Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#804808 10/18/01 09:26 AM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Forgive me for calling you out here, but I haven't seen you anywhere else lately -- <P>In case you don't get over to any other boards these days, I've posted a message from Pilar, Tanya (Tired Lady's) sister. It's a general Thank you message.<P>I do know the circumstances now. She told me that I am welcome to share what she's written me with anyone who I think has a genuine interest in the details...<P>I can post a little something here or on WWLM, and of course, there is always the dreaded email (why bother mentioning it [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img])... whatever you'd like. But I know you cared and were questioning... and I'd be happy to share.<P>Let me know...<P>Cyberly [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img], <BR>Sheryl

#804809 10/19/01 12:12 AM
K
K Offline
K
Hi Sheryl,<P>Please post away. I've been very busy at work, so I've only been flitting in here on occasion. I'd appreciate hearing the whole story.

#804810 10/19/01 12:16 AM
P
P
Sure lazy sure. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] Thought I'd say hi.

#804811 10/19/01 12:35 AM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi again,<P>I hadn't expected to hear from Pilar again, but had left a message for her on Tanya's email addy. It was a long-shot, as I didn't know if Pilar had Tanya's password to the mail, and when months passed, I suspected that I would never hear. Of course, it was a nice surprise, and it offered a sense of closure for me. Pilar said that my thoughts helped her to see what Tanya was thinking from a different perspective... so we helped each other a bit... I hope it does the same for you, K.<P>We discussed her demeanor prior to the accident, and also the relationship with her (ex)H and the OW (Mia's Choice, as you may remember). Pilar and her family did not "approve" of the EA, but they acknowledge that there were horrific problems in the marriage, and time has shown that Tanya and her ex's children are being very well cared for by their father and his fiance (Mia). The children are healing from their mother's death...<P>Okay, here's the part of Pilar's email that I will share verbatim (and I was given permission by Pilar to share any/all of the emails if I felt led to do so):<P>"My sister died as a result of massive head injuries in a head on collision with another driver. For as much as she was depressed and angry, suicide was not her style. Oh I'm sure she was quite the drama queen as we used to call her in her younger days when telling of her life to people on the marriage board, but suicidal she was not. I think she just wanted to feel validated in what had transpired. It was and still is for all of us a huge undertaking to admit ones own<BR>fault in something as personal as a marriage. She had done this at the end, years too late. ..<P>I do believe she was on the road to a more peaceful existence. Not a life she wanted by any means, but at least she was "dealing" in reality."<P>I think this excerpt alone tells quite a story, and I believe it will answer your questions as it did mine. Of course there is more, and if you'd like to know anything specifically, and I can answer, I certainly will be happy to do so...<P>Let me know...

#804812 10/19/01 12:37 AM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Paul! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] How ***ARE*** you? What has happened with Amanda???????<P>Talk, buddy!!!

#804813 10/19/01 12:48 AM
K
K Offline
K
Thanks, Sheryl. It does help, although it still doesn't take away from the tragedy of the situation.<P>And yeah Paul---what IS up with you? The last post I saw from you was a "test" over at the Divorcing forum quite some time ago. I wasn't sure if it was you or Amanada...<P>How are things?

#804814 10/19/01 12:57 AM
T
T
Paul, <P>I, too, am curious. I have followed a little of your story and often think of you and the others who would post in your situation when we first came to this board. Those like you, Floored, Lynton, Middleman. I often wonder how you all are doing. Give us an update as to where you are at right now.<P>Tigger

#804815 10/18/01 02:04 PM
P
P
You guys really don't want to know. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Amanda has seperated from her "new" husband and is trying to save money for a divorce.<P>I have just fully recovered from tonsilectomy (sp) and I have been remodeling my house and rebuilding a truck.<P>The kids are wonderful and are doing well. Although my daughter does not speak at all of her mother (still in WV) and her mother has not called about her. That is fine with me but is it healthy?<P>Ask me no more and I won't have to fib to you! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

#804816 10/18/01 03:00 PM
Q
OP Offline
Q
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Moyers:<BR><STRONG>You guys really don't want to know. [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Ask me no more and I won't have to fib to you! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Paul, my dear man, actually YES, I want to know... and no fibbing either! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]<P>So, Amanda feels she made a mistake and she's planning on....????<P>And you are planning to....????<P>You have plenty of time to talk to us, since you're recouping (and GET WELL SOON!!)...<P>Talk to us!!'<P><I><B>In my fervor to send this, I thought you were still recouperating (that spelling looks way wrong! LOL) I have reread, and see now that you are fully healed... well alrighty then... still, TELL US what's going through that very nice-guy head of yours? [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]<BR> </I></B><p>[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: Nyneve ]

#804817 10/18/01 04:20 PM
B
B
What a thread! My canuck drama queen Sheryl, my old pal Paul Moyers, and my "main man" K all in one place. Geez, who's next? Just Learning, you out there? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Bystander

#804818 10/18/01 04:52 PM
R
R
I'm dropping in. I read the thread regarding Tania. I am so relieved, I was worried and thinking the worst. Thanks again, Sheryl.<P>Jo

#804819 10/18/01 05:03 PM
J
J
Oh Yaaaah, I'm here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<P>I see that all of the usual suspects have been rounded up. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<P>How are you doing Bystander?? In fact how are all of you doing. I see Sheryl's posts quiet a bit, but the rest of you have been far too quite.<P>Paul, I do hope that you and your life are settling down. I know this whole thing has been rough, but I cannot help but think that things are going to improve.<P>Sheryl,<P>Just a question about Tired Lady. It would seem from her sisters posts that what TL was finally coming to realize was indeed true. She had not really been very helpful in her marriage. <P>It is always a shame, that just when people come to some peace such a tragedy occurs.<P>Must go busy week, and I'm off traveling next week.<P>Good to hear some updates.<P>God Bless,<P>JL

#804820 10/18/01 05:23 PM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Oh yes, <B>JL</B>, according to Tanya's sister, and truly from what I was beginning to hear from her myself, she was beginning to realize the gravity of her choices and the effect it had on her marriage, and indeed her life.<P>I agree that it somehow makes her death all the more tragic -- especially for her children, who evidently saw the worst of her far too many times during the last year or two... <P>And finally... HEY! Grrr... [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img]... I've been posting WAY LESS -- hasn't anyone noticed?! Sheesh!! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Hi <B>Jo</B>, and thanks for dropping by. I really thought this would be for K and drop right there... Nice to see you!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] It's amazing the affect of someone's life who we never saw "face to face" isn't it?<P>Dearest <B>Bystander</B>,<P>You're a poop [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] for calling me a Drama Queen [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] I haven't seen you in a bazillion years, and it's really nice to see you. <P>Was the "bazillion" over the top? [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

#804821 10/18/01 05:30 PM
K
K Offline
K
Wow, I thought this was just a little intimate girl-talk between me and Sheryl---and now all my favorites have crashed...<P>Hi to everyone. <P>Paul, are you going to answer Sheryl's questions, truthfully????<P>God love you all!!!<P> [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#804822 10/19/01 07:19 AM
P
P
No

#804823 10/19/01 07:21 AM
P
P
Ok, I will, but later today. No time right now. Plus on a seperate thread perhaps. I do not wish to disrespect you and sheryl and Tanya by posting my jibberish on your thread. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#804824 10/19/01 10:32 AM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Paul,<P>Yes, please begin a thread, and PLEASE tell us what's going on...<P>I don't know if you're aware of this, but K wrote a thread in EN's about a scary situation regarding his wife's health... so I'm not sure that he'll get back here today... at least not often.<P>Still, I (and I know all who wrote here) are concerned about you and very interested to hear what ultimately happened and what it means to you, to Amanda, and to your family.<P>You are among friends, and you are safe. Not to say that we won't tell you that you're making a mistake (in a loving way, of course! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img])... just know that you are cared for and safe here...<P>Looking forward to reading what you have to tell us... <P>Sheryl

#804825 10/19/01 10:44 PM
Y
Y
Wow.<P>Virtually all of you won't know me. It's been well over a year since I posted on the forum and about 3 years since my first post. For a combination of reasons, I popped on the Forum tonight. I hadn't figured I'd see ANY names I knew. Never mind one who'd registered even before I did! Whoa.<P>Hello K. I hope "time" has been good to you. Suse and I are doing marvelously. It's been just over three years since my EA...more like 10+ now for Suse. We're living proof relationships can not just survive but thrive.<P>Best to you,<P>DMAC

#804826 10/19/01 11:55 PM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Ohmygosh, It's Duncan Mac and Suse (of "pontification" fame!)... Yeah, I remember you... I was new_beginning back in the olden days...<P>Nice to see you!!

#804827 10/20/01 05:59 PM
P
P
Did I start something by poking my nose into your thread? [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 418 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation