Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#79581 07/03/03 01:17 PM
D
dean790 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ladies, for the reason of bettering myself and maybe some other guys out there too, can you describe the perfect husband to us. I'm talking about emotionally, physically, financially, and a general overall description. Thanks.

#79582 07/03/03 06:52 PM
E
E
Dean,
To me the perfact man would be fun- have a sense of humor. He would be hard working-not completly driven though. His first priority would be his wife. He would notice when something is wrong and try his best to work it out-or atleast if his wife expressed discontent, he would awknowledge if he were wrong and attempt to fix it.
He would manage finamnces, not buy more than he could afford, yet try "his" best to provide. Country club memberships and fast cares would not be important, but providing for the family.
Physically, we'll most women want a 10, but just keeping in shape and being clean and well groomed is alright.
To sum it up, I want a leader, not a dictator or a milktoast. It's hard to end up with someone who cares, yet takes charge as a man.
Many men feel that taking charge is being a barbarion, or they don't say anything at all.
I want a man to be my 'hero', yet vulnerable enough to tell me his fears. I actually don't think that this man exist's but only in my mind.
My question is,"WHAT DO MEN WANT?"

#79583 07/04/03 12:23 AM
I
I
my husband........
Everything about my H I adore..... he is sexy he is tall he is dark haired (and all his) .... he is a wonderful father, fantastic lover.....very affectionate, good cook, gentleman, good sense of humour... Very good provider, very athletic and hunts and fishes so provides in this way as well as financially, I just absolutely melt when I look at him..... downside he is a little bit lazy with housework but... cant have everything I guess.

#79584 07/04/03 07:55 AM
A
A
To me the perfect man would know me without being told. My needs, my likes, my wants, what would make me feel special and strive to do all that on a daily basis.

I can do this with my husband very well, but he seems oblivious to everything around him. Not that I don't love him, but most men don't think it that kind of manner.

For instance, I surprise him with little things he likes all the time, just because I love seeing him happy.

He has to -ask- me what I want for valentine's day and such, which makes me believe he only does it becuase it's obligatory to give gifts on those days. It makes me feel as though he doesn't pay attention to the things I like, and know that he could draw me a warm bath with bubbles for a soak and I'd be pleased as punch he remembered I love taking them.

OR, I know when he's upset. I can see it written all over his face, and I make sure I find out why and if there's anything I can do to fix it.

When -I'm- upset, I have to TELL him I'm upset. He doesn't know it, he can't tell.

<small>[ July 04, 2003, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Aeryn ]</small>

#79585 07/04/03 10:16 AM
S
S
I'm a bit of a pragmatist so I don't believe in 'fairy tales' or 'mind reading'. To me the perfect husband (or wife) would still have flaws but would also have the following characteristics:

</font>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Puts the marriage first. (before work, parents, kids, hobbies, etc.)</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Asks, doesn't assume or attempt to read my mind. (This includes my wants, needs, emotions, opinions, and thoughts. Those are my responsibility to tell him honestly.)</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Honest, responsible, and faithful.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Expresses his emotions, opinions, wants, needs, and thoughts honestly and maturely.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tries to do things to make me happy and expresses delight/gratitude when I try to do the same.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">VERY GOOD communication skills.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is capable of holding a steady job (whether or not he has one) and is financially responsible</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">POJA.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Cares for his health and grooming.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Enjoys sex.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Intelligent and educated.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Cooks and cleans.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Compatible values and interests.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOVES ME.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LIKES ME.</font></li>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

#79586 07/05/03 02:48 PM
T
T
As I realize there has only been one perfect man..
I'd have to say I want a man who emulates Him..

So to list some of His attributes..

1. He put God first (and sought His will for his life)
2. Then family
3. Work
4. Friends
5. He prayed for others and himself
6. He asked others to pray with him
7. loving, kind, gentle in spirit, yet was able to get upset and and shared his emotions when he was hurting...
8. a servant as well as a leader (meaning he wasn't afraid to do what He asked others to do)
9. He prayed more
10. He knew what he could control and what he had no control over..and accepted it..even unto death
11. knew what he stood for, and didn't waver..
12. forgiving--
13. An encourager..

Like I said...for me..I think the perfect man would emulate Christ--

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (anchorwatch), 535 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation