Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PS Offline OP
OP Offline
P
This is a fantastic site, and I would hate for my suggestion to cause anyone to leave here as there are many people who need the help here, but I have another suggestion/option for some of you who want to chat.<P>Have any of you heard of ICQ? The best way to describe it if you have never seen it, it is a free progrma you download from the internet. You can put as little or as much info. about yourself as you want to in it when you register. If you know other people who have ICQ, you can add them to your "friends" list. When you log onto the internet, ICQ launches and tells you which if any of your "friends" are online also. From here you can either send instant messages to each other or you can even go into a private "chat" section where you can talk without any interruption from any of your other online friends. You can even setup group chats with many people together (dunno how many), but with too many people, sometimes it gets confusing.<P>There is definitely some danger here, as ICQ is likely the way many "affairs" begin and "progress," but I do believe it has benefits to some people who just need someone to talk to right at that moment.<P>You can setup your preferences so that nobody can add you to their friends list without your approval, and you can even set yourself up so that you log on "invisible" which means you can see who is on, but they cannot see you (unless some of them are also invisible). If used the right way, it can really be a nice way to talk to friends - for any of you wi th AOL, I have heard it is something like the "buddy" list that they allow you to have.<P>The information is at <A HREF="http://www.icq.com," TARGET=_blank>www.icq.com,</A> but if any of you do use it, remember not to substitute it for this site - there are alot of wise and helpful people here - you may not get a response to your post as fast as you could on ICQ, but you get one pretty fast and I would hate for anyone to leave this site.<P>Give it a try and let me know what you think - I have been using it for a couple years to set up online games with friends and leave them messages etc... and I like it alot - but it does make things seem a little more personal, so if you are uncomfortable with that, that's OK too :-).<BR>PS

P
P
Hi PS!<P>My friend was on that network, and she had me download the "instant messaging" function. I couldn't get it loaded! It frustrated the heck out of me, so I convinced her to download the AOL instant messagenger. This is separate and free from AOL. If you have an AOL account you can use your screen name, otherwise you make up a new one.<P>If there's any tricks that I didn't know about as to how to get it downloaded correctly, and you know what they are, that would be great!<P>Thanks for the advice! I only wished mine would work! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>--purplemag

L
LMS Offline
L
I have ICQ and aol IM I love my ICQ have had it since I have had my computer I have never had any problums that the ignore feture cant handle. if ya ever wanna chat let me know [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Lesa<P>------------------<BR>"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and<BR> lean not unto thine own understanding." -Proverbs 3:5<BR>Take care and God Bless.<P> lms20ish@jobe.net

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation