Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
Hi there friends!<P>I have been lurking a lot lately and haven't had much time to post. I'm coaching H.S. baseball right now and when I come home I bust my butt to get the house cleaned up so W can take it easy. After that I'm usually out cold.<P>Anyway, rain out today, so I'm home early with some time to myself! Hurray!!<P>Things for me have been really good lately. Although I still have that feeling of doubt every once in a while.<P>My W has been very good lately (at least compared to the last couple of months). She has been smiling more and initiating more hugs. We have not had a whole lot of deep discussions lately but when we do have them, they are very positive (no LB's!!!). <P>The last discussion we had, she told me that a lot has not changed as far as her feelings go. She is still very confused and doesn't know where things are going. She did tell me that she told OM that she "needed some space from him" to try to sort out her feelings (although a "no contact" was not put in place, the door there is still WIDE open). She told me that now matter what happens, she felt she needed to give her best effort to try to work "things" out. This actually confused me quite a bit. She never said she was going to work on our marriage, just "things." I think she is referring to her feelings towards me as she still tells me that she is not sure if she "loves" me. The funny part is that she sounds like she has been reading my SAA book by Harley! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I don't know, I don't hide it, so maybe she has read some of it.<P>I still have my down days. Kinda like I'm waiting for something bad to happen again. I guess I'm protecting myself by not getting really excited over what's going on. I still get the urge to check the phone records or check out her favorite hiding places. But I'm really getting to the point that it is not worth the stress and energy to do all the things I was doing before to uncover her EA.<P>Anyway, any words of encouragement would help as today is probably a down day. Please feel free to e-mail me too: dbrown44@excite.com<P>Doug<BR><P>------------------<BR>Don't give up...don't ever give up!" --Jimmy Valvano

N
NSR Offline
N
Doug,<P>Get the book <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0393307077" TARGET=_blank><B>Private Lies :</B> Infidelity and Betrayal of Intimacy</A> by Frank Pittman... and leave it out for her to find/read (if she is reading SAA... great)... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

K
K
Sounds like progress. Would she work on the Harley stuff with you?

K
OP Offline
K
Jim--<P>What's in this book that is different from Harley's?<P>I'm going to the book store tonight to see if I can find it.<P><BR>Kam--<P>We have definitely NOT got to the point of working on the marriage yet. I think she would work on the EN needs things, etc., if she was committed to the marriage. Right now that is the hard part...there has been no "official" commitment! She still tells me that she doesn't know what she wants.<P>Please don't get me wrong, our marriage was not perfect, but I think she is beginning to look at herself and see that what went wrong was not due to the marriage. I think she is having a hard time finding anything there...trust me, I have asked!!! She has a lot of past problems with her parents (she was seriously anorexic about 10 years ago). Anorexia is not about food, it is about control. She has told me before that the "issues" there were never resolved. I am beginning to think that some of these "issues" are starting to resurface. I don't think what she has told me about this is the whole story. <P>We have talked about what she needs and she even tells me that she doesn't know! <P>Anyway, maybe I am trying to justify things right now. I don't know. But I have looked long and hard and I can't seem to find the "answers" and the real problem is that my W doesn't know what the problems are either!<P>Doug<BR>

K
K
Don't get discouraged...it still sounds like progress, albeit slow.<P>Yeah, I know about the can't work on it til they can commit at least partway...hopefully she'll get there as she sorts things thru a bit. <P>Hope you guys have a good weekend and that things slowly creep forward!!!<P>Kathi

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg, dr. lan smith, Dexterman2024, jonesbarry055
71,869 Registered Users
Latest Posts
On the same page...in a bad way
by BrainHurts - 09/20/24 04:27 PM
Welcome New Members!
by ClarencePeterson - 09/20/24 01:05 AM
Deep hurt
by Iceprincess - 09/18/24 12:07 PM
Before reentry into dating
by Dr. Harley - 09/13/24 04:18 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by BrainHurts - 09/03/24 02:02 PM
Wife bought THC gummies and lied to hide it
by BrainHurts - 09/02/24 09:16 PM
Child activities
by thirdtimesacharm - 08/23/24 04:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,606
Posts2,323,412
Members71,869
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation