Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#856271 03/18/00 09:08 PM
K
Keosha Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hey all my friends out there in cyberville... I need your help.<P>I am going to loose all this extra weight that I've packed on. I'm 5'2" and I just weighed myself... 162 lbs! <P>I want to get back to my cute little size 5.<P>I've always weighed from 98 to 110. My current goal is to get down to 110. That's 52 lbs I need to shed. <P>Here's the problem. I love to eat! I have ZERO self control when it comes to late night snacks. <P>I'm desperate for ideas. I'm going to try everything till I find what works for me. <P>If it comes down to nothing working, then I'll wire my jaws closed or something. <P>Please post any and all ideas... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'm going to do this.... SOMEHOW I'm going to loose that weight...<P>Keo<P>

#856272 03/18/00 09:17 PM
T
T
Tell me something? How long did it take you to gain your extra weight??? I truly believe that the longer it has taken to put on the longer you should anticipate for it to come off!!!!!<P>Start by keeping a food diary. REally be honest. Including your coffee and cream in the AM. Then figure out what your weakn essed are. If it is dessert, knock off 3 a week. If it is salty (fries, chips) do the same. Try to decrease your intake by about 300-500 cal a day. Hopefully, you will find yourself taking off about a pound every 2 weeks. Believe it or not. That is a good way to do it. DO NOT try to starve yourself. DO NOT give up everything you love. You will just sabotage yourself. <P><BR>I have always been thin to normal.. When I am stressed I do not eat. During this ordeal I lost about 20 lbs. which was not good because I was thin. But after children I had a fair amount of weight. I gained over 50 lbs with my second son. I think a diary helped, as did portion control. I also gave up one thing. For me it was potatoe chips!!!!! Good luck. <P>If it helps you should find a good friend to share your diary with so you don't cheat!!!!

#856273 03/18/00 09:27 PM
W
W
Hi Keo,<P>I lost 58 pounds on Larry North's Slimdown for Life program. I swear by it! You eat 5 small meals a day, evenly spaced throughout the day. You can buy the book from Amazon.com. Of course the last 20 pounds just melted off due to my husband's affair. If you want to know more about it, e-mail me at dlreed@trispeed.com.<P>Woozy

#856274 03/18/00 09:30 PM
N
N
Keo,<P>Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution is good, also The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. My H lost 90 lbs in the last year with Dr. A. The beauty of it is that he was allowed to snack as long as the snacks had no carbs. Go to the library, check out the book and see if you think you would like it.<P><P>------------------<BR>Cat<P>I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

#856275 03/18/00 09:32 PM
T
T
I'll offer my suggestions, but you're gonna hate me. I'm 5-6" and weigh 125. My mother's side of the family can really pack it on, though. I can gain 5 pounds in a weekend if I don't watch myself. <P>My best advice is to exercise. Everything counts! Walk up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Park on the outside spot at the mall. Weight lifting also helps a great deal. Muscle mass burns alot more calories (raises your metabolism), even when you are just sitting around. Also, never, ever starve yourself. That forces your body to lower the metabolism to conserve energy, and you will burn fewer calories when you finally do eat. Whatever is left over goes you-know-where! <P>Eat a good breakfast too. When I skip breakfast, I find I'm much hungrier the rest of the day.

#856276 03/18/00 09:34 PM
M
M
Keo,<P>I wish you nothing but luck! Well, and happiness but that's a given!<P>Hey, I got an idea! Quit snacking on beef jerky! LOL Get you some nice crunchy veggies to snack on. I know, they don't taste the same but you'll be eating something! And don't even think about making Woozy's grandma's cheesecake! Stay away from that recipe!<P>Take care,<BR>Mitzi

#856277 03/18/00 09:40 PM
W
W
LOL Mitzi,<P>I may have to remove that cheesecake recipe from my webpage!!! Yes Keo, don't do it! I don't even have a clue how much fat and how many calories are in that most sinful dessert!<P>Woozy

#856278 03/18/00 09:40 PM
F
F
I am not a good dieter. I exercise several times a week which is a must. But I can still gain weight by snacking at night after everyone goes to bed. If I am watching my weight I will not watch TV at night. If I play the computer, read a book, or excercise then I will not pig out. It works quite well.

#856279 03/18/00 09:50 PM
M
M
I have a great success story.<P>I am 5'5 and weighed 216:0!!!!!!!<P>I am doing a couple of things.<P>First I am doing the slim for life. BUT i starved so bad at first i am using HERBAL LIFE in conjunction with slim for life. I have lost 40 lbs and 11.5 inches(in the middle alone!) in 3.5 monthes! I am now in water aerobics too. Time to tone! By far I am not Cindy Crawford(nor do i want to be that skinny) i look great!!!!!! I feel great!!!!!!! <P>The herbal life really helps with energy, and keeping your appetite down. Eventually your stomach does shrink so that you do only eat small portions. I feel that since i have been on the herbal life I do not snack or eat hardly any junk at all. I do not feel the need.<P>I drink at least a gallon of water a day. I exercise 3-4 times a week. only eat about 1100 calories a day(tons of salad, which i just love), NO MCDONALDS, only Subway when i eat out! NO FRIED FOODS!!!!!! No junk only diet pop IF i drink any at all. I used to be a pop o holic! <P>Any help there?<P>If you want a number for hervbal life email me at mothernature@ria.net<P>Good Luck!!

#856280 03/18/00 09:56 PM
K
Keosha Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks you all, I knew you would be here for me.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I got this determination when I was shopping today. (yea, another one) <P>I saw the most beautiful little black dress. It was lace with spegetti straps and a little jacket to match. Last year I could have wore it. This year I can't even think about it... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I forced myself to drive past the store without buying a 6 pack of soda pop. (I only bought 3 bottles) I think that's my biggest downfall! 325 calories a bottle! <P>tootrusting<BR>it only took about 6 months for me to pack on all the extra weight. I don't know how it got so out of control so fast! I'm afraid I'll just keep "growing" if I don't get a grip on it <B>right now</B><P>Woozy<BR>I read your web site with your diet success log. It's great! that's part of the reason I want to loose. It's encouraging to see someones success. Makes it seem more real and more possible for me to do it too. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>nobeswax<BR>I'll check at the library monday to see if they have that book. <P>Student<BR>Excerise... ugh... I have some great tapes but only watch them, never participate... WELL, now I'll join right in and do those nasty things they tell me to do... especally Richard Simons... yuk... <P>Ok Mitzi, <BR>I'll quit right after I finish the last 2 packages of beef jerky... don't want to waste them... LOL<P>I'm going to do this<BR>I'm going to do this <BR>I'm going to do this <P>Keo<P><BR>

#856281 03/18/00 09:59 PM
Keosha,<P>My W gave up sugar - COMPLETELY - no food that even has sugar as an ingredient. The pounds melted off her.<P>Good luck

#856282 03/18/00 10:02 PM
M
M
Hiya,Keosha,<BR> I really didn't need to lose weight when my W's affair started,but I lost 35 lbs(the new,improved infidelity diet).I think not eating or sleeping much had something to do with it.After a while I got my act together,started working out,eating better,and put on about 40 lbs,mostly muscle(where's that OM?).Do you have a dog?There's nothing like a dog,whining to go for a walk to get you moving.Perhaps you can do something that'll keep you motivated,like tennis lessons,or racketball.You have to be careful what you eat,and when you eat.I find the worse time is when watching TV.It's real easy to put away a whole box of Snackwell cookies in one sitting(or one movie).They might be low in fat,but will set you back several hundred calories.Try to drink lots of water.It'll help fill you up,and is good for losing excess weight.Don't think"diet",but"lifestyle change".It'll take time,but you'll feel better for it.Good luck!<BR> --Murph

#856283 03/18/00 10:14 PM
M
M
Keo,<P>THROW THE BEEF JERKY AWAY!!!! or at least try to take it back to the store. LOL<P>I know you can do this! Since you like to shop, go window shopping. All that walking around is bound to burn some calories! <P>BTW, dump the soda!!!! If you have to drink soda, drink diet soda! And lots of water!!! (I'm one to talk about water. The only water this body gets is that glassful when I take my St. John's Wort!) LOL LOL<P>Go Keo!!<P>Mitzi

#856284 03/18/00 10:15 PM
M
M
New improved infidelity diet??? LOL i hate to laugh but the humor on some of these posts is really too much!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#856285 03/18/00 10:16 PM
N
N
I lost a lot of weight in two years... went from a size 28 to a 14-16, and I still have about 35 pounds to go. I'm 5'7" and at my top weight hit about 271. I won't say exactly where I am now, but I've lost *about* 100 pounds... here's how I did it...<P>I ate a huge lunch only on weekdays, anything I wanted on weekends, but not after 6 PM, and drank TONS of water... I didn't exercise. I think the infidelity diet kicked in at some point, because I haven't gained it back even though I've been eating normally for about five months and still haven't gained... but I stopped losing and need to get on the ball and lose the rest of this... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>My way IS NOT healthy, but it works... although I did end up in the hospital with colon problems... heck, I don't know... maybe I'm just talking through my rear end... don't listen to me... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES TO GET THE WEIGHT OFF... IT'S TOUGH [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#856286 03/18/00 10:36 PM
K
Keosha Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Plan #1<P>Limit computer time to no more than 12 hours per day... LOL<P>1/2 hour excerise w/ video on M - W - F<P>drink some water - try to get used to the stuff! (can I add flavoring?)<P>Walk 1/2 hour on Tues & Thurs<P>eat some carrots instead of beef jerky.<P>Move into this new life style gradually. <P>Don't get burnt out on the idea.<P>If this don't work, then wire jaws closed.. LOL<P>Keo<P>

#856287 03/18/00 10:41 PM
M
M
Keo,<P>You know what we said about those exercise videos...hard to watch, even harder to do!! LOL<P>Hey don't cut out the computer time. Just cut out the "snacking in front of the computer" time!!! LOL<P>Start out doing something simple with the exercise. Walking is great to start with. it's also natural. And you don't have to bend up in a pretzel shape to walk! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi

#856288 03/18/00 11:01 PM
T
T
I am short, 5'1" and every lb shows! Until I had my first child I always weighed between 90-100 lbs. Over the last 9 years I managed to gain about 50 lbs. <P>The infidelity diet worked great for me too! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] But I wouldn't recommend it. Soda was always my big downfall and that was the one of the hardest habits to break. I started drinking more water and diet sodas when I had a craving for the regular sodas. Also, if I stay busy I don't think about food nearly as often. <P>It becomes quite easy to do things healthy after a little time of working at it. It helps to set goals too. Say to yourself "I'm going to lose 10 lbs." When you reach that goal treat yourself to something special. I now look forward to those special things I buy myself. <P>I have gone from a size 13 to a size 5/6 in 6 months. I have about 10 more lbs to go and then I'm going to treat myself to something really big!! My H has even made comments about all the weight I have lost [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Good Luck and hang in there.

#856289 03/19/00 10:48 AM
C
C
Two words:<BR>Tae Bo! <BR>LOL seriously this tape kicks butt and you will lose the inches!<P>Check the library or rental store, they usually have them. it takes at Least two weeks to get the hang of it but it gets much easier.<P>Good job on the soda...what do you drink?<BR>Pepsi One is good, or anything diet if you must have it. 21 days for a new habit to take affect.<P>Add lemon to the water or flavored water, Water is water, DRINK it!! Try it ice cold with a straw.<P>Another good book is Oprahs Making the connection...stresses healthy eating and one step at a time.<P>I don't go for fad diets (carbo, sugar, etc) All things in moderation...(LOL DUH, and I had an affair [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Anyways....The Keo Plan:<P><BR>1.Get a calander .<P>2. Get a flexible measuring tape:<P>3. Get a set of hand weights.<P>4. Go to the library/video store and check out those tapes<P>5. GET up NOW and get a garbage bag and throw away ALL the crap out of your house...all jerky, junk food etc. <P>6. Go shopping for Healthy Low Fat foods..quick and easy to grab ones.<P>K now on the calander..everyday you write something GOOD you did for you for example:<BR>drank a glass of water... whoooeee a step in the right direction , that way if you get discouraged you can say.."look at all the positive things I have done this week"<P>Take your measurements, if you start exercising you won't notice a pound loss but the inches will come off.<P>Start with weights, the add muscle which ups your metabolism.<P>Keep a food journal<P>One downfall does not mean to go hog wild...just start over. <P>You can do it Keo..I think you should go get that dress and hang it right in your kitchen [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] so you can see it everyday. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Good Luck Keo!! You can do it!<P>------------------<BR>Cat<P>catfrommb@yahoo.com

#856290 03/19/00 11:44 AM
S
S
Yeah, you can add flavoring to your water. Squeeze a lemon in it. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>I sometimes even add a packet of Equal (NOT sugar) and make lemonade...don't know if this is acceptable or not. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,065 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation