Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#860341 04/05/00 10:51 PM
S
SDS Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Couldn't decide what icon to use as this is both good and bad. The bad first. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Things are not going well with either Dad. My FIL is still in the hospital. The heart is doing well but his mind isn't. The doctors don't know what is going on. He has good days and bad ones. He want to go home and he will get out of bed a night. They have a sitter with him. What I don't understand is that they aren't wlking him like he should be so he is getting weaker not stronger. I think that have decided that he is a basket case so they treat him like one. They tie him in his chair and bed so he won't get up. I am upset and so is my sil but Mil doesn't want us to rock the boat. She is afraid that they would throw him out of the hospital. She is 76 and I think her mind is goin too. Too much stress!!!<P>My dad is not doing well at all he has the beginning stage of multiple myloema(I am not sure of the spelling) It is cancer of the bone marrow. It east the bones make it brittle very painful and also cause failure of the heart and the kidney. On top of this he was just diagnoised with congestive heart failure. No surgery just mediciation. His heart is too tired and anything he does wears him out and is not good for him. He is on medication for this. Hopefully it will help.<P>Now for the good [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I need some!! After not hearing from H since a week ago last Mon. He finally called tonight. He did call his dad last Fri. and told his mother to tell me that he was sorry he couldn't call me but it had taken too long getting through to his dad at the hospital. <P>Anyway he had to hunt me down tonight. BUt he has taken the house off the market (I didn't even ask he volunteered the info) He said he told the agent that we had decided that we didn't want to sell it since we were getting back together. No problem.<P>He hasn't done anything about the car (I don't blame him we know he can't do it and he doesn't have the money) I told him about bil offer he liked it. <P>I told him I would be in town Sat. to have my hair cut and was bring his sister and our son with me. He is going to call me and we will make arrangement to see him.<P>I asked about him coming back with us but he said he didn't have the money to hire someone to deliver his paper route (You can bet she wouldn't even tho they split the money) I told him that he need to come home to work on the car his bil offered so he may the next Sun. He said as soon as he got it fixed he would tell OW he was moving out. He said he didn't know what she would say. I said I wouldn't say anything. (I thought it "Who in the H*!! cares what she says)Boy did I want to say that but I didn't!!!<P>He told me he loved me first. I told him I missed him and he said he missed me too and he thought a lot about me this past week.<P><BR>I didn't know if I would talk to him so I had written him a letter and mailed it this morning. I told him about go there this weekend. BUt I told him (since she will read it) that if he wanted to meet with his sister to discuss their dad to call me on the cell. Writing that letter was hard because I had to be careful what I said.<P><BR>I guess we are a little closer to getting him out of her house. I jus hope it works. He will be alone for a while. I think he needs his space. However watch out for the weekends!!!! If he invites me that is. <P>I was very careful not to push but him take the lead in what was said. And I didn't say anything about his not calling. I really needed him the night I found out about my dad. I was so depressed. I cried most of the evening. <P>i am doing better. And maybe we will have abetter chance to talk Sat. <P>Thanks to all of you for your support and prayers.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

M
M
SDS,<P>First I want to say I'm sending prayers for both dads your way.<P>Next I want to tell you about my grandmother. She is 89 yrs old. in 1989 she was diagnosed with congestive heartfailure. Plus half of her heart had almost stopped working. She had a pacemaker put in. <P>1 Year ago, she had congestive heartfailure again. She was given lasix (sp?) and was in the hospital for 6 weeks. The doctor said that her mitral valve in her heart was almost completely blocked. We were told she would die anytime. On March 15th, 1999, her left leg was amputated just above the knee. During the 6 weeks she was in the hospital, the doc's called all of the family in 3 times because they were sure she was dying. She also saw angels in her room. And guess what? Today she is fine. She is in a nursing home but is doing great! She had to really sruggle because of all the time she was in the hospital and the failure of a lot of her organs caused her muscles to atrophy. But she has regained alot of her strength. <P>And between 1989 and 1999, she also had 3 strokes and broke a hip, had cataract surgery on both eyes and carpal tunnel surgery on one wrist.<P>The moral of this story is DON'T GIVE UP! My grandmother is a miracle. and your father and FIL could posibl be 2 more. It's amazing the amount of strength older people actually have.<P>Big (((((HUGS))))) to you and your family!<P>Mitzi

L
L
Hi, di.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{di}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>Still praying for your dad and FIL. I do hope that you will get some better news concerning them very soon.<P>I like your good news, though. Things seem to be going very well. Keep taking it slowly and you'll work it all out.<P>Hang in there, Hon. Be strong.<P>Lori

S
S
Hi Diana,<P>Just getting to your post. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and FIL. I'll include both in my prayers tonight.<P>That's really terrific about Jim!! Sounds like the fantasy has finally imploded. It won't be long before OW begins to figure out that he's on his way out. I bet she begins to get ugly. All the pieces seem to be falling into place. Just stay the course. You're doing a wonderful job!!!

S
S
Hi SDS -<P>I am also sorry to hear about your father and FIL....special Healing Prayers going up.<P>Keep the Faith..look at Mitzi's Grandmother....wow, that is one strong and determined lady!!!!<P>As to you and H, things sound like they are taking shape and moving along on the right course....that's great!!! Slow and steady....<P>Thanks for the update, Di.....we all think about you and make sure to give us another when you have more news, hopefully after the weekend!!!!<P>HUGS,<P>Sheba

S
SDS Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks everyone. I do appreciate your prayers boy do we need them around here. Do have one good update on FIL they put him in a rehab center. He has physical therapy most of the day. He looks better but still has alon way to go. He will be there for ten days so we will see.<BR>Thanks again.<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

M
M
Hey Di,<P>Sorry to hear of the parents condition. When my Mom was in the hospital her mental status changed for the worst. I was thinking stroke. Nope, just the environment and invasive procedures.<P>Sounds like you are still making baby steps toward reconsiliation. That's great.<P>Wishing you and yours the Best.<P>Tim

I
I
{{{{{{{SDS}}}}}}}}<P>Prayers go out to both of your fathers. <P>I hope that things with your H will continue on the path they are currently on.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation