Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
gemini1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
This was under baptism announcements....<P>Baby's name our last name<P>Parents: h's first name ow first name<P>AS IF THEY ARE MARRIED!!!<P>I called the church and they are printing a retraction!! Not a correction!<P>They are removing H's name from "parents" and putting ow's full name only! Then they are retracting H's last name and putting ow's h's last name!!!!! I couln't believe it!!! Got a zillion phone calls from people who didn't know!! Ow is truly a bytch!! posing as if SHE"S married to H!!!!<P>UGH!!!!!<P>What a day!!! OH what joy in a retraction for next sunday!!!!<P>love<BR>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

J
J
Oh Dear God (and not as a blaspheme!)...<P>UNBELIEVABLE! I would be seeing red, green, purple, pink...<P>I'm in too much shock for a better reply. CHURCH bulletin! WOW! She has no shame, eh?<P>I'm so sorry Gem... life IS stranger than fiction, if only it were not YOUR life, eh?! Hang in there Gem. You're about to see who your true friends are! Whew! Angels to you today!

W
W
Talk about thw ow wanting to make sure that everyone knows! She knows even if they print a retraction that everyone will still know about affair and the oc, you must want to kill her! Sorry that even a holy place can be turned into a "tabloid" for the ow.

B
B
OH GEM!!!!!!! Please tell me you are kidding!!!! Oh no. How totally wrong is that?! How hard for you...I am so sorry.<BR>Does she go to the same church?? How are you dealing with all the people asking questions? <BR>My prayers are certainately with you Honey.<BR>Love<BR>bw

G
gemini1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Jenny,whatif,brokenwings,<BR>Yes she belongs to our church! I can't believe this! The girl in the printing office just prints what people give her. H and I are going to see how she filled in the info.<P>We are also going to review the retraction.<P>Our son graduated 8th grade at the school. I can only imagine the parents and what they are thinking after seeing that. Our son was so upset!!<P>My H called Fr. Bliss to our home he was so angry. Fr. came and we all had a good discussion. He now sees that ow kept the child to hope that she could woo my H away. He thinks what she did is SICK and was sorry he didn't see it before it went in the bulletin. This is a huge catholic church. Many communities have us as their church.(lot's of the suburbs).<BR>I am horrified! We will use this in court to show ow is only interested in H and not C.<P>Fr. now said he would like us to set up visits through him! He will be at the parish for 6 more years! He said any court would agree as we are protecting our marriage but still wanting involvement w/C. Church is right up the street from ow and us!! A little joy if that could work....<P>Also I agree the damage is done but at least the ow will be printed as only parent and baby will have her married name this time!!!! Name is still legally ow h's name!!!! So some relief....<P>love<BR>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

F
F
Dear Gem,<P>I am so sorry to hear that! <BR>Vindictive on her part-surely meant to hurt only you.<BR>She is still so blind that she does not realize she<BR>is hurting her family along with you.<BR>I would be seething, too. Thankfully you have an<BR>understanding Father Bliss! A retraction is better<BR>than none at all. How unfortunate that she would<BR>use the church to cause MORE harm! <BR>I just cant believe it...special prayers sent your<BR>way today. Love, fluke

A
A
Gem - I am so sorry to hear about this. I experienced a similiar circumstance. OW had in birth announcements in local paper list her name, my husband's name and baby's. She named baby after my husband complete with Jr attached. I agree - it is a desperate attempt of a sick and desperate individual, However in your circumstance I think because you belong to the same church it was done even more delibretely to embaress you and humiliate you. Save the bullitan!!! You never know when you might need it as proof as to how vindictive and sick she really is. I'm sorry for your pain and embarressment. Stay strong<BR> Kris

T
T
How awful! I cannot imagine how sick to your stomach you must feel. I dont think I could hold my tongue with that OW. I am all into killing with kindness but I would be tempted to leave out the kindness part on that one. I am so sorry you are having to endure even more pain. What a witch!!!

M
M
What a hypocrite your OW is. To use the church to strike back is beyond low and immoral. <P>I am normally a pretty calm, forgiving person, but I would be hopping mad, spitting fire and spewing venom.<P>I am sorry for the public humiliation for you, you son and your husband. Every family has a right to privacy and yours has been sorely violated.<P>Psalm 27:3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. <P>MJ

C
C
Dear gem,<BR>What a sick woman. I'm so glad you seem to be dealing with it ok. you are amazing.<BR>with love,<BR>cd

G
gemini1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Psalm 27:3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks MrsJob...I needed that before work.<P>Fluke,Quaker,Trying,and cd thanks. I DIDN'T take this lightly! I cried from humiliation and anger. My Mom is a greeter at church and was horrified as people asked her "isn't that your son-in-law?"<P>I still am so angry.<P>love<BR>Debi<BR> <P><P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

B
B
Gem, I am seeing red for you! In my town, both parents have to consent to the announcement in the papaer if parents aren't married. My H was adament about it being kept a secret. He went to the person in charge and made it clear that he didn't want it announced. We live in a small town, it would have been more disaterous than it already was. She had the baby at our local hospital where we know half of the staff. Ooh, I am cringing typing this. I would be flipping out over that announcement. THe damage is done. Have you spoken to the ow yet? Make sure that she suffers some consequences for this.

T
T
All that I have read on this board in over a year cannot be topped by this one. I honestly think this is the most bizzare one yet. She had to go out of her way to do this. And the method chose is a very public one, yet very, very private also since this is your church community.<P>Gem... I think this would be grounds for personal injury. Pain inflicted on your son, mother, you... how unreal. I know we all talk of law suits, but this situation would be the one that I think MIGHT have an honest chance of making it. There was obvious intent to deceive by posting OC name & then your H name & hers. I swear this is so ugly & distasteful. I am going to try & put thought into how this could be pursued in court. I know that probably isn't what you want to do right now, but it somehow makes me feel better to plot out some sort of justice (if not for me... then perhaps for one of my friends in pain).<P>Take care... Carolyn

M
M
Dear gemini,<P>Ow is unbelievable, I am in complete shock! I am sorry and angry to hear this. <BR>I can't believe ow will use a sacred place to cause pain and humiliation to you and your family. Very sick and vindictive behavior from this witch. Stay srong gemini, prayer to you and your family. <P>with love mina

N
N
I agree with everyone else <BR>and how awful!!!!!!<BR>its bad enough she goes to the same church but that is totally uncalled for<BR>has she no shame????<BR>To brag to the world??<BR>SHE too is the one who committed adultery<BR>HOW can she do that and continue to show her face to all those people<BR>I feel for you so much

M
M
I could not believe this when I read it...<BR>I would have been Homicidal. Not so much for the embarrasment it may have cased the adults in this situation. But for the heartache it caused your 8th grader. My children also go to our parish school, Catholic Schools are a big gossip forground. This is absoultly UNACCEPTABLE. that woman should be arrested, maybe a lawsuit for pain and suffering on behalf of your 8 th grader. It definatly shows she has NO CONCERN for any child, she is the lowest of forms of a human being. She has shown her true colors. Does she really think she can embarres YOUR H...into her arms???...what about the damage she is doing to your children??? 8th grade is a very sensitive time...everything bothers these kids...heck a zit can set them back a couple of weeks. SHAME ON THAT WITCH...SHAME SHAME SHAME....I dont have another nice thing to type cuz that is the NICEST think I can think of. WELL the good thing is that the Priest, agreed to be the visiting point...let her agrue that one (that *itch), I cant believe the office people..gads ...I would have felt as you do in this one,...My goodness I am so sorry you and you family had to be put through this...if anyone one else says anything to your family...just reassure them that woman is NUTS!!! and slightly delusional...you know a rumor is a rumor until all parties admit to it...and it is not anyones business..period!!!...Huggs to you...love MC

G
gemini1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I know everyone I know!!! I'm still so very upset!!!<BR>My son is not an 8th grader but WAS and has graduated from the gradeschool.<BR>He's 21.<BR>I'm gonna run this past our lawyer if we can reach him today....<P>So crazy this situation!<P>My sister's D friend called after church to ask her D if Mrs. so and so was married to her uncle! Ye-gads!!!!<BR>They are almost 9 yrs. old. Sisters D said that was bad what the church put in the bulletin aunt debi!!!<P>Mercy....what's next?<P>Thanks for the support.<P>love<BR>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

F
F
Gem,<BR> I have only got a sec. I just wanted to say how sorry I'm that this nut has did this. Please be very careful watch your back she really sounds like one that could try to harm you in other ways, She is spoiled rotten and cant stand the fact that her money cant buy your h. with love flowerseed

T
T
Gem, <BR>I would also like to add along with everyone else how bad I feel for you. You have been so supportive to me the past few weeks, just wanted you to know I am thinking of you.<BR>We need an island like in Escape from NY to send all of our ow to. <BR>Tina

T
T
Debi,<P>I, too, want to add my surprise and discust to this new twist in your situation! How someone could do that is beyond me! I would definately see what your attorney says about this. You just might have something with the proof that OW still wants H, and is using the child to try to force a wedge between you and H! These OW have no souls or feelings for anyone other than themselves! I will be praying for you and your H.<P>Love,<P>Tigger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation