Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Simmy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
throughout the decades of my life.

In my 20s, I met H, he and I both had been engaged to others but been betrayed by unfaithfulness. Deeply in love, we promised we would always be true. We married.

In my 30s, we had our daughters, 2 beautiful girls, to whom he was devoted, a loving father, a wonderful husband. the world was ours as we continued to build our future through our jobs and private investments.

In my 40s, i had my 3rd and final miscarriage and we set aside our dream of a large family, celebrated the one we had, overcame a near bankruptcy from a business failure, regained a job held before the birth of DD #1. Life was good, after all, we had each other, the most important gift in life.

In my 50s, i suffered a near fatal auto accident, two major surgeries, intense pain, massive rehab, poor prognoses. Many days were spent in bed, screaming in pain if the top sheet touched me, unable to do the smallest chore, i pushed myself to walk, bent over a cane like an old crone...my beauty hidden behind a hag mask of agony. H had enough, he started an A.

today i am 60. i now walk w/o my cane. my pain is under control. i've rehabbed myself back to normal. my weight is normal. doctors marvel at my willpower that made me return to myself. they don't know what drove me there...they don't know it was the sight of my H walking out the door, leaving me alone, to be with her. they don't know it was the names he called me, the proverbial knives he sunk into my heart with his ugly looks.

so it's my birthday and i'm 60...and what will this decade bring.

despite his NC and 10 mos away from her and his declarations of regret remorse guilt etc etc etc...i don't know that i can say at the conclusion of this decade that if we are still alive, we will be together. i don't know that i can find that forgiveness in my heart. i've agonized over his love for me, suddenly i agonize over MY love for him and question it's viability.

as i said....it's my 60th birthday, and these are thoughts throughout the decades.

Simmy

<small>[ July 17, 2003, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Simmy ]</small>

A
A
Simmy --

You have my best wishes for an very Happy Birthday today. You have much to be thankful for as your glass is more than half full.

About forgiveness: I once read the following and I pass it on to you...

"To forgive is to set the prisoner free, and then discover the prisoner was you"

Point made, I'm sure. When it's time, it will be time, but that time will need to come for you and for each of us.

Want another? "A successful marriage isn't finding the right person--it's being the right person"

Happy Birthday, Simmy; you're very good people.

Ammon

A
A
Simmy --

Just one more that I especially like (if you can stand yet another):

"Forgiveness means giving up all hope of a better past"
~Landrum Bolling~

Hang in there on your birthday today and on every day.

Ammon

N
N
Happy Birthday!

S
Simmy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ammon:

wherever i post, you find me! (thank goodness)

as always, thanks for your wise and kind words. i patiently await my time when i'll find the power of forgiveness, give "up the hope of a better past", set myself free and become the right person.

every day i pray the road gets smoother. daily i find it doesn't, the bumps and dips just move to different locales.

i'll keep working for awhile yet. that's the best i can do, and the least i can do for the investment of almost 35 years we have in the marriage.

Simmy

S
Simmy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for your wishes, Nokomis!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation