Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
lost11 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
hi there n_b i was just wondering if you had some insight on my situation i have to go back to work soon, and i have to work with MM and i heard you might know something about this.<BR>i am not sure how to deal with this situation. it would be greatley appreaciated if you could help.<BR>thanx<P>------------------<BR>lost

N
N
Good thing I lurk, huh?<P>My insight comes from the fact that I have worked with the OM since the affair ended, and have thankfully, been able to avoid rekindling the fire for nine months since it ended. That is not to say that it hasn't been a kind of hell on earth, that I haven't at times been tempted (especially when my H had a revenge affair in January, and the OM expressed an interest in beginning the affair again), and it also doesn't mean that it's the best way to go on with your life. I'd wager that it will be the most difficult thing you do! Far more difficult than ending the affair in the first place!<P>As a disclaimer: If I could have, I'd have quit my job. If there is no way for you to do it, like me, then read on...<P>How'd I do it? Well... here's a list!<P>1. I took ICQ, private email, and any other means of private commuincation off my computer. I deleted him from all friends lists. The only way we communicate is personally or on work email... which is monitored. <P>2. I stopped going ANYwhere, even staff meetings, with him alone. I took others with me when there were retirement parties, etc. Even walking out to the parking lot at night after work became difficult, but I planned my days so that I stayed later, even 5 minutes, or left earlier. Some days I ended up leaving at exactly the same time, and on those days, I literally put SPACE between us... I walked behind or in front of... never next to. I have to say that now, after all these months, I can walk out to my car with him... but I purposely park on the other side of the lot, so that we seperate immediately after going downstairs.<P>3. I talk about nothing personal/marriage related. I admit, I've slipped, and so has he... it isn't easy. But for the most part, it's work-related only.<P>4. He's been told that if my office door is closed he CANNOT ENTER- UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES- EXCEPT DIRE EMERGENCY. This is so that if my H or children come by, they won't have to see him in ANY way, or if I have a personal phone call of any kind, he won't hear it.<P>5. I tried to be not-so-flirty, funny, cute, sexy... all the stuff I flaunted in his face before... not that I was loose or a whore, but just that I was interested before, and there was no doubting it. I changed the way I dressed a bit, toned it down, not so tight skirts, etc. Again, not that I came to work looking like a hooker, but that I looked darned near perfect, and smelled really good too... so I also stopped wearing "his" favorite cologne, stopped using "his" favorite lip gloss (the smell of it reminded me of him) and threw them away, actually.<P>Again, I am not the queen of recovery, and I don't pretend to have been HUGE SUCCESS at this, but I do understand, and I do stand by what I've written here.<P>Hope this helps...<P>~Sheryl<P>

N
N
back up for lost11

L
lost11 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
New_Beginnings, thanx so much for the advice it helps alot. I have to work pretty close at times with MM so it is going to be pretty hard. Again THANK YOU.<BR>and thanx for lurking.....<BR>------------------<BR>lost<p>[This message has been edited by lost11 (edited March 16, 2000).]

N
N
lost,<P>did you try any of it?<P>did it work?<P>give me an update, okay?<P>Sheryl

L
lost11 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
New_Beginnings no i haven't tried yet because i haven't been at work, will be probably this weekend or on monday. I will let you know how it goes. thanx again.<P>------------------<BR>lost

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 611 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation