Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
schizzo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes, I'm actually going on a year of rebuilding...<P>My clueless one didn't even realize Oct. 29 was d-day!<P>But I got a call out of the blue the other day, I had won a free 7 day cruise for 4! Just have to pay port charges!<P>My h wasn't sure he could make it, but was happy to let me go. I would have a relaxing time anyway, but I knew he couldn't let this one go by him. He says he is going to make it happen so he can get off work!<P>We have been needing to get away, but I haven't had anyone to leave the kids with. This will be so great, because the child coverage is wonderful. The kids have done it before and liked it so much, we only saw them for meals and bedtime.<P>We are making NEW memories on a brand new ship, just on its second voyage. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I hope I haven't made anyone sad by sharing this. I just couldn't believe the timing - it was use it on Oct. 29 or lose it!

L
L
You go girl! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You know, neither of us are examples of a "quick fix" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] , but of perseverence and multiple second chances.<P>MB isn't a guarantee, but if you do it with love, patience & time, the outcome is sometimes pleasantly surprising.<P>HAVE FUN!

S
schizzo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks, Lor.<P>I know this week has been really tough for many at MB, but where are my friends?<P>I've just been diagnosed with major depression and could use the boost. Yeah, the trip will be a boost. New laws classify what I have as a severe mental illness, helps with insurance coverage. <P>But it's kinda hard to find I'm severely mentally ill. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

T
T
Cindy,<P>If it makes you feel any better, you're in good company [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It seems almost too perfect that you are getting that cruise on that day. I think it's a great way to start your next year together. I love when negatives get turned into positives.<P>Why would sharing this make us sad? I am very happy for you that you and your H will get a chance to travel for pleasure for a change.<P>Have a great time!

S
schizzo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Truth Seeker,<P>Thank-you, thank-you!!!!<P>Why am I afraid to make some sad? Because many on this board are not with their spouses...I hope they can see it as light from the end of the tunnel (not out yet). They are wonderful people and I'm sometimes afraid that sharing good news is a little like rubbing it in...

C
C
Congrats on winning the trip! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>My therapist would say that's just the universe paying you back for the bad times you've had.<P>The day after my W said she wanted to split up, I got a big raise at work. The day after she filed, I got a promotion and a HUGE raise. <P>Sometimes life just hands you happy things at really bad times. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

T
T
I think it's more likely to give people hope than to make them sad. Look at how eagerly folks here soak up posts from lostva! It shows that good things are possible. And when times are tough is when a reminder that it's possible is needed most.<P>Besides, I can't think of a solitary soul here that wouldn't want you to have some happiness. You certainly deserve it!

S
SKM Offline
S
Woow, that sounds like a great trip, and what timing. . .I don't believe in coincidences. . THIS was meant to be. Have a great time - you really deserve it!!!

H
H
Wow, how wonderful! You'll be cruising the seas, while I'm enjoying the Yacht and Beach Club. You deserve this so much, and I hope you have a GREAT time!<P>We all need to hear the good things, too, or it seems that all is destined to fail! Things are going well for us, too---H even told me the other day that even though he isn't completely happy with everything yet, he can't imagine life without ME and the kids. That is a pretty big turnaround from a few months ago when he couldn't even stand the sight of me! He's even planning something for tomorrow night--I guess when I was having a bad moment earlier this week and told him I was sick of planning everything and that why couldn't he plan something for us, when he had done it for "them", must've made him realize something!<P>Bon Voyage!!

F
F
Too cool!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Have a great time!

S
schizzo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
cjack, I totally agree, except it is my heavenly Father, rather than an impersonal universe (how could the universe be thinking about me right now?) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>TS and SKM, thank-you again. Why do I have trouble saying that - that I deserve it?<P>hurtinginil - yes, I know you will be at the yacht club. Have a great time! It sounds like your h is coming out of the fog! I'm so happy for you. It was many months before I feel nothing for you turned to I think I love you, to now I am the love of his life<P>FHL - thanks<P>Yes, it sails on Oct 29, a brand new ship named the Victory. There is room for all 4 of us, but I'm praying my h can close the two remaining sales he must complete this month so he can go...<BR>

A
A
WOW - I really believe that you are getting your due to make up for all the lousy stuff. It's funny - when I read Cjack's reply and what the therapist would say, I thought about my H who has been working steadily, but not getting the work he really wants. He was just recently promised a certain position on a film shoot and was "betrayed" and it didn't happen. Funny - that's what's bothered him - that he trusted someone who then pulled the rug out from under him. Hmmmmm....<BR>Anyway - bon voyage!

S
schizzo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, the plan now is for him to join us on the eve of Oct. 31. That gives me 2 whole days on my own on the cruise! I asked him if he wasn't even a little anxious I might meet someone???

R
R
I just want to say that I am happy for you, and wish you the best on the trip.<P>And also, sharing this news has the opposite effect of sadness....it is a happy thing, and everyone on here awaits happy news from the other MBers. The happy stories are what keep us all hopeful and make us realize that there are lights at the end of the tunnel. So you go and have a great time, and make the most of it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>This is a fantastic event for you [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
Make NEW MEMORIES and maybe create a new anniversary to erase the d-day from your mind.<P>Enjoy yourselves!

P
P
Schizzo,<P>Have fun on the cruise. I hear they are great. The food is wonderful and very relaxing. <P>Hope you and H are able to reconnect some.<P>

S
schizzo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I just got back. I'll post an update later as it's tough right now being we're all home...

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation