Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#842712 11/06/00 04:04 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Okay, I do a lot of griping and complaining and this is a more positive idea. In counseling I said I had given up a lot of things I would have loved to do, things I used to do before H and I got together. And one thing we agreed to do was spend more time one-on-one. I suggested a game of scrabble. Sunday our son had a play date after church, my H was playing softball, and we were to meet afterwards and play a game of scrabble.<P>(Boring! I can just see you all clicking off to read another post.) Well, yes, it was just a game of scrabble. What I hadn't counted on was that we were concencentrating so hard on the words that we weren't talking or joking or anything. And toward the end of the game when the score got tighter, it looked like I would win. (It doesn't take much to amuse us, folks.) <P>H won by about 4 or 5 points. It was a nice experience, because it was an entertainment I'd suggested. No romance, any of you who know our story know it's been a long arid couple of years. But I'm grateful that he did something I'd suggested, that I gave him a run for his money, and that it was just us.<P>And yeah, I do find it interesting watching grass grow, cement dry, and people getting haircuts.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

#842713 11/16/00 06:04 PM
J
J
We like to play speed Uno. The zoo is a pretty cheap date, and you can do a good amount of talking. We also like to go house looking. We don't plan to move or anything, but it is fun to dream.<P>------------------<BR>Jim Lewis<BR><A HREF="http://frappydoo.com/forum" TARGET=_blank>FrappyDoo! Forums</A><BR><A HREF="http://marriedadults.com" TARGET=_blank>Married Adults.com</A>

#842714 11/17/00 02:40 PM
B
OP Offline
B
We've never played Uno but there is one where we keep the games in the closet. We played scrabble again, and my H tried to cheat. he says it wasn't cheating; it was a desperate last ditch effort to win. I beat him! This scrabble game meant more to me than dinner recently at a very expensive restaurant, because of the interraction, and the shared joy.<P>BTW, thanks for the link to the married adults site. I bookmarked it, and will check it out later.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation