Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
I had 2 dreams last night that have been sticking with me all day. <P>The first one was kinda funny. I was with the Golden Girls, lol (don't know why, I'm in my early 30's) and we were running down the stairs and looking for somewhere to hide because a man was going to come hurt one of them, we were terrified. Then man comes in and finds us all. I'm in a corner with a blanket over me and the other ladies are on the bunk beds. The man throws my blanket off me and turns to the bunk beds and then finds Blanche on the top bunk bed and asks her to marry him. Then it turns into a party and he is a very elegant man and we al have fun.<P>The second dream I'm walking along all this beautiful foilage at a botanicail type place (I live in Hawaii so I'm use to tropical flowers, trees, etc, and it being lush. Also there are no snakes here, it is illegal)Anyway I'm walking along and admiring all the flowers and frogs and stuff and I see a lizard that I think is cute so I bend down the look at it more and a huge green snake was coiled around my arm but I didn't know. As I reached out to pick up the lizard the snakes quickly uncoils off my arm and eats the little lizard and some frogs. I'm standing there in horror. Then the snake slithers off and I don't know what to do because there are no snakes allowed here. I decide to run and hope no one finds out about it.<P>Strange huh? What do ya think they meant?

T
T
hmmmm...not sure what to think...but I know that some ppl say dreams tell you of things in the subconsious wanting to get out..

I
I
I have heard of a book that is out there that is really good at analyzing dreams. Not sure of the name of it. Maybe you could go on amazon.com and search for it. <P>I would like to know why for the last 10 years I have had reoccuring dreams of tornadoes???<P>GL<P>ILAC

B
B
Anastasia,<P>Here's my take: In the first dream, you are running down the stairs (into the subconscious, the deepest part of your psyche) hiding from a dangerous man. You fear for your lives, you're terrified. I don't remember which one Blanche is, is she the Betty White actress? She's kind of naive and extremely feminine? At first, you recognize the danger. Then when you are cornered, you turn it into a game. What are you afraid of? Do you fear your husband and the harm he does to your soul/mind/spirit? I don't get from any of your posts that he is physically abusive, but maybe he's the mysterious man in the dream.<P>Once the chase is turned into a game, you disguise the man's intent as courting behavior. What part of you does Blanche represent? He "uncovers" her and asks her to marry him. Now he is elegant? And you all have fun. Maybe you need to focus on what it is that terrifies you so much that you turn it into a harmless game.<P>Second dream: In contrast, the dream starts out idyllic and full of life. You see a reptile (cold-blooded animal but with an appealing first impression; kind of cute and harmless) Coiled around your arm is a snake which you hadn't realized was there. You don't have the same feeling towards legless reptiles as you do for the four-footed kind, which seem more like warm-blooded animals to you. Things aren't what they first appear to be in this dream. What starts out benificent turns threatening when inspected closer. The predator consumes the smaller non-threatening reptile and some amphibians. Something evil consumes the good. <P>When the snake slithers off you run away and hope no one finds out about it. Can this be that you feel guilty for bringing evil into this paradise? It doesn't make sense otherwise. If you didn't feel guilt, you would raise the alarm, want to notify the park rangers that there was an illegal snake in Hawaii and protect other innocents. <P>Snakes are also phallic symbols. Not to me; I personally think they are as cute as any other reptile. BUt Freudians say they are penises. Are you sexually frustrated in your marriage and wishing for fulfillment?<P>Or are you looking at your own needs and secret wishes as inherently evil, rather than recognizing them as life affirming?<P>Yours from the armchair,<BR><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

J
J
Hmmmm if anyone knows the relivence of drowning dreams let me know. I have had several where I am drowning, children are drowning and one where my h was trying to drown me.<P>joyd

S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> relivence of drowning dreams <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>A N X I E T Y !!!!!<P>World closing in around you, drowning, choking, having difficulty breathing in light of things around you, like responsibilities with the children, relationship with spouse, lack of self-confidence, those type of things.<P>Generally dreams are attempts by the sub-conscious to work through what is denied during the awake hours. <P>Blanche, being the seductive one of the bunch gets the guy...fear of relationships and relief that he goes for someone else...<P>the snake and guilt thing is generally accurate, sometimes guilt for not being true to self, allowing oneself to be compromised in some way...emotional hurt crying out and not being heard, or listened to by even yourself? The part of you that is denying feelings, or rationalizing or minimizing them...those kind of things.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation