Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#798682 05/11/01 01:50 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I am the OW...what I do not get is why I should be sued for this law and not the husband also....why is the women the only wrong one??? I didn't know my man was married for quite along time into the realtionship....he was truly unhappy....and went seeking someone else...when he left he made sure she was taken care of financially...he never wanted her to go without anything.....Now she is suing me...for taking everything away from her....Why do all you wives feel that we can TAKE away someone...isn't it that they are just not happy ....and seeking something else....I am really interested in knowing how this l;aw really works and what the specifics of it are....Please do not feel I am not sympathetic to each and every ones cause....I had been maried before this and my husband left for another too...but not for one minute did I think it was soley her fault....it was my husband and myself at fault....anyone have any feed bak?

#798683 05/11/01 02:09 PM
B
B
First of all, you are not who you say you are. Second, if you were you wouldn't have just stumbled onto this small site about pregnancy in infedelity. Maybe your buddy from SOUTH Carolina mmlilgirl can help you...Good bye...

#798684 05/11/01 09:47 PM
M
M
blueOO:<BR>I am sorry you have so much hostility towards me. I don't know this person,however I am interested in the honest answers to her questions. Why do you assume we know each other? Is it just because we are not BW's? Please don't get ticked off I am just curious as to why you have so much hostility towards me, I don't know you personally and have none towards you.

#798685 05/11/01 11:06 PM
H
H
Blue, <P>Why do you react so easily on postings even not intended for you? Are you guilty of something? Do you think, all these women who post to get some clarifications on their situations are all your OW's? On other issues/topics, you basically have shown your discriminatory tendencies which I believe is illegal. You can be sued for that. Why can't you leave your OW alone and deal with your H rather. Maybe he actually did all those favors to the OW because he has feelings for her. I see the obvious but you're denying to see them.

#798686 05/11/01 11:30 PM
G
G
Hey blue,<P> I'm sorry I replied, thought she was legit.<P> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

#798687 05/12/01 09:13 AM
B
B
Glynton, These are all the same person again. She/it/he whatever is targeting me now. I was pissed off yesterday, pms I guess and getting off of my meds, but I will ignore now. My h knows a lot about computers and will help me trace this person. What a pathetic shame!<BR>

#798688 05/12/01 10:18 AM
G
G
Hey blue,<P> We've got your back!! Hang in there!!<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

#798689 05/12/01 11:37 AM
M
M
Blue:<BR>I am not the same person as anyone else. I am a person who has something to share and was looking for a little support myself. I guess you have to have been here a long time to have anyone support or care about you. This doesn't seem like a support group to me. I am sorry that I bothered you, I was not targeting you in anything I said I just responded to what I read.

#798690 05/12/01 05:35 PM
C
C
She has a right to sue him under the laws of divorce for his cancellation of the marital contract. After all, it is a contract, not just a religious union.<P>However, the alienation of affection law, the one you claim you are being sued for, is NOT because you stole a PERSON, but because you accepted affection from him (affection not legally yours) which meant he was not giving affection to her (more than likely). You helped and/or enticed him to alienate his affections for her. <P>Being that he can be sued under the guise of divorce, you too can be sued under the guise you helped break up their contract. <P>In addition, if he bought you gifts etc and she has the ability to file divorce under Adultery (in some states there is still such a thing), she can sue him for half the money she claims he spent on you. After all, it was half her money too. <P>Now tell me, if you had say.. a business contract with a person, one which you based your future financial and emotional well-being on, and someone came along and swayed your "contract partner" into giving someone else the business and not you, wouldn't you be pissy too? Most humans would when it comes to business matters. So why does the word marriage instead of contract (which it really is) make any difference? When you look at the nitty-gritty, it doesn't. <P>After all, it's only money and you got "da man", right? If he loves you and you love him, the money shouldn't matter. Right?<P><p>[This message has been edited by Couple_of_Reasons (edited May 12, 2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation