Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#799157 05/19/01 06:06 PM
H
OP Offline
H
hi guys. just writing to remind people we have a photo album for us on the pregnancy/OC board. if you want to submit a picture, email it to me at happy_girl_az@yahoo.com or if you would like to just see the pictures. <P>i will not send the address to anyone who doesn't post here first. 1.it is not my primary account and i don't check it everyday. 2. i am a bit paranoid and don't want to give out the address to some visiting OW on accident.<P>also, if you haven't ever posted before, except to see the pictures, i won't send the address. the people there are my friends, and they trusted me enough to post their pictures. and again, i am paranoid! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>it is great though to be able to see the people we talk to everyday here. so please, send in a picture, or email me. i am careful about who i give the address to, in case you feel weird about putting your picture there. and i will still give you the address if you don't feel comfortable sending in a picture. unfortunately, because of the recent intrusion by OW's only looking to start trouble, i am a little leary of people who have just started posting. i am sorry about that, but i worry. <P>gabi1116, let me know if you need help figuring out that scanner. and tigger, we want new pics of abbi! catnip, i keep checking my mail.......<P>love, happy_girl<P>p.s. if you are not sure how to send a picture, or have a website with a pic on it you want me to use, email me and i will try to help!<p>[This message has been edited by happy_girl (edited May 19, 2001).]

#799158 05/19/01 06:52 PM
T
T
Happy,<P>I know, I know! I need to get the latest roll of film developed first. I promise that I will have a new picture by next week!<P>Love,<P>Tigger

#799159 05/23/01 11:53 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Hi all! I got some emails. Will be writing back soon. Hubby was home for only 24 hours and I haven't been on the computer! Was spending time with hubby. It was great.<P>Mrs. Job sent in 2 lovely photos of the boys there were going to adopt. One with her and the boys and the other with Mr. Job and the boys. Check them out!!<P>The site now has 2 pages. Hopefully that will help it load faster. Be patient!!<P>Happy_girl

#799160 05/24/01 12:24 AM
L
L
Hey Mrs. J,<P><BR> Look at you guys!!!!<P> Those boys are good lookin' little men!! ( Take after Mom and Dad!!)<P> Now get out of that boat and do some skiing!!!<P> You madcap!!!!!<P><BR> God bless you and your family, <P>------------------<BR>Gregg

#799161 05/24/01 12:36 AM
L
L
Hey Mrs. J,<P><BR> I am so sorry!<P> After I posted, I remembered your post about the kids. I didn't mean to open old wounds.<BR> They are good lookin' boys, I can see why you were so upset.<P><BR> Again, I am so sorry,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

#799162 05/24/01 01:42 AM
J
J
Hi picture-posters! I loved seeing each and EVERY picture! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] So neat! Mrs.J, you and hubby look like naturals with the boys and I'm so so sorry that fell through! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>HappyG, thank you for the site and you've got mail! <p>[This message has been edited by Jenny (edited May 24, 2001).]

#799163 05/24/01 08:46 AM
M
M
Gregg,<P>Not to worry. It is very hard to keep everyone's details straight. I wouldn't have posted pictures of us with the boys if I weren't willing to share the sadness of a disrupted adoption with my new friends here. You did not open any old wounds. <P>They say that one of the worst things that can happen if a parent loses a child is that no one mentions the child for fear of "hurting" the parents. The parents are usually aching to talk about their departed children. I think that we are in similar (but not as severe) circumstances. I am now at a stage when I want to talk about how wonderful those kids are and how much it hurts to lose them.<P>Mrs. Job<P>PS we bought a new, large, more powerful ski boat this year; we are taking it on vacation in July with my family.

#799164 05/24/01 01:56 PM
L
L
Dear Mrs. J,<P> Thank you. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to welcome kids into your loving family, only to have them taken away. <BR> You must be a very strong woman!<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

#799165 05/24/01 05:06 PM
J
J
Happy_girl, <P>Can you send me the address for the site? <BR>Jess<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Jessry (edited May 24, 2001).]

#799166 05/25/01 12:02 AM
F
F
Hi there, please let me know where I can see the pics, I already sent you my email, thanks a bunch!!!

#799167 05/25/01 04:23 PM
M
M
Hey Gregg,<P>It was never our intention that they children (back then there were supposed to be 3 of them) would be gone long. They boys were to spend the summer with us and we were supposed to be in Russia by October or December at the latest to pick them up.<P>First, the little girl got adopted by her uncle. We never met her; you had to be 5 to come to America for the summer and she was only 18 months old at the time. During the summer, we passed our homestudy and were just awaiting Immigration approval when my husband's fingerprints bounced back in a National Agency check. So we lost three kids, I lost I my illusions about what a good marriage we had, my husband lost his job and I gained a step-daughter all in a few months. No wonder I went to the hospital for depression, huh?<P>You know, I think that I am pretty strong. We are working on making our marriage what it should be. My husband is back on the job hunt after 10 months of lying around like a slug and life will have to get better; it can't get worse.<P>Mrs. Job

#799168 05/25/01 07:08 PM
L
L
Hey Mrs. J,<P><BR> No where to go but up, Kiddo! You are in my prayers.<P> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR>Gregg

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation