Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#804039 09/14/01 10:30 PM
L
OP Offline
L
My dh has not heard from OW and it has been a week--remember i told you she told him that she was giving him one week to come see them and if he didn't she was going to take him to court. well, she has not contacted him and my dh said and far as he's concerned it is over. he said the only way they will end up in court is if he takes her and he said why should he--she refused to take test and she won't take him to court so as far as he's concern the OC is not his. should i force the issue but insisting we go to court and consider this over? remember she has a sign acknowledgement form. let me know what you guys think.

T
T
Lemonpie,<P>My take on your situation is that you should definately push the issue, especially since there is that document that your H signed. As Bystander has stated, it may have been noted on the document that your H was not signing under duress, but he also did it to keep xOW from telling you what had happened, and that is something to consider. The last thing you want to do is let this just sit on the back burner, only to have it blow up in your faces because you didn't contest that document. Call a lawyer to see where you stand, legally, and if you can sue to have her forced to take the test. If this child is not your H's, why should you pay any more for anything this child needs? Just my opinion.<P>Tigger

B
B
<BR>lemonpie,<P>I agree with Tigger. You need to force the issue. Here's why. Your H can still make a plausible claim of duress, but that argument has a shelf life dictated by how long you've known of the affair. As time passes, and your H ignores the issue, the ability to claim duress diminishes. Go talk to a lawyer about this.<P>Bystander

W
W
How does your hubby know she won't or hasn't filed for cs. She can file today and you will not know for weeks it takes a long time to get a case started. If she has talked to a lwayer i am sure he told her to file since she as the acknowledgment of paternity paper signed. I would start saving now in case you get hit with legalbills and back support.

L
OP Offline
L
what if, see my post under new news, she is now agreeing to PT test. i think she still wants my dh and she is playing the common role of the understanding OW. i'm the bit...wife. so as of right now, i really don't know what to do next because when i push my dh in a question and answer session--he shuts down. if i don't ask any questions-he doesn't let me know what's going on. i feel i'm in a no win situation. if i stay married--i have to come to terms with the OW and the OWC will be in his life always, if i leave--my children could suffer tremendously. so what am i to do?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation