

B
B
Happy_girl,<P>I'm so happy for you that you're getting to go back to school and your marriage is working out!! I wish I could quit my job and go back to school. I'm sure you'll be fine, financially. There are many jobs out there that work around school schedules. Are you close to the Air Force base? If so, you may want to check there. They have jobs that will work around your school, I'm sure. Most bases do for the civilians. I know a lot of people here that do that. Ugh, even H's dog does that at the base. LOL<P>I'm sure you will continue to get stronger and stronger as you continue to take the medication. What a rotten time to have to go through this, but at least it's starting to get under control.<P>I'm so sorry you had to deal with the paperwork for cs! That had to have been so hard on you, dear friend! Will you be able to see what her paperwork has on it, what her income is, etc.? Hopefully it will all end for you soon and you won't have to think about it or deal with paperwork anymore.<P>Many hugs going your way,<BR>Tammy<P>------------------<BR><B>"If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars." ~unknown~</B>

G
G
Oh HappyGirl I was so happy to read how you're doing !<P>I'm glad your medical condition is improving.<P>Sorry about all the running you had to do for your H. You are one tough cookie, girl!<P>I wish you the best at whatever you try to go to school for.<P>Send me the link to tigger and sailormans pictures .<P>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....<p>[This message has been edited by gemini1 (edited April 15, 2001).]

H
OP Offline
H
glynton-thanks for what you said! my thryoid is getting under control slowly. i only started synthroid a month ago. i have hashimoto's disease. i can't say they are working totally yet, but we haven't adjusted the dosage either. i see the doc on thursday. it has been playing havoc on my memory, and my emotions too. but i will be better soon, once i get my levels right.<P>tigger-thanks! my friend that i visited back in october in hawaii just had a baby! she had adopted one too, so she has a newborn and an 8 month old! yikes! give abbi a big kiss. she is just precious. tell sailorman hi!<P>butterflykisses-thanks for the wellwishes. i am excited about school and will be job hunting for something flexible soon. after i finish this part of the program, i can work at the hospital on weekends, 12 hour shifts. that will help a lot. though i will be nothing but tired for the next 2 1/2 years. i made it through the cs stuff. now we just wait for the amount. how fun. take care. sending house selling vibes to you...<P>gemini-i try to be tough, but on the inside i am not. actually, i am just a very emotional person, and oversensitive sometimes. i am going to nursing school. finally. i sent you the link! where is your pic??? you sexy thing. he he.<P>happy_girl<P>

G
G
HG I'll see if my son will take a pic w/his digital camera and post it soon.<P>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

B
B
Happy-Girl,<P>So glad to hear you are going back to school. I know how difficult that can be. I am also going back this summer. I ahve not been in over 3 years. I am kinda nervous, but also very excited. What are you taking? I changed my major from psyc to business, so I am basically starting over. I lost a lot of credits in the switch. Oh well. Good luck and lots of prayers.<P>Love<P>bw

F
F
Happy,<BR>Great news on starting school soon. Dont let the financially worries get to you to much. Just go for it things that are meant to be will work out. Some of the things we have did would must likely sound nuts to most people in our shoes when part of your income is being taken away.But so far it has all worked out better then ever. I find the more we move forward with our lives the easier it is to put ow and her child out of our lives.<P>Good to also hear your med is starting to work. I think you will find when you do start school your energy level and and everything that is missing will pick up. Alot of my problems since this all began was depression,just to much bad and not enough good.That seems to be a very hard hole to climb out of glad I finally made it out. Once the good starts to out do the bad it sure does get better. I really cant see how we would have ever stayed together with the way things were before all this either. It has really been a slap,kick and punch in the right direction for us. Its hard to believe that this much good could come out of something this awful but we seem to be living proof of that it does happen.Good luck in your schooling go and get out of this life what is waiting there for you to have. with love flowerseed<P>

Z
Z
happy girl,<P>I'm tickeled pink to hear things are going well for you and hubby. When I hear you speak about your H being in it for the long run, I too realize how lucky we are to have such wonderful men in our lives. Wonderful HUMAN men who have made mistakes but have taken the high road to the greater good.<P>I'm also glad your meds are working. You'll need a ton of energy to deal with school and a part-time job. I can't even imagine having the discipline to sit down and study this long after college. High five to you.<P>And as far as that paperwork is concerned. I'm sure you're looking at all that running around as a labor of love and I'm positive your husband sees it that way too. And he probably loves you more because of it. Keep having his back and supporting him during this tough time, I'm sure he'll continue to have yours.<P>Well wishes and the best of luck,<P>------------------<BR>Zebra Baby ...<P>Lord, give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

L
L
Hey Happygirl,<BR>Just wanted to say congratulations to you on starting school. I must say that besides my son, finishing my masters(this may) is my greatest accomplishment. We are proud of you and I am so happy to hear your marriage is only getting better with time!!!<P>Continued health and happiness!<BR>Leelee

H
OP Offline
H
broken_wings~hi! i am going to school for nursing. have been taking my prereqs forever. part-time takes a long time. good luck to you in school too!<P>flowerseed~ thanks for the good advice and support. always count on that from you! you are so right about it being hard to believe that good can come out of this horrible situation. it happens. and we need to get our "proof" stories out to give the newbies and others hope.<P>zebrababy~ i am very thankful for my husband. you are right, they are human beings that made mistakes. when they are like our husbands and go out of their way to make things right, how can we not forgive them and be thankful for them. <P>you are right about my labor of love. he is appreciative that i did all that. he knows i am behind him 100% and he is that way with me too. soo supportive of me going back to school. i think he would be mad if i quit. <P>leelee~ congrats on getting your masters! you go girl! i am way away from my masters in nursing but someday, someday. <P>to all of you, thanks and my prayers for you and your families and marriages.<P>happy_girl

G
G
Hey Happy Girl,<P><BR> Hang in there, school will fly by in no time. I'm proud of you, good for you, good for you!!!<P><BR> God bles you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 790 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation