Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#878014 07/24/00 07:01 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I'm not sure what made me come here tonight. I guess to see how many folks that I became dependant on where still here. Always kept link in favorites (doesn't work now - I'll have to update it).<P>I ran across Bozos Deb's email exchange. I saw many familiar names from over a year ago. Lone Star and Chris (CA 123) are probably the oldest I recall.<P>My purpose?<BR>Well, it does get better. It gets painfully and depressingly hard, but it does get better. Whether you stay together or you separate - it does get better.<P>You will hit many cross roads during this horrible time in your life - but it does get better.<P>To all those folks who helped me throught what felt like the end of my life...I can never thank you enough!<P>Your friend always,<BR>tornapart

N
N
I am glad it got better for you. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. <P><p>[This message has been edited by Nellie1 (edited July 24, 2000).]

C
C
Tornapart,<BR>HI!!!!!! Yes, I remember you! Yes, it got better for me as well, Thank You, I remember hearing from you when I needed advice as well. <BR>Of course, things always get better with time, weather you work them out or not, they get easier to deal with, kind of like a dulling of the pain, till you can handle things on your own. I know that even though I am in recovery, life got easier through time, no matter how hurt I was. Hope all is well with you! God Bless!<P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!

T
OP Offline
T
It's very hard to think that it will get better. I look back now and recall nights filled with pain, tears and cigarettes. Days that were horrible to bear and evenings that were even worse. Don't get me wrong - I don't live in a rose garden, but I can say that I have learned and enormous amount about myself and my beloved and about life. It stills rears it's ugly head at time, but I can say with confidence that your life will get better one day at a time!<P>Chicks, nice to see you. How are you? Let em know how it is going.<P>Nellie, I all too well understand your pain. Small steps. Just try to reminder yourself that tomorrow is a brand new day, with brand new chances.<P>To anyone else out there who 's been here too long, please let me know how you are. Sometimes we need to revisit our past to do better in the future.<P>------------------<BR>What does not kill you, will only make you stronger!

N
N
Tornapart,<P>It some ways, I guess I am glad that I did not know from the beginning that 17 months later it would not be better, that it would in fact be a thousand times worse. At least 17 months ago my H was still acting like a father to the kids. Seventeen months ago I would never have believed that my H could continue to be consumed with anger, to blame me for everything, perhaps forever.

W
W
Tornapart!<BR>Nice to see you. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Just wanted to say Hi. And glad you sound so good!!!!!

C
C
ta, Still here, still the same. Good to hear things are better!<BR><P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

K
K Offline
K
tornapart:<P>Nice to see you checking in on us... <BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

T
T
tornapart - thanks for saying hi! <P>I agree. It gets better.<P>If I measure from the awful pain that was present from the time of betrayal to now, yes, it gets better. If I measure from the joy we had once in our marriage to now, I can't measure "better", but I can measure "more understanding".<P>Check in more often!<BR>TNT

Y
Y
Tornapart:<P>Nice to see you again! I've been gone for a while too, but came back a few days ago just like you to see who else is still hanging around. Kinda goes in spurts, I guess.<P>Glad to hear that things have gotten better for you. That's why we come here, ya know! Keep in touch!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

T
OP Offline
T
I am beside myself right now. When I saw all those familiar names it made me happy that these friends I have made are still there if I need them and sad that you are all still here as well.<P>Better? Yes, Better than it was when the truth first came out. Worse? It was worse for quite some time after all the truth was known. It still gets bad sometimes - I won't try to kid anyone.<P>It's was a year in April. As far as OH is concerned we have only been together for a year rather than the 3 since we began this relationship. We've made strides. I have come to accept that it will takes years for this to be pushed into the recesses of his brain. I've also accepted that there will be times when my infidelity will rear it's ugly head. I've learned to try and understand what he is expressing to me.<P>To everyone who has replied. THANKS!<P>I understand a lot more now about myself that anything else. I can't say that I have forgiven myself, but I try.<P>If anyone would like to drop me an email I am still at <BR>elanorrigby@yahoo.com<P>And to the woman who I spent was too many nights with (wink) Wasstubborn, I hope that you have found peace.<P>May God give all of you the strength to be strong and face each new day as a new challenge. Although some of the new folks may not understand this the way it's meant - I think some of the veterans will...<P>There comes a time when you must stand up for yourself. I admitted I was wrong, but that does not give him the right to beat me up with it. I have also learned that the clarity of a mistakes occurs a lot faster that the healing of a broken heart. That could take a life time.<P>Take care everyone and God Bless!<P> <P>------------------<BR>What does not kill you, will only make you stronger!

W
W
Dear girl<BR>You do sound so much better. I'm so glad.<BR>You can drop me a line too ya know. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Peace?<BR>Hmmmmm.....we have been bimbo - free for a year last weekend. (I hope)<BR>There is still a lot of crap to be resolved. Some days I feel like my H carried on with the bimbo longer than most people here have been alive.<P>I'm still tryin'!!!<BR>Take care!<P>Wassi

T
OP Offline
T
For anyone else who might read this I can offer one thing...<P>It made me stronger.<P>I am more responsible and more understanding. I can see and feel just like everyone else. Life is not perfect, but something are just unacceptable.<P>There are days that I am surprised how far I have come as well as how far we have come.<P>It's nice to think that the issues we discuss now are about houses (we are moving - hopefully binder will be signed this week!) and about jobs (we are both changing). The man has a heart of gold and I am glad he's still mine!<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 465 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation