Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
OP Offline
N
... and I mean either way... <P>My ex had several affairs, and one of the OW got pregnant by her H (so we were told) and since my ex had had a vasectomy, I didn't question - until *I* got pregnant 18 months later. By then she had moved far away with her H (smart guy, her H, eh?). Plus, my ex (David) had never admitted sleeping with her -- just oral and assorted other goodies. At the time, and for a few months afterwards, I would find notes from her to my ex, and they had a happy face with her name, with another little happy face beside it with a bonnet, and "little David" written by it... and who knows...someone might come to him one day and say, "You're my dad."<P>...and also, I had an affair, and slept with the man once (and only once, thankfully) but I did so WITHOUT protection. I was a selfish a$$ and could have brought another life into the world!! I thank God that didn't happen!! And there but for the grace of God goeth I.<P>I have been lurking a bit, since someone told me about some unwanted posters. Normally, I hang out over in D/D or General Questions.<P>I don't want to sound sappy... but I probably will. You all are amazingly forgiving toward your spouses and have a kind of love in your hearts that defies any other situation in the infidelity story.<P>I applaud you, and I support you. All of you, men and women alike.<P>God Bless YOU!!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck<P><p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited April 19, 2001).]

S
S
<B>NB/Sheryl</B>,<P>Hi sweetie. You know you are so right! I like you hang out mostly in the GQII forum and the Recovery forum. For some reason the last couple of weeks I have been lurking here and have felt so fortunate that I have not had to deal with what you marvelous ladies have here.<P>Lord knows that infidelity is hard enough to bear. Let alone to have a child although innocent in and of itself, come into this whole mess. Then to have the support issues and all the other crap come along with it. I can't fathom.<P>I have read heart-breaking threads here and I have to tell you that I wish there was something I could say to make it even the slightest bit easier for all of you? I have no words but can tell you I admire each and every one of you. I know it will never feel like you have gotten enough rewards here on this earth for all you have had to bear, but you will get your rewards later in heaven. I truly believe that because I have not seen any kinder or more loving and forgiving women than I have seen here on this very forum. None of you is perfect, but no humans are. We are all full of tons of stuff that isn't pretty.<P>You ladies here show so much class, love, forgiveness and much more. I am humbled by it all. Thank you so much for showing me what to strive for in your examples.<P>In closing I will repeat what <B>NewBeginings</B> has said...<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>And there but for the grace of God goeth I.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I will add only that each of you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up your wonderful work and examples. Like I said your rewards are coming. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Big mega mongo hugs,<P><BR>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited April 19, 2001).]

H
H
thanks for coming over from GQII to give us support and encouragement! it is much appreciated. especially when we are underfire.<P>god bless you both also!<P>happy_girl

C
C
Hi! Another GQ2 Regular coming in here for reinforcements! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I am in total agreement, and you ladies are AMAZING for what you have endured! Kudos to you!<P>Samantha - I contributed my Lasagna recipe right after your Gazpacho one! Should we start a separate thread for that? (hey, now there's an idea - a MB Cookbook! LOL! NB, you could even contribute the Salmon Whip [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )

T
T
I want to add my support and encouragement to that of the other GQII'ers that have come here. I don't know how you do it - I nearly stopped breathing when I merely thought that slug might be pregnant ... and I don't know how I could have lived through it if that had been the case.<P>I am awed by your strength and grace.<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>

H
H
the gents here are quite amazing themselves! Glynton, K, middleman, sailorman, floored, stilltrying, just learning, paulmoyers and anyone i forgot! you guys are something special!<P>happy_girl

S
S
<B>Carolina Belle</B><P>Hi honey, I was just reading your yummy recipe and responding on the "Party Thread." It sure sounds like a winner. Can't wait to fatten up the hubby with that one. I'll have him write you a formal thank you note. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>terri</B><P>Hello to you lady. My see what you've started? We should have about a gazillion people over here having so much fun.<P><B>happy_girl</B><P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>the gents here are quite amazing themselves! Glynton, K, middleman, sailorman, floored, stilltrying, just learning, paulmoyers and anyone i forgot! you guys are something special!<BR>happy_girl <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Didn't mean to slight the guys. I am sure they are great. I just started reading her a couple of weeks ago, so I am not that familiar with all the posters. I am sure they are amazing too. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Like I said I am so thankful that I am fortunate to not have to deal with this issue as well. The ones I dealt with made me stronger, but there was a time when I thought they'd kill me for sure.<P>Hugs to all,<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited April 20, 2001).]

T
T
I just wanted to say Thank You to all of you GQII's who have come over here to support us on this board! My H is one of those "amazing men" that Happy Girl mentioned. I am the one who post the most between the both of us, but he does lurk around, and sometimes reads over my shoulder. <P>A quick update, Abbi is now a month old, and growing like a weed! Sailorman was gone Mon - today, and when he came home, she was wide awake for him! He noticed right away how much bigger she is. I don't notice her size as much as her weight [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Let's keep up the good work. And when I have time, I will contribute my favorite recipe.<P>Love,<P>Tigger

P
P
Hello Ladies<P>I know it takes a lot of inner strength to overcome an affair. My H and I are doing it.<P>I just wanted to offer my support to you. You are truly amazing women. I applaud each and every one of you.<P>Good Luck to all of you.<P>Sincerely

F
F
Thank you to all who have come here to support us<BR>through all this turmoil. We are only trying to do<BR>our best in a very difficult situation.<BR>It was such a relief to turn on my computer and see<BR>all you wonderful people from the other sites coming<BR>here to make us feel better. THANKS!!!

L
L
Oh you wonderful gals from GQII thank you so much for your support! It makes my heart happy to know that you guys care enough to help us get back on track!<P>Blessings to you all!!!

F
F
I too think you gals are great! We love ya ! with love flowerseed

N
OP Offline
N
OH, of course!!! I'm sorry if I seemed to forget the wonderful men in your lives... <P><B>Glynton, K, middleman, sailorman, floored, stilltrying, just learning, paulmoyers...</B><P>Of course, I know of K, JL, stilltrying, and paul moyers... from the GQ forum... so to Glynton, sailorman, middleman and floored... and the men I know already: <B>YOU ARE AWESOME TOO</B>... and a blessing to all in your lives (cyber or otherwise)!!<P>And to the babies produced in all situations, I offer a prayer of protection and love.<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck<p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited April 20, 2001).]

T
T
Thank you all for your support.<P>There have been may situations in life that I have observed and thought "how do they handle that?". There are so many things that just amaze me and the strength people can show. Families with handicapped loved ones. Families who experience serious illness of loved ones. You just never know til you are there how you would deal with so many of the issues that come along in life. <P>If dealing with an OC and these issues with my marriage are the most serious things I ever have to deal with... well then I feel blessed. <P>Take care... Carolyn

J
J
Hello to all of you here!<P>I usually hang out on the D/D board. I too could have been on either side of the fence being both betrayed/betrayer. Things in life don't always happen the way we want them to, needless to say, however we all deal with it the best way we know how. I can't judge NO ONE. Though a lot of stories may be similiar, they are all unique in there own way. <P>After reviewing this board, I can see a lot of the points that everyone here has made. Just know that what right for someone else is not necessarily right for everyone else. We all have to make the decisions and do what's right for our families... I would venture out to say that this board is probably one of the most sensitive boards on the site, being that we are talking about children.<P>I wish everyone here the best, no matter which road you have travelled. No one deserves such pain. <P>------------------<BR><B>God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com<p>[This message has been edited by jamie-lee (edited April 20, 2001).]

F
F
Carolina Belle,<BR>I have read many of your post over on GQ and I have to say you always bring a smile to my face. With love flowerseed<p>[This message has been edited by flowerseed (edited April 20, 2001).]

N
OP Offline
N
flowerseed,<P>Just a quickie...<P>I saw the flowersex remark yesterday and it cracked me up... you're pretty funny yourself!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

G
G
Hey guys,<P> Ladies, you are too kind.I'm touched.<P> I think it's way cool that we have visitors from another MB site. Come back and stay a while!<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

P
P
Hi fellow MBers,<P>Please add me to the list of visitors who admire you all for exhibiting amazing courage and strength under such difficult circumstances. I often read here and am constantly humbled by the wisdom and kindness that is shown here.<P>I am so sorry that the "open door" policy of Marriage Builders is being abused by a sorry few who choose to add to your pain and sorrow, rather than benefit from your existence.<P>The best advice has already been given regarding these unwanted visitors- ignore them. They are obviously the kind of creatures who take pleasure from the heartbreak of others, so don't give them the satisfaction of acknowledging their presence.<P>If we all work together and support each other, we can encourage this forum to return to what it is meant to be- a safe place to share the knowledge and comfort of others we are bound to by a shared circumstance. That is what makes me so proud to be a part of this MB family.<P>With love and best wishes,<P>Peppermint<BR>Visiting from Recovery

Z
Z
I feel oh so warm inside. I just wanted to add my thanks to all the fellow MB's who have come to give our group a cyber hug. i don't lurk on the other boards very much but I do hope that if ever you all need a couple of warm voices and soft words, please don't hesitate to call on the strong and honorable woman/men on this forum.<P>We truely are a family, agreeing to disagree & remembering each other's individuality being our strength. <P>Jamie Lee in particular.... I absolutely love your signature... did you copy [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> <P>------------------<BR>Zebra Baby ...<P>Lord, give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation