Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
C'mon you two...has anything happened since you got home? Any contact at all? <P>Nothing much here. Steve is in L.A. with OW. Hope it rains like heck the whole time...but really, that just means more time indoors if you know what I mean. I do feel sort of at peace while he's gone for some reason. He can't intrude into our lives when he's gone. He did tell our daughter about OW the other night, explaining to her that they are just "friends". Gag.<P>Gonna go un-decorate now...gotta tackle the christmas stuff.<P>allison

R
R
Hi Alli ...<P>I just posted an update. Not much activity here, Hon.<P>I wanted to tell you thank-you again for having us stay with you last week-end. You have a wonderful family and home, Allison. You have every reason to be a proud mom and wife. Your kids are an absolute joy! <P>So Steve is away in CA with OW ... I'm glad this is giving you a break, and I do know it's been raining there non-stop, so ha ha on them! I'll pray for a blizzard. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I want to give you a jingle to chat but my phone bills are HUGE! Have to wait a bit before racking up the calls again.<P>Lora and I are both cleaning our houses today, very therapeutic. She and I plan on meeting for java tomorrow morning then some shopping ... wish you and Beth were here to join us.<P>I've been telling eveyone that asks how my trip went about running into Don (Don Henley to others LOL), how he wanted to hook-up with us and give us each a ride in his Viper. And how we had to turn him down because we aren't suppose to have friends of the opposite sex right now. Man he was bummed, wasn't he? LOL<P>Anyhoo, love you Allison. Please say "hey" to the kids and Sabrina and Ewok and the turtle (forot his name). Call me when you can, would love to chat with you.<P>Love,<BR>Jo<P>p.s. consider your side of the bet delivered, I was ROFLMAO when I saw, Allison. You make me laugh so much! I love you.

L
L
Update. Well, it appears I lied to myself. I told myself he probably wouldn't call. I told myself I was ready for that. <P>So why did I check the answering machine the minute I got home, why did I then check caller ID just to be sure. Why am I now sad and lonely and afraid that OW was able to just suck him right back in stronger than ever. Why do I feel so rejected Again.<P>Darn it. I was trying so hard to keep my expectaions low, but I was unsuccessful. Give me a little positive info and I couldn't help myself.<P>Now I dont know what to do. Call him myself? Wait awhile then call? Give up? <BR>Having a hard night tonight.<BR>Lora

A
OP Offline
A
Lora,<P>Well damn it...sounds like you are...get ready...sit down...this is HUGE...human!<P>Lora honey, they do mess us up don't they. I'm glad you called yesterday...though I think I had way too much caffiene as usual and talked too much. You know, this may just be a question for the Harleys. I have never contacted them myself, but maybe they could tell you whether to contact him or not. I'm betting they would say no...Plan b is Plan b and they seem pretty strict on following it to the letter. Personally, it would be driving me nutso...as it is you [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Patience is not my strong suit at all!<P>If you do contact him you have to be ready for anyting...which is so scary. He could go either way right now, which is even a better argument for letting him alone for a bit longer. I have no doubt, especially after I met you, that you are this mans anchor in life. He is floundering without you. He sorta reminds me of Lostva's hubby...he knows where home is, he knows where he belongs, he just has to figure it out for himself. Remember her H did'nt want to talk about it at all either...she just let it self-destruct and was totally there for him when it did. She didn't get what we all want...the "I'll spend the rest of my life making up for this dear", but that was ok with her...she just sort of let it be, waited and watched.<P>Hope you and Jo had fun today having coffee and shopping. Wish I could have been there. The kids and the animals say hello...Salina misses all the attention, I'm back to ignoring her and hating her because of my damn carpet!<P>Jo,<P>Same with me on the phone bill! I sat down and paid bills yesterday and am in shock. Not a good idea to wait three weeks to look at the ole checkbook! I'll be ok. I told Lora on the phone that I got a pretty big promotion at work last week...about a $6,ooo a year raise! Can you believe that! They called me a jewel...said it was a waste to have me answering phones! Man, we betrayed are so hungry for kind words that I almost kissed the woman who said that to me.<P>Jo, I had a wonderful weekend too...exactly what the doctor ordered. I admire you and Lora greatly. It' so good to meet people that know exactly how it feels to go thru this mess...though I wish to God that none of us had ever experienced this. Your update post sounded so good...I admire that you are not letting Steve suck you back into his insanity. I have to remember that it took you a long time to stop doing that...and be patient with myself. I'll tell ya, if I got a 2:30 am phone call from H, I'd be right back to square one...hoping so much that he'd seen the light. <P>I love you guys and am so grateful that you made the trip out here. Please, come back anytime...think of it as a little escape from reality. The weekend was that for me.<P>Better go wake up Don, he needed to get the Viper washed this morning. That man, just can't live without me! What to do?<P>allison

L
L
Thanks allison.<BR>I guess I decieded not to call him. I will have to cintact him soon about taxes and the car insurance, so will try and wait for that. <BR>Allison, we all know you are a jewel, glad they awknoleged that at work too. But thank God it was a woman that said it or your love bank would be overflowing. LOL<P>Jo and I went shopping and found the perfect man for you. I would like to send him.I will need your address. Can you email me or Jo with it please?<BR>Lora<p>[This message has been edited by Lora (edited March 03, 2001).]

R
R
Yup! We found the perfect man for you, Allison. He's very low maintenance. LOL<P>We thought about you when walking around Gig Harbor today, talked about our get together this summer. Can't wait!<P>Great BIG congrats on your promotion, Alli. Lora and I believe that within a years time you may very well be in the House of Reps, truly. You're such a Dynamo. Just have fun and enjoy all your successes, Hon. They are WAY overdue.<P>Love you Allison,<P>Best,<BR>Jo

B
B
Congrats on the promo, Allison. I am so proud that you had the fortitude at this time in your life to show your new work that you are a peron of great worth in such a short time. YOu are absolutely the bomb, girl.(My daughter would say.)<P> Feel like doing the Science Center or the art Museum tomorrow with the kids? I do not want to sit home another day, cold or not, the kids need stimulation on their day off! Call me.<P>Beth

A
OP Offline
A
Thank you so much Beth...don't know what I'd do without you guys.<P>Part of the drag of working for the Legislature, is when they are in Session, you don't get the Holidays off. Yep, I'm here, bored out of my brain...thank God for the computer and MB.<P>Have a wonderful day with the kids. The Science Museum is awesome...a whole day of fun. Of course,you could always head to the Biltmore and pick up a little something..lol<P>sorry again about Sat. I swear, if they find out here at work that I have left my concentration skills behind with my sense of security I'm outta here. I'd love to get together and meet your kids asap.<P>allison

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation