Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
twiisty Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Here I am, sitting at the computer and thinking about 2001...it's bittersweet for me.<p>Lots of good and not so good.<p>I am believing for a year of RESTORATION, REPARATION, HEALING AND HOPE FOR 2002!!!!<p>I pray that 2002 smiles upon y'all to and is kinder to y'all.......<p>Hugs,
Twiisty

S
S
I'm with you. I want 2002 to be much better than
1998<p>I have decided that in spite of my H lies and seeming inability to commit to a marriage he claims to want . . . in spite of the OC and the fact that because of our geographic proximity I still have to see the OW . . . in spite of being stillinpain, I will not live another year feeling like I deserve less than the best.<p>Scriptures tell me that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." This year, I intend to do my best to move myself out of the way and allow God to empower me to heal and to make the decisions I need to make to be whole again.<p>I'LL BE PRAYING FOR YOU IN 2002!

M
M
Hey Twiist,<p>Yea, 2001... I can think back and remember the days when i was living in 1994 (college days) and would ponder about what it would be like in the year 2000 and thereafter... Nothing, but nothing could have prepared me for this.<p>I probably was one of those women that foresaw things to be pretty "normal" if you will...a husband, precious children, and we all live happily ever after. I still can't believe that this is MY life. I think i just always felt that I was better than the people on Jerry Springer, but I have learned that we all can succumb to Satan's web so long as their is temptation and sin. I know now that i am no better than anybody, but I also know that i am only as good as the company i keep. So i will press on to surround myself with God-loving, God fearing friends, not even that's a guarantee because we all will fall, but i must admit this whole nightmare sure has me not trusting people. <p>Stillinpain,
as i read what you wrote, i could have sworn that was me, even my h read it and asked if that was really from me. I think you and i are feeling a lot of the same feelings these days. I too am in really close proximity to the ow and don't think that i can deal with those circumstances, nor do i want to. The pain is just too close to home. I have asked h to move to CA with me, my hometown, but he is a cop and cannot seem to want to part with his dear department, i guess that leaves me 2nd in line... sigh...<p>Prayers to you all,
God is still Good,
I have a feeling that we are extra special to Him and he knew that we would be able to handle what we are going through now, ludicrous i know, to us, but i know He smiles down on us for our perseverence in Him.<p>Love,
Julia

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 194 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation