Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
SS4N,<P>I read that you blew the knee out. How is it? Do you have to have it scoped? Hope not. How are you doing otherwise? Haven't heard from you for a few days and was wondering if LIL is making any progress.<P>Keep us informed.<P>Take Care,<P>JL

S
S
Hey JL,<P>My knee feels a little better today. I have iced it a lot the past few days. I got an elastic brace the other day once I was able to get to the drug store. Couldn't get appointment for orthopedist yesterday, will be calling in a couple hours. Luckily I am off work until Friday night. With it braced and wrapped, I can hobble enough to work. Fortunately, I have a technical/supervisory type job in a control room setting where I can sit for my 12.5 hour shift if need be.<P>I have bunged my knee up before, I am pretty sure this one is going to require scoping. Something is definately wrong in there. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>As for L_I_L, I don't really know....haven't really talked with her for a few weeks. Are only contact for 3 weeks was church, and I couldn't get there this week. We are pretty much in Plan B. All I know is she is still in daily contact with OM. OM doesn't know she has asked me several times to not file for divorce. She gets pissed when I talk about contacting him. "If YOU can't have me, no one can?!!" etc. Oh well. I really don't want to get into it too much, you know she reads and posts here sometimes too. I am into trying to protect Joel mode now. Not even sure what I am going to do anymore. Luckily, If I do need surgery, my best friend is on the same shift schedule I am on. I think it hurt me the most knowing she wsan't here for me when I REALLY needed her. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Joel (SS4N)

S
S
Wierd...I posted a reply, the board SHOWS I replied, the time is updated, but none of my reply is here????!!!??<P>Hmmmmmmm............<P>SS4N

J
OP Offline
J
Joel,<P>Sorry, to hear it looks like scope time, but man is that better than what they used to do. This is one area where the good old days are now.<P>As for LIL, sorry to hear about the current situation. I do know how you feel when you finally really do need someone, and they aren't there for you. It is a real eye opener. Although, you managed well with the help of friends, it would have been nice for her to have been that friend.<P>I will say this, and you are no doubt realizing it, you are now finding out that you don't need anyone in particular. You are capable to handling pretty much what comes along. That is the good news. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] The bad news is that being with LIL is what you want, whether you need her or not.<P>I wish I had something uplifting to offer, other than I'm sure the knee will get better. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Hang in there Joel. These major decisions and events have a way of sorting themselves out. I have said this many times, and perhaps to you; but it has been my experience that when I was faced with a major decision, the decision is essentially made for me. Yeah, I could have gone another direction, but all of the data clearly showed which the correct way for me to go was.<P>Have patience and I believe you will find this to be true for you as well. This too shall pass and you will know which way to go.<P>God Bless,<P>JL

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation