Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I haven't heard from you in a while and was wondering how you are doing.<P>Give us an update or drop me a line in email<P>truthseeker_mb@hotmail.com

C
C
Hey TS!!<BR>Gotta love that search topic huh?<P>Well...guess it's about time for an update on Sparkydog and I...<P>When you posted this we were in the process of moving. We are now 5 hours away from where we used to live and still together.<P>There have been many rough times and ups and downs but we are doing well, day by day.<P>There are still many triggers and times when we hurt each others feelings. But there is also much more understanding, communicating, laughter and togetherness.<P>I never thought 6 months ago that I would be where we are now.<P>How are you doing?<BR>And everyone else that I have failed to keep up on.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>thanks for asking about me...I have pretty much sucked on emails!<P>love, Cat aka Sarah

K
K
Hi there!!!<P>I am so glad to see this...always wondered how you & Sparky were doing. Glad to hear that thinsg are going well!!!<P>Hang in there--<P>Kathi

T
OP Offline
T
Hey Cat!<P>Good to finally hear from you! I had a feeling that you and Sparky could make it. It just sounded like there was still a lot of love there.<P>I'm not much further along than I was. There is less tension at home and H and I have been taking ballroom dance lessons together. But I still feel less than amorous towards him and I feel like I'm slipping into accepting the status quo more for the sake of giving in to inertia than because it's really where i want to be. This has me frustrated. I have the feeling that I won't be happy either way. If I stay, I feel like I'll be letting myself down. If I leave I let everyone down (including myself). So I'm down to the lesser of two evils and I'm not thrilled with my options. I haven't seen the OM since March, but I still think of him from time-to-time. <P>I think I still have a lot of work to do on myself, figuring out who I am and who I want to be and how my marriage fits with that. I'm hoping to be able to take a short sabbatical at a spiritual retreat to try to sort it all out without the distractions of day-to-day life. I'm doing better than I was but I'm not there yet.<P>I haven't been posting much lately because I've been busy making up for lost time at work. I'm glad I logged in today, though, so I could see your message.<P>Keep in touch.<BR>

J
J
Caterpillar,<P>What a pleasant surprise. Not that you two are still working on the marriage but that you have come back to post a little.<P>I read your up date. It is far too sparse. What made you two decide to move and keep going? I have to know.<P>Meanwhile, I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Much better New Year.<P>God Bless,<P>JL

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 281 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation