Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#859483 03/29/00 05:31 PM
S
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
S
Hello all!<P>Just wanted to do a quick poll.<P>Would you like to have a "Venting Room" forum?<P>I'll check back later.<P>Steve

#859484 03/29/00 05:39 PM
A
A
Hi Steve,<P>Nice to see you on here. I guess I thought that this was the venting room...LOL. Venting at this Site sure does help me get some things off my chest. I do thing a Venting Room Forum is a good idea.<BR>...Allison

#859485 03/29/00 05:50 PM
M
M
very good idea. I guess i thought here was the place to vent. it is safer for all if i do it here! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#859486 03/29/00 05:58 PM
T
T
Yes, a "separated" room might be nice too.<P>Since my H just filed for divorce, a room for those of us who were unsuccessful in "fixing" our marriages by ourselves might be nice...otherwise where do we go???<P>

#859487 03/29/00 06:05 PM
L
L
Hah. I'd like to see the icons for a venting room!<P>I guess I have a bit of a reservation about this idea. When we vent on a regular forum with (vent) in the title or first line, at least some of the people who reply tend to calm down the poster. If it was all vent, all the time...the peacemakers might not show up, and I think it could get ugly and slop over on poster's efforts to Marriage Build.<P>Just as an example, when I used to vent on threads of the OW/OP--mine or somebody else's, I would just get angrier and angrier and often go LB on my H, even if that issue wasn't "hot" between us at the time. I found avoiding those threads, avoided LBs.<P>On the other hand...there is a lot of anger to be dealt with.<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Let love be genuine...hold fast to what is good; love one another." Rom 12:9-10

#859488 03/29/00 06:06 PM
B
BL Offline
B
A venting room could be nice but I believe that it could turn into just bashing the opp. sex. It is nice to vent yes it is but I choice this site because of the caring things said <BR>A trial period would be OK but if It got to mean an hateful.... not sure that is helpful is it. and labeling it that could encourage hateful thoughs. I would just use the faces up above like the last 2 on bottom right<P>Have a good day Steve

#859489 03/29/00 06:08 PM
P
P
Superb idea!<P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net

#859490 03/29/00 06:35 PM
W
W
Venting room? Only if I can cuss [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] seriously that is a good idea<P>How 'bout a divorce support room...<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

#859491 03/29/00 07:30 PM
K
K
I think it is better to post a vent here (with the warning that that's what it is).<BR>A room that's All vent all the time could easily turn very negative and "pump up" the venting person's anger, instead of cooling off. I, perosnally, would avoid the area, unless I also was venting...so I'm thinking we'd have a lot of angry people replying as well as posting...<BR>

#859492 03/29/00 07:38 PM
T
T
We all need to vent. But I agree with Lor's response. When I see Vent in the title I try to repond with some "calming" words. In a vent room we may all be in VERY BAD MOODS!! all the time!!!!!!! <P>But then again, maybe it would help us. It might just force our "giver" out!!!!!

#859493 03/29/00 09:02 PM
L
L
Hi Steve, plenty of time on my hands tonight as you know so I'll bite at this one.......<P>There isn't much incentive for those not in a venting mood to visit the venting room. <P>While this may seem good on the surface, those not in a negative/venting mood often have the best frame of mind to offer a calming word or a different perspective on the cause/effects/realities of the vent.<P>If one has a vent about an emotional needs issue, isn't it better addressed onto that forum? Ditto infidelity, recovery, etc. Most of the questions or thoughts posted arise from a vent of sorts anyway (sometimes internal, though may not always be vocalized as such).<P>My $.02<P>Cheers,<BR>Lisa

#859494 03/29/00 09:02 PM
I
I
I agree with teddy bear and WilliamJ. A venting room would be great. Also, those of us not fortunate enough to get through all this with our spouse could use a place to talk and maybe eventually get back to our spouse or sadly find a way to carry on without our love. I know your books and theories are for marriage BUILDING, but we make a lot of great friends here and it would be nice to continue to talk to them despite our misfortune.<P>Also, thanks for this website. It has helped me tremendously and although it looks as though my husband will not be coming back for a second try, I am in a better place because of MB. Thank you.

#859495 03/29/00 09:17 PM
M
M
Hi All,<P>I do no believe that it would be a good idea to have a separate "venting" room. <P>My reasons are as follows, it might possibly encourage the negative thought patterns and behavior that the betrayed/er feel through continued posts supporting such actions against another. We, the betrayed/er, are all in a fanstasyland, this can't be happening to me/us. Tell me who out there would not like to flatten all four tires of the OP? Try to get them in to trouble at work or the law? Perhaps set them on fire and kill them? It's not funny with the suicidal/homicidal ideations that many of us face whether we admit it or not. We do think of it.<P>Venting is needed or you will end up in the Behavioral Health Unit at a local hospital, but, if you associate with others that condon the behavior, [see above], you loose perpective and may carry out such deeds. Don't tell me it does'nt happen. I see these psych patients everyday. The split seems to be substance abuse versus relationship problems. That's documented. I see, treat, and transport these folks all the time.<P>We don't need another split here. JMHO<P>The Zipman

#859496 03/29/00 09:32 PM
V
V
One of the great strenghts of this discussion forum is the ability to let people know how you are really feeling, and for others to see by your subject and # of respones if they should stop and address your post, as a way of helping during a crisis moment. If everyone is in a crisis moment, I worry who would respond quickly, and help calm reasoning to be considered.<P>Victoria

#859497 03/29/00 09:35 PM
S
S
That has my vote.<P>I often feel like just venting. Sometimes I'd appreciate input, other times I feel slightly guilty for taking up space with my rants.<P>On another note, how long does it take to make the step up from Junior to regular Member?

#859498 03/29/00 09:41 PM
S
S
Hi - <BR>I'm new to this site - but I have been sort of venting in the Just Found out room and in the General Questions room. I find them both to be very useful to me emotionally. Being on this site helps prevent me from hating myself. Just knowing that what i am feeling and going thru is something other people have gone thru and survived as a better person helps. <P>Thank you for creating this.

#859499 03/30/00 08:22 AM
L
L
I've used this forum for venting as much as almost anyone, but I have to agree with some of those who have reservations.<P>MOST of the time I just needed to get something off my chest. But I also needed the calming influence of my friends, and someone to point out that there may be another way to look at the situation. <P>Hopping around takes a little extra time and I'm afraid those of us who are calm wouldn't visit the room so much. When we're in a "venting mood", we really don't need only those others in that mood to feed our frustrations and I'm really afraid that would happen a lot.<P>So, I guess I would vote NO.<P>Lori

#859500 03/30/00 08:26 AM
L
Lu Offline
L
Hi Steve,<P> I agree with others who think we should NOT have a separate vent forum.....I tend to get riled up easily and that would do it for me!!!..... Thanks for the forum, .....LU

#859501 03/30/00 08:43 AM
S
S
I think it is a fine idea. I would actually like to see some sort of live chat happening here.

#859502 03/30/00 08:47 AM
L
L
Sorry to double vote [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Reminds me of a favourite expression:<BR>"When you share misery, you have half the pain, when you share positive thoughts, you double the joy"<P>Cheers,<BR>Lisa

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation