Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#889835 10/13/00 11:14 PM
T
T
I am curious: for the people who have such venom toward Hilary for whatever reason - how much time have you spent in the Clinton's home to see what really happens there?<P>We can make all the judgments we choose to make - but I would wager that few of us, if any, have any first hand knowledge of what goes on in Hilary's heart or her head. And, if you want to get to the Christian aspect of this - it is not our place to judge either of them.<P>I think this topic is quite interesting.<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>

#889836 10/14/00 11:01 PM
W
W
Puleeze people!!<P>This is absolutly the most skewed example of A: a double standard and B: a reasonable facsimle of a marriage.<P>Politics is even worse a topic to debate than which religion has it right!<P>If you can't see through the Clinton facade then you need to take off your rose colored glasses!!<P>Ok... I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It just seems plain to me that the Clinton "marriage" is the most rediculous thing in America. Actualy I think ludicrous is a better word.<P>This country would be far better of had Clinton just stayed where he was. Maybe if their sorry-[censored] get out of the public eye and can't make policy we will see what we as a nation can really do!<P>All of the above is just MHO!!!<P>I'm getting down off my soap box now!<P>Love you guys no matter who you vote for!<P>Bill<P>

#889837 10/14/00 11:38 PM
T
T
So, Bill, how much time have you spent in the Clinton's living room?<P>We see what the press gives to us and eat it up as if it was gospel. Then we wonder why we don't feel so well...<P>NOTHING is obvious except that there are many things we do not know anything about.<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>

#889838 10/16/00 10:39 AM
W
W
Why can't a woman be:<P>married to an influential man<BR>intelligent<BR>aggressive<BR>politically astute<BR>professionally involved & successful<BR>in the public eye<BR>aware that her husband has flaws<BR>in love with a man that is not perfect<P>AND ALSO<P>BE COMMITED TO her marriage?<P>Because some of the items in that list apply to me, people in our community were very surprised that I stuck with my h. But, hey, I love the man, and I do truly value my marriage and my family. It seems clear to me that Hillary Clinton understands commitment. <P>I think the Clintons have been close partners in many aspects of their lives. I do not understand the charge that she is riding her h's coattails when she has been successful in her own right and she has been a vital part of her h's political career from its inception? She's not riding his coattails, she'd always been right there in the coat with him politically. <P>I think that where couples have been so interdependent, it's really hard for one of them to deal with the attraction of an extramarital relationship. The wayward spouse has been accustomed to sharing ideas and working through personal issues with the help of his/her spouse and suddenly there is an aspect of life that they try to work through without healthy communication from anyone else! My h said that he felt like the weight of the world was lifted off his shoulders when I finally found out about his ea, and we could deal with it together. <P>Certainly, those of us who understand the principals espoused on this site should respect and accept Hillary's commitment to her marriage regardless of our politics! <P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by wesse (edited October 16, 2000).]

#889839 10/17/00 12:29 AM
C
C
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wesse:<BR><B><P>Certainly, those of us who understand the principals espoused on this site should respect and accept Hillary's commitment to her marriage regardless of our politics! <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think you hit the nail on the head right there!<P>The people who have spewed such venom as we've seen on this thread are doing so for purely political reasons. They hate Hillary not because of who she is, but because of her husband. They project his less-than-savory qualities (lying, cheating, etc) onto her. Is this fair?<P>I consider myself to be conservative. I was raised by lifelong Republicans, voted for Reagan and Bush, and as a BS, I have no respect whatsoever for Bill Clinton and his cheating ways. But I can certainly separate the person from the politics, when it comes to the Clintons. Some who have posted here seem to equate the name Hillary with words like "hypocrite," "consummate liar," and "sorry [censored]." Is this directed at Hillary the person, or at her husband's politics?<P>There's another lady on the political landscape who married for purely political reasons, rode her husband's coat-tails, and with little or no political experience of her own, ran for an office that she wasn't qualified for. Her name? Elizabeth Dole. <P>Why is it that being aggressive, ambitious, intelligent, crafty, and politically astute are admirable qualities only if one is a Republican? <P>I find it rather odd that, on a website devoted to saving marriages, there are people who gleefully look forward to the day Hillary divorces Bill.<P>

#889840 10/16/00 04:26 PM
D
D
All I can say is, I didn't vote for the President or her husband.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation