Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
H
WAT<P>Have just been catching up with your posts, (I haven't had access to a Pc for most of the last week).<P>The rollercoaster continues!<P>Just a small observation, but the cellphone / not entering the house situation seems like her "punishment" to you for discovering and confronting on the OM issue.<P>I know it sounds perverse but it's a little like the reaction I got from my W several weeks ago after telling OM's W about the A.<P>My W went from being polite and chatty (about kids and neutral matters) to completely cutting me dead for about 2 weeks and emptying further belongings from our house.<P>It seems to me that it is almost their punishment to you for intefering or a deliberate "show" of intent that they "mean it"<P>Just an idea.<P><BR>Regards<P><BR>HarryHat<BR>

W
OP Offline
W
Harry - your explanation makes sense. Thanks. Did your wife get over it? How did you handle it?<P>I'm just laying low. Won't contact her until she warms back up to me. She called last night and I answered and she simply asked to speak to our son - no how are you? or how was your day? small talk at all, and I didn't initiate any.<P>WAT

H
H
WAT<P>My W just went completely cold on me for about 2 weeks. In the last couple of weeks though (when I have seen her) she has been more communicative and now seem to be OK with talking about kids and neutral issues.<P>Since she increased her working hours, I actually see even less of her than before (about once or twice a week when she sees the kids)<P>I never initiate any conversations or phone calls about anything and she rarely calls either except to talk about kids. But when we do talk she does not seem uncomfortable or anxious to get away.<P>Again, nothing too positive but definitely a marked improvement from when I told OM's W.<P>Hope this helps<P><BR>HarryHat<BR>

C
C
WAT, <P>My H used to call and ask to speak to our son without even acknowledging me. He would just say, "Is so-and-so there?" I always felt this huge emptiness when he did that. It was like a wave of nausea and shock. I was always shocked even when I knew why he did it. There are just some things you never get used to.

W
OP Offline
W
Cleo - was the "why he did it" consistent with Harry's explanation - "punishment" for something you did?<P>Thanks,<BR>WAT

R
R
WAT,<P>I just got back from a business trip, so am catching up on you all. The latest posts on this thread interested me, because this week, my wife has become colder to me. Very matter of fact on the phone, and just wants to get off. So I plan on laying low. Guess I'm not the only one. This stuff is so crazy.<P>Your post about lies struck a chord too. I keep questioning in my own mind whether the volume of lies is too much to overcome. Can she ever come clean on these things? Just seems like a runaway train that can't be stopped.<P>I'll keep catching up. My wife had the kids while I was away, so that marks the start of joint custody. I have them starting Sat. morning for 4 days. We have a funny schedule that accommodates her job and results in less daycare for them.<P>

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation