Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#820425 03/29/03 08:57 AM
T
OP Offline
T
.......and any other's who's H/W/family member has been deployed in recent months......

I was wondering how you were doing? I have been praying for all our troop's safety and health! I hope you are all doing as well as can be expected!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{to all service member's families}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Love & Prayers
Tigger

J
J
I second that tigger--

a prayer for all servicemembers and their families, esp. of the deployed.

J
(very happy to have DH home again!)

T
T
I third the motion, Tigger....

Praying for safety for all our troops and for peace for families in waiting....

Twiisty
an ex-military wife

B
B
Thank you for checking up on us. I am doing ok. Still adjusting and having some boughts of depression. I figured as much once this war started. But am trying to stay positive and send positive thoughts to my H. I have for the most part not worried about him cheating. Like I said before there isn't much I can do about it if he does.

Sorry I am not writing much more. Just not feeling like myself and busy with the kids. Thanks again.

babstr.

T
OP Offline
T
Extra hugs to you right now!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Babstr & family}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

A
A
Thanks for thinking of us. Having support means a lot. I think the soldiers agree. I've heard several of them say that getting mail and support even from people they don't know helps them and brightens their day.

This has been such a nerve wracking time. I don't want to watch the tv. And I try to keep the kids away from it too. But if I see something on the channel, I am drawn to it. I look to see if that soldier is my husband or one of my two brothers. I look at the numbers on the trucks to see if it is one of their units. It is surreal, like watching a horror movie but knowing it is the real thing.

We did hear from one of my brothers last week. It was wonderful. His unit had been ambushed and he wanted to let us know that he was alright. Several in his company were not. We have also received letters from all three (hubby and my 2 bros). They sound upbeat and positive and say they are doing well. All say they never want to see sand again!! I know they are pretty tired too, just catching cat naps when they can.

On the other hand, me and the kids are doing pretty well. We say goodnight and I love you to daddy's picture every night. Everyday I hear "Mommy, where's Daddy?" And we discuss that yes, daddy's working in the army (regardless of service) and that daddy will come home as soon as he gets done with his job. They are not worried for his safety, just miss him. They are both potty trained, but both had a regression in the beginning. Now that is back under control. One worry is that the little one (2yo) has begun calling other men daddy, even strangers at the grocery store or wherever. I correct it, but it is a reminder of when they first came to us. And the new daycare is helping too.

I had them at a home daycare and the lady said the oldest would cry saying I miss daddy. This went on for about a week when she finally told me and told me that she didn't want to keep them anymore. So with a broken leg, I took time off work and went hunting new daycare. They have been there for a month now. The teachers allow the sadness and missing daddy and then get them doing something else. YES!!! That's what I asked the first one to do!!! They have a family picture up in their cubby. They also help the children make things to send to daddy in the mail (although some we will save for his return)! They are in a much better place.

And my leg is mostly healed. I limp slightly if I'm standing on it too long. And everything else is doing pretty well too. I unfortunately feel somewhat of a relief with hubby gone. I am no longer wondering where he is or what he is doing. I hope that somehow this will be good for us. I worry very much for his (and other soldiers) safety. I pray that this war is over quickly and with little harm and as much good as possible.

T
OP Offline
T
aimee,

It sounds as if you have things under control, or as much as you are able! I am glad that you have heard from all three in your family through letters, and from the one brother! I will continue to keep you all in my prayers!

The children are very young, and so will not remember this time in a few years, but what they will remember is your love and compassion for them! I can't believe that the first daycare provider just gave up like that! I mean these kids have been through a lot in their young lives, and now their daddy is gone and they can only see pictures of videos of him till he comes back home! Someone who watches children should be more compassionate! I'm glad that you were able to find a good daycare who really does care and helps with this time in their lives!

Keep off that foot if possible! I'm glad that it's mending well, and hope it is back to normal soon!

Again, you all are in my prayers!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{aimee & family}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Tigger

T
OP Offline
T
Just wanted to bump this up for any and all military members/families!!!! You are in my continued prayers, and thoughts!!!!

Love and prayers,

Tigger

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,365 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation