Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
twiisty Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I'm not sure how to handle this...I made an honest mistake and wrote the "old" address wrong (I accidentally transposed the numbers...this was before the storm etc...and finding out I'm pregnant...) and it was an honest mistake...well Mr."T" went to the post office to try to track it down and put it in a new envelope and re-mail it and the post office said that Ex-OW moved and just put a change of addy in at the post office...because Mr. "T" is a cop and was in uniform, they gave him the addy. We actually found out by accident her new addy...

The quandry? Do I send it to the new addy or the old addy in the future...she didn't notify us...I'm not sure how to handle this...don't want us to look like we are vitally following her every move, we want them to have their space, especially if her hubby ever decides to adopt...

I also don't want her playing games and crying "FOUL" that she didn't get her CS payment. As per our no contact letter she was instructed to notify us in writing to our P.O. box any changes of addys so we can get OC her money.

I'm not sure how to handle this or how to take this..unless she's (The ex-ow) is like me and forgets details when there is a major move going on...this is her third move since I found out about all this...she apparently moves alot...always has been...

Oh well...anyone else dealt with this before? What if she moves and the CS checks get returned to me and she leaves no forwarding addy next time? Do I go to court? Keep the money in an account until after the kid turns 18? What?

I never expected this turn of events...hmmmm, inquiring minds wanna know...

Thanks,
Twiisty

T
twiisty Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Oh..let me clarify....the change of addy she put in the post office was there for a while...it wasn't "just put in"...sorry for the confusion...

Twiisty

E
E
twiisty, My H and I pay CS through the friend of the court. May I ask why you send OW's check directly to her?

ember

T
twiisty Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Because we settled out of court. I'm the one to directly send it to her...we don't have the courts interferance and thus we avoid the three year reviews etc....Ex-ow owes back child support so she probably settled out of court so they won't breathe down her neck.

I don't like it, but since I'm the one that signs the check and sends it to her, at least I'll know where she's at too...

It does cut down on alot of court interferance and unless she takes us back to court to modify (we filed first in a higher court, over Juvvy court) we have our agreement filed in a higher court and it stands.

Twiisty

T
twiisty Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Oh yeah...we also avoid the extra $250 "administrative fee" that the juvinile court tacks on for the three year reviews and for handling the CS checks and disbursing them...so it's worth signing my names to a few more checks until the child turns 18. They (the Juvvy court) was livid when Ex-ow wanted to settle out of court with us. They wanted their "cut" too...even our lawyer said that...how sad...

Twiisty

D
D
Twiisty,
I guess I would just send it to the address that you have from her!

hey, How do you know what court to file in? I called some lawyers and they really did not tell me. They wanted a fee first. I know the court system is different here in WI.

hope to chat with you soon!

Dawn

M
M
Dawn you may want to call the Dept of Social Service. They could tell you where to file for child support.Or they may call it the Department of Welfare.

D
D
Malc,
I don't want to file for child support, I just want to file for paterinty testing!

Dawn

E
E
twiisty, you mention "even our lawyer". Why not check with the lawyer who represented you before? It maybe possible that OW cannot just move without your H's knowlege.

Just a thought, ember

J
J
Dawn,
I'm near Madison now, but used to do some work with the county in MKE. Toss me an email with your county if you'd like and I'll let you know what phone # to call and where to go for information...
E

B
B
Twiisty....Im aboout to call you but i would send it to the old addy.

Just the wife......that is hilarious!!!!!!!!! I have a 4 yr old and know way to much about ole Squarepants and Patrick.

B
B
Twiisty....Im aboout to call you but i would send it to the old addy.

Just the wife......that is hilarious!!!!!!!!! I have a 4 yr old and know way to much about ole Squarepants and Patrick.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation