Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Hi Purplemag,<P>I haven't been on-line for awhile. I'm still away on vacation. I thought about you and hope you are doing well. Respond if you are out there....

P
P
Hi NoTrust!<P>Start usin' your other name!!! Silly.<P>I'm Here!!!! I just got my new laptop so I've been transferring over all my files, and work has been keeping me VERY busy. I haven't had time for lunch! Uck!<P>Things are going great. I think I told you about us renewing our vows...well, it's set now! I even went out and bought a dress! I'm so excited! H is too. We're like two giddy teenagers. My dress is actually a clearance prom dress leftover! But, I love it, and it's not "too much" since we're just renewing.<P>We picked out the place, they also do renewing of vows, so we're going for the whole nine yards, a little cake, a photo album, and we get champagne and the glasses - however, they already know that it should be the non-alcoholic champagne!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Also bought H a suit last night - he's going to look so spiffy! I can't wait.<P>Hopefully, we'll get through the vacation with all his family, IN THE SAME HOUSE, for a WHOLE WEEK in August. I think if we can make it through that, we'll make it through anything!<P>Well- there's my story in a nutshell! I was beginning to wonder if you got lost in the Nevada desert or something! How's vacation going? How's the H? Any more news as to the incidents before he got there? Hope all is well with you. I was going to put out an APB for you by the end of the week, if I didn't see anything! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Well, catch me up when you can. Enjoy your vacation!!!! Be happy! Smile so much it hurts!<P>--purplemag<p>[This message has been edited by purplemag (edited August 01, 2000).]

N
OP Offline
N
Hi Purplemag!<P>I wish that I could use my other username. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me, remember that password for "Survivor!" I've used that "NoTrust" username for so long that the password for that name is second nature. When I get home, I will have access to my WebTV and can also access my password for the "Survivor" username.<P>I'm so excited for your vow renewals! What fun! What a great way to add to the new start!<P>I wish that we were doing that but my H didn't seem interested. That bummed me out. We discussed it and he claims that he is interested, but I think differently.<P>He was considering our 10 year anniversary, but for me...I wanted it this year. I really don't want to wait an additional 2-1/2 years to do it. Oh well....can't do anything about it now. I told him that if he wants it, then he could prove to me that he wants it by planning it himself. Somehow, I don't think that day will ever come.<P>Nothing else was said about the occurrences before he arrived here. He doesn't think that he did anything wrong. In fact, he was so happy-go-lucky, and acted surprised that I was even upset with him. So weird....so I dropped it!<P>The kids & I extended our vacation. My H left on Monday because he has to go back to work. We only see my family once a year so we jointly decided that the kids & I will stay a few weeks more. Here's where the test in "TRUST" comes in. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to try my best NOT to psych myself out in this and to NOT jump to any conclusions. I'm going to try my darndest to enjoy the remainder of my vacation with family & friends (whom I hardly ever see).<P>What day are you leaving for your trip? Keep me updated. I'll be checking in almost everyday now....

P
P
Hi NoTrust!<P>I'm glad that's the only reason you aren't using your new name. I was worried that you might not think you're worthy of it or something! Phew! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Last year before all this mess started I asked my H to renew our vows and he said the same thing - wait til 10 years. I'm so glad I didn't push it then. It would have made everything feel like a sham (more than it did)! Neither one of us, obviously, were ready for it. I don't think it was coincidence that something was holding us back from doing it.<P>Sorry I didn't get to respond yesterday, I've been so busy with work - working 12-14 hours a day (and I work from home!). It's crazy.<P>We're leaving for vaca on the 19th. We're also going away this weekend for a little getaway with friends. Should be nice. Probably up near where you live (too bad you're not home!) We'll still be in Pennsy, but only 1/2 hour from the NY border.<P>Sounds like you're back to your old self! I'm glad to "read" it! I hope he learned from the experience before the vacation that he'll ease your mind once he's home again. I hope so! That's great that you can extend your vacation. Not many people get to do that! <P>Oh well, I gotta get back to work. Have a great day, and I'll try to check back in later. Having a hard time of it lately! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>--purplemag<p>[This message has been edited by purplemag (edited August 03, 2000).]

P
P
wrong button...sorry! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<p>[This message has been edited by purplemag (edited August 03, 2000).]

N
OP Offline
N
Hi Purplemag!<P>How fun that you will go away for the weekend. How far do you live from the NY border anyway? I live approx. 1-1/2 hours from NY City.<P>I have to cut this short because I will be taking the kids to the park. The weather is beautiful out here and a nice day for a walk.<P>Try not to work too extremely hard. Don't want you to get burnt out before your weekend get-away begins! Save energy for your H....LOL!<P>Here's my e-mail address if you ever want to personally write me, in addition to the forum:<P>greyriders_wife@yahoo.com<P>* I check my e-mail more frequently than I do, the forum.<P>Have a great day!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation