There is so much advice about getting a good lawyer, that I am afraid I am making a mistake getting separated without one. If you have read my prior posts you know that I filed for separation (CS and spousal support) - they had a problem b/c we did not put a separate address for my H (clerk said we didn't have to - wrong), so now we have to refile the paperwork with an address for him and supposedly it will be done. He has a mailing address from mailboxes that we were going to refile with - hope it works, but am I missing something by not doing this with a lawyer? Lynn, you always say to see a lawyer and do everything legally, but I couldn't find a lawyer to help me when I explained the situation, especially when I only wanted to separate and not divorce, and I saw several. I have no contacts who are lawyers, so I was at a dead end. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something? I know if she files for CS we need to get a lawyer, but I want to get this done first so my CS and spousal support will be taken out first. The paperwork was very straightforward. How do you find an aggressive lawyer?