Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#846017 02/11/00 01:35 AM
G
OP Offline
G
When I found out about this affair my husband called this woman to say it was over. I then spoke to her and I guess threatened her a lot (I was still in shock).Since then we have been to counceling, we have read all books people have advised and we listed and respect one another's Basic Needs. The problem is that I can't get over he still works with her. This was a friendship prior to romance which scares the death out of me. Every time he leaves for work I go into a deep depression and imagine the worst in everything. I realize that after reading many letters in here that two months is a short time to feel better. Sometimes I can be holding him and hating her at the same time. I know it takes two and I guess I have a lot of resentful thought for him too. How can you build trust when you were lied to about the entire relationship they had. How can you know it's over just because they were found out? How do I know she really isn't still trying to be with him? I know I have a lot of questions, but I'm new to this and would appreciate any help learning to cope and overcome this.

#846018 02/11/00 01:47 AM
J
JW Offline
J
Welcome,<P>Let me be the first to tell you, you are not alone!!<P>I'm not the best at giving advice, but I will send the two people that have helped me the most to your post. JL and Kathi.<P>All I can offer is, post and read, post and read...give it some time.<P>Hang in there!<BR>James

#846019 02/10/00 02:18 PM
K
K
Welcome--<BR>I'm pretty new to this also, having only found out recently about my H's emotional affair with a co-worker, so I'm not sure how much help I can be. But, I wanted to let you know you are not alone.<BR>NSR (the local welcome wagon) will probably post to you soon with a welcome msg including links to various helpful areas of the site...tho you may have found them already...there are several on infidelity on the homepage.<BR>Have you read "After the Affair" (Spring)? I have not yet (its coming from amazon), but it was highly recommended to me.<BR>I do understand your feelings when your H goes to work...mine cannot easily find a new job either, but does have a job interview next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.<BR>Does your H seem to miss her? Mine sure does, which is hard to see. <BR>As for whther she is trying to get him back, you'll see as you read other's posts that many times the OP (other person)does. But the truth is that it was up to your H to get involved the first time, and it is up to him to not get involved again. She's not your problem...he is. <BR>I'd also advise you to try to understand what your H was missing in his marriage that left a spot of fertile ground for this affair to grow in. <BR>Hang in there--<BR>Kathi <BR> <BR>

#846020 02/10/00 02:19 PM
L
L
My H is having an affair with OW from the office. We almost got back together once, but he would have had to change jobs within a few weeks, (as soon as he found one) and I think that frightened him. <P>On the extreme, it is recommended to MOVE FAR AWAY. That not being possible, but a job is replaceable for the most part. TO give you peace of mind.<P>There is no guarantee its over. It might be, but as soon as you have a fight, it might not be. All ties with this OW has to end, so you can start to recover from this. Otherwise, you will be a wreck every time he goes to work.<P>I don't want to give you a bad feeling, but I think it is going to be hard with him and her having daily contact. From my experience, and the books I have read, its a bad idea. Read Private Lies by Dr Pittman as well as the Harley books. Educate yourself and don't let this turn into an argument (LB)with H. <P>Good for you yelling at OW!!!!! <P>Good luck, prayers are with you!

#846021 02/10/00 05:30 PM
T
T
My h worked at the same location as OW for over 1 1/2 years after their affair ended. It is a big place and he didn't see her often at all. Of course they sought each other out as often as possible during their affair. <P>He did spend several months after me finding out looking for her vehicle in the parking lot that sort of thing. It doesn't matter how trivial it may sound, if you have been betrayed no amount of interest, contact or mental acknowledgement on the part of the betrayer with the OP is trivial.<P>The ow just recently quite and moved away. It was a major weight off of my shoulders, and it seemed to be off of his too. This of course hurt me because I took it as him missing her or feeling that he had "lost her forever".<P>No Contact is crucial. My H had ended it with OW twice before I found out and ended up going back to her. He ended it before I found out, but was still having contact with her so it wasn't truly over.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 258 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation