Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#877469 07/24/00 05:03 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Well I am into recovery (2 months or so) and things are going not too bad. We have tons to work on but we are working on it.<P>You know what hurts a bit is the whole birthday thing. She had problems finding me something for my birthday. I don't know how much she looked or put towards searching for one. In the end we were in a pottery shop and I asked for 2 mugs (One for fathers day and the other for my birthday). She did get me a considerate card but it still hurt a bit.<P>Something that gets better or do people just have problems finding them?<P>hehe I remember last Christmas I had a quilt I had made for her. Quite the looks I got from her and all the family. I put tons into it. Like a marriage I suppose should be.<P>Course I moved out NewYears eve... ack no use dwelling on that!!<P>ANyway just letting it out.

#877470 07/26/00 12:05 AM
D
D
Simpy J,<P>Your post caught my eye. I have always had a hard time finding something for my husband - be it birthday or Christmas. <P>Not sure what it is. He loves anything to do with music. I can not tell you how many guitar stands I've purchased, but they were easy to wrap - just add a bow. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>I think it is hard because either what he likes is too expensive for whatever bugdet we have set up, or I would have no idea what to pick - like an effect's pedal for the guitar - not sure what does what.<P>My husband has always been better at finding me something than I have been for him. Of course I am pretty easy to figure out - like the usual 'girl' things. If it smells good I like it. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I guess I want to encourage you to not feel too bad about it if she struggles. Could be she has no idea where to start. We try to give ideas all year round - it helps - as long as you can remember them when you need to that is. <P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>-Dawnn

#877471 07/26/00 12:36 AM
F
F
I think that often it is difficult for us women to find gifts for men! I rack my brain every Christmas, birthday etc. H's hobby is fishing but he already has everything under the sun and if he wants a new thing he goes out and buys it. I carefully listen for any clues as to something he might want but it's really hard. He alwasy buys me great gifts but I happen to have about 10 different things I collect so it makes it pretty easy. Don't take it too personally, sometimes men can be hard to buy for. More of you should collect dust gatehring knick knacks LOL!

#877472 07/25/00 01:42 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the responses,<BR>I see what you mean, in the past I did usually just buy it when I needed stuff. This year I was dropping hints left and right I thought. I guess the important thing is she got me a nice card - and she meant it.<P>Next year I will try to drop hints earlier [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>J

#877473 07/25/00 02:48 PM
D
D
Yep J start earlier...I was thinking. Might be good to leave a little note book around the house on a bookshelf say, then when you think of something that would make a good present for youself, you could write it down. <P>If both partners did that the other could refer to it at anytime, and for the most part the gift could still be a 'surprise.' <P>Think I'm going to try this one.<P>QUICK! Somebody call Martha Stewart, she needs to do an episode on this! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>take care,<BR>-Dawnn

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation