Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#890118 10/14/00 03:32 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Hi MB Buddies!<P>On October 14, 1952, a baby boy was born. He was a typical boy, rough and tumble. He was an only child and grew up in a small Southern town surrounded by family and friends. He graduated from the small town high school and went off to college. After graduating in May of 1975, he spent the summer having a good time, spending time with friends and living his normal life.<P>Then, WHAM. It happened on August 30, 1975. He met a girl, and they fell in love at first sight. The girl knew in an instant that this would be her husband. They dated for nearly four months before he surprised her on Christmas Eve with a beautiful diamond ring that he really couldn't afford, and they got married on December 3, 1976. The next year they had their first baby, a precious little boy.<P>They struggled financially while the girl finished college, until 1980 when he got a good job with a local company. The girl went to work, and they built their dream house and decided to have another child, hoping for the little girl they wanted so badly. After two devastating miscarriages, their precious little girl was born in 1983, very prematurely and weighing less than four pounds. She was so tiny, but so perfect, and she began her life wearing doll clothes because baby clothes were way too large.<P>The boy and girl had a normal life together with the normal problems. He had a tumor in his throat and had to have surgery. She stayed with him day and night for four days at the hospital. He shattered his finger while playing softball, and she drove him to the hospital. She had a hysterectomy and a few years later knee surgery, and he loved her and took care of her.<P>They celebrated birthdays and holidays and anniversaries of the day they met, the day he told her he loved her, and the day they married. Everyone talked about their perfect marriage and perfect life together. They seemed to have it all. And for most of their lives together they did.<P>Until evil in the form of infidelity entered their life. And the boy changed into someone the girl didn't even know anymore, and the girl seemed to be someone that the boy hated and wanted to destroy. It all seemed like a horrible nightmare that they couldn't escape no matter how hard they tried.<P>But then the truth was discovered, and God went to work. He touched their hearts and opened their eyes, and they rediscovered their committment. The real work began and will continue for the rest of their life together.<P>But even if the girl had known what the future held, she would have still married the boy and suffered all the bad for the chance to have the true love of the only boy she ever loved and wanted. The only one that she still loves and wants, and always will.<P>So HAPPY BIRTHDAY to that little boy who grew up (in some ways) to be firestorm. The man that I will love for the rest of my life.<P>With love from the girl who would be your little,<P>Peppermint<P>By the way, I know that all you asked for your birthday was a special chocolate cake and my forgiveness. Well, I baked the cake and I'm REALLY working on the forgiveness!!!<P><BR>XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

#890119 10/14/00 03:47 PM
F
F
To my Peppermint,<P>I am almost to choked up to type what I really want to say. There is no amount of money in the world that could buy me anything more than the words that you have written here. I have loved you from the day I met you. You have been my dream, my inspiration, my life, and my love. From this day forward I will always love, honor, and cherish you, the woman that God intended for me to be with.<P>Thank you for the most special birthday ever.<P>I Love You......firestorm

#890120 10/14/00 08:38 PM
T
T
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIRESTORM:<P> AND ISN'T THIS A NEAT ONE TO BE CELEBRATING WITH PPERIMENT?<P>My best to both of you<BR>Tyra

#890121 10/14/00 08:44 PM
S
S
Peppermint - that was wonderful!!!<P>Firestorm - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!<P>May you have many, many, many more...<P>......together......!!!!!<P>BIG BIRTHDAY HUGS,<P>Sheba

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 300 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation