Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81152 07/24/04 01:28 PM
N
NikLB Offline OP
OP Offline
N
My MIL and I have had our share of problems since the babies been born. It used to be her always coming over, and throwing a big fuss about not getting to watch him enough. (Which if you read my last question, it's because we agree on nothing, she doesn't respect how I do things, and she doesn't take good care of him when she does keep him, ex leaving him on a couch, alone in the house after he started scooting around and rolling over. There's much more but that's not what's it's about now. The only way the settle this was by avoiding seeing her without me being there. Well now she makes a point to only try and see him when she knows I won't be there, putting together family events only when I have to work and hubby doesn't so she can have all the control. My hubby agreed she can't watch her alone but this is a battle I cannot win, and don't want to because she should see her grandson sometimes, but.....why can't she just say ok I agree to do it your way, even though I think I'm right (My expectations are not unrealistic, just no smoking, don't leave alone of high places, babies need playtime and stimulating activities to, sleep on back, no sips of coffe and tastes of junk food at 7 months old. YES people all things she does, and won't change, becasue she did it with hers and there just fine. The point is it's not how I do it with mine! Who's.....Mine! How do I get around her sneakiness for control without yet another fight?

J
J
Hi NikLB,

You might want to post this on "Emotional Needs" board, it'd get more traffic.

I know this is not what you might want to hear, but I think you need to seriously get your hubby ON BOARD with your way of thinking, and to POJA that she is NOT to be his sole caretaker at any time, including when you are at work. Where is your H during these parties she has while you're working?

Nik, please cut and paste your topic into a new thread on the Emotional Needs board. There are a lot of mom's and dads on that board.

jo

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation