Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#812915 07/04/02 03:40 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Dear Babstr,

I just checked in today to see if you had been back online. Zebra and I posted to you under your post asking about recovery.

Since you were only two weeks away from delivery I am very concerned. Please give us a shout and let us know you are okay.

love,
heavenly

#812916 07/04/02 10:14 PM
B
B
heavenly,

Sorry I didn't get back to you. My husband made it back home late Sunday night. I have been rather miserable, with the pregnancy. Plus, I am still struggling a little bit with the lack of recovery feelings.

I spoke to my husband and he was more than supportive. He told me that he understands, and feels so bad that I feel the way I do. And he will try harder to make me feel even more important.

I only have 11 days until I will be going to the hospital. Part of me some days doesn't even believe I am going to make it that long, too many pains going on. But I need to hold out until my induction date, that is when my mom will be here to watch my daughter. I also found out that I have some weird bacteria which can give my baby menigitis. So the induction will be under careful care of giving my strong antibiotics when labor starts, and then as soon as she is born she will have to have them also. So once again another little blow.

Once again thanks for wondering about me. Sometimes I feel so bad that I can't get myself to come here and give support to others right now. But it seems when you are down in the dumps it makes it hard to be positive. You know what I mean? I will keep you up to date

babstr.

#812917 07/05/02 11:32 PM
Z
Z
babstr,

i just wanted to tell you, i was strep B positive with both of my kids. i also have another condition that has to be carefully monitored during childbirth.

i took a boat load of antibiotics in the hours before my vaginal birth to prevent my little angels from getting the strep B bacteria. Both turned out fabulous. Daughter was a little jaundice, but that cleared up in a week or so.

i don't know if you are referring to strep B, but it's quite common in a huge percent of the population. some doctors don't routinely check for it. mine does. she says the cost of detection and prevention far outweighs the cost of treating a sick baby.

i'll try and find you a line on it. Let me know if that's what weird bacteria you referred to in your post.

Z.

i found the link:

http://www.groupbstrep.org/gbs/aboutGBS1.html#whatis

<small>[ July 05, 2002, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: zebrababy ]</small>

#812918 07/06/02 03:16 PM
B
B
zebrababy,

Yep, that is what I have. I just didn't know if I should try to insist on a c-section. Is that what caused the jaundice or was it separate?? I didn't have it with my first pregnancy, and of course I wasn't tested for it. But my new doctor tests for it. I just hate for there to be anything extra that could make her sick, especially at the beginning. Once again thanks for the info.

babstr.

#812919 07/07/02 08:12 AM
J
J
babstr,

Lots of thoughts, but it all boils down to: my prayers for you and your baby!

Angel wings to your whole family,
J

#812920 07/09/02 03:51 PM
C
C
Babstr

I am so glad your hsuband is back and being so good to you...you really, really need nurturing right now. I am so glad he is up for the challenge.

you know we are all praying for you, Babstr, that all goes extremely well for you. You have been through so much and having a tough time. I think you will start seeing light at the end of the tunnel soon. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers and am sending you warm wishes.

Love to you

Catnip =^^=

#812921 07/09/02 11:59 PM
Z
Z
Babstr,

The attributed the jaudice to "phisiological jaundice" which is a term to say they aren't quite sure why. Could have been the antibiotics or my breast milk, but it was very very mild.

I hope you read the links I gave you. The success rate of pre-birth antibiotics is very high. It protects the child while they are still in the womb so that when she/he passes through the birth canal any exposure to the bacterium is fought off by the antibiotic.

I began mine as soon as I sprang a leak in my water bag. I had two rounds before we even started pitocin so that the baby had full benefit of the drug.

I personally never considered a c-section. I trusted my doctor and the information she was giving me.

Please email the moderators for my email addy, I'll tell you more .... make sure you put something about marriage builders or Babstr in the subject because I don't open anything I don't recognize. I'm freaky about computer viruses!

Z.

<small>[ July 10, 2002, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: zebrababy ]</small>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation