Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#810547 04/22/02 08:01 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Hello all.
I haven't posted in quite some time. I have been lurking and reading, though. I have had two triggers that have come about over the last few weeks. At least, I think that is my issue.
I guess I am looking for some been there, done that replies so I know this is normal.
To recap briefly, D-day was 11/00. Our OC is lost in oblivion due to Ex-ow not allowing us to see or have any contact after 9 months of basic uneventful visitation. Appears to be her insecurity over her child having a relationship with me. Anyway...
My H just went back to nights at work and this shift involved the affair. Our OC would also have been conceived around this time in 2000. That was a bit of an AHA moment today for me.
I have been having recurring dreams and thoughts of oc and exow. Is this normal with these circumstances? I am hoping this is just another part of the process. I was so hoping I had moved beyond this. Any responses would be appreciated.<p>P.S. Hi, Twiisty! I have not forgotten about you and think of you often. I want to get together again, but it will have to be this summer. June sound good?

D
D
tryin4sainthood
I just wanted to say it sounds normal to me to have those feelings. When January came around I was so depressed because that is when the A took place.<p>Oh, about the dreams. I have them too. Except I do not know if OC is my H and that is what my dreams are about<p>Dawn

M
M
Dear T4S,<p>I'd say yeah, this is pretty normal. When under stress I still dream about the A and OC. <p>I was getting pretty miserable to live with in the weeks leading up to our adoption. The stress was enormous, my responsibilites were even more enormous and I was taking it out on Mr. J. I was getting quite shrill.<p>I dreamed that he grabbed me by the cheeks and squeezed my mouth shut. In my dream he said, "your mouth is a viscious weapon and I wish I had chosen to stay with Timberly [my pet name for exOW]." the next morning I apologized for the way I had been talking to him and he said I wasn't as bad as I thought I had been. Whew!<p>MJ

T
T
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> P.S. Hi, Twiisty! I have not forgotten about you and think of you often. I want to get together again, but it will have to be this summer. June sound good? <hr></blockquote><p>T4S!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p>I have not forgotten about you either...just now settling down with all of dinobon's medical situation....(heh heh) [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I think Summer would be excellent to get together and hang...just let me know when...my two older girls will be going to Arizona to be with their bio-dad for 5 weeks. I will just have "mini-me" and Bubba for part of the Summer...we need to make plans.<p>I understand how you feel also as each Mardi Gras season is a reminder that ex-OW (affectionately referred to as Secubus in our house [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] )
conceived OC...*sigh*....our D-day approacheth like next week...I have a nice post already planned out in my head of what I would like to share with everyone on this board...but I probably won't post it...hee hee.....probably don't have time!!!!! Since Mr. "T" works night shift permenantly, I understand how you feel about that also...Trust is a fragile thing.<p>gimme a call or e-mail me or we can chat sometime...let's get together and "talk" and Mr. "T" and I owe you a fine, fabulous dinner....<p>Hugs, thoughts and prayers to you....<p>Twiisty

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 281 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation