Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hi all,<P>We finally got all the materials together for our adoption appeal and Fed Exed it out yesterday afternoon. Mr. Job and I would really appreciate any prayers and good wishes you might wish to offer.<P>We have no idea what has happened to the children. Once they denied our home study we have not been told a thing about the children. They may be in Italy with a new host family on a summer program like they were on last year when they came to us. We don't know. One of the hardest thing is knowing that they are alive some where in the world and we don't know if they are OK. A friend who is now home raising her three adopted children but who used to be an adoption social worker likened this to older, closed adoptions where the birth parents didn't know what happened to the child they gave birth to. It is a real agony.<P>Also on the prayer list--Mr. Job has a 3.5 day series of job interviews next week on the other side of the country. He would be working from our home but he has to travel for the interviews. <P>MJ

C
C
Mrs. Job...<P>Very special prayers offered up for a very successful conclusion.<P>May your dreams come true.<P>Love<P>Catnip =^^=

T
T
You got it Mrs. J!!!! I can just imagine the feelings you have, starting the waiting game all over again! I will pray that things go smoothly for you and Mr. J with the adoption paperwork.<P>Also prayers for your "seperation" as he interviews for these jobs, and a succesful interview process.<P>Love,<P>Tigger

G
G
Oodles of warm thoughts and prayers sent your way. You have my best wishes Mrs.Job. Let us know what's up,ok?<BR>love<BR>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

M
M
MJ,<BR>You have all my thoughts and Prayers on this one..<BR>Love MC

J
J
Prayers for you all,<BR>J

B
B
Dear Mrs Job,<BR>I also would like to send well wishes and many prayers that your appeal is accepted and ultimately your two little boys will be where they belong. Prayers for hubby too!<BR>Love<BR>bw

M
OP Offline
M
Thank you all for the warm wishes. You brought tears to my eyes.<P>MJ

T
T
Mrs. Job, I work for FedEx and will pray that we take very good care of your package. Like Tom Hanks in "Cast Away"... you never know what a package holds. Sometimes just junk, sometimes they hold dreams & magic. But you treat them all the same. Special. <P>God bless you and those children. Some things are meant to be. They happen. I pray your's will happen. <P>Take care... Carolyn

T
T
My prayers are being sent as I post. I know He has a plan for this one.

Z
Z
Prayers and Hopeful thoughts coming your way.<P>I do have a question. What is the time frame for the appeal's reviewal and notification of their decision????<P>I know the wait will be agony. But you are a strong woman. <P>Take care and keep us posted.<P>Z.<P>------------------<BR>Zebra Baby ...<P>Lord, give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

F
F
Mrs Job,<BR> special prayers are on the way. I truely hope you get your little angels back with you and Mr J soon. with love flowerseed

B
B
You have a big heart. I hope everything turns out beyond your wildest hopes and dreams.

F
F
Dear Mrs and Mr Job,<P>My heartfelt wishes that the appeal goes in your<BR>favor and your little boys can come home to you.<P>Love and prayers, fluke

M
OP Offline
M
ZebraBaby,<P>They have 5 business days to make their decision. Today is the first day. We don't expect them to change their decision, but I try to hold onto God's promise that if we have sufficient faith we can tell a mountain to move from here to there and it will move.<P>If we don't pass this, we are talking about getting another home study done and trying a private adoption in Russia (a legal nightmare) if the boys are still available. I am going to send a letter to the translator who stayed with us for a few days last summer while the boys where here. <P>She actually works for the Dep.t of Education in Russia, the agency that oversees adoptions. She was like the gov't official who traveled with the 25 children from Russia last summer. She visited most, if not all, of the families to observe how things were going. She has a very strong bond with these boys since they are from her home state in Russia. Our time went very well with her and I know that she was impressed with the bond that formed and with our parenting skills. If we have to go a private adoption (if the Italian family hasn't gotten the boys) I think that she might guide us through the process. <P>We could pass a different home study and adopt other children from Russia through a different agency, but our only chance at these boys who spent last summer with us is through this agency or through a private adoption.I think that would mean one of us taking off a couple of months and going over there to live and work through the system. We would move heaven and earth to bring these two boys home.<P>The worst part of an appeal is that it has caused me to hope again. I don't want to hope for this; it will hurt too much again if I doesn't work. So instead I will pray for God's will and try not to be too angry/hurt if He doesn't agree with us that these boys belong with us.<P>MJ

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation