Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
schizzo Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Tues nite on Larry King, he interviewed Jim Bakker, his son, current wife and ex-wife. Anyone else see it?<P>I was moved and even Larry King was choking back the tears at one point. The son (what was his name?) who is now grown wrote a book on what it was like. He was 11 years old when they first lost the material goods, the goodwill of PTL, and then his father went to prison.<P>I was very impressed with the maturity of the son. I don't think anyone would defend the actions of his father, not only the infidelity but the rich lifestyle on the backs of the contributors. But here was a family that had somehow found their way back. His wife and ex-wife are friends (I thought even looked alike!), but I was mostly impressed with the young man.<P>How he found his way back after his world fell apart on him.<P>

T
Taj Offline
T
Didn't see the interview Schizzo, but I read Jim Bakker's book written in regards to the whole scandal and his time in prison. The book is titled, "I Was Wrong". It is a very truthful account of his crimes and what he found when he really began to search for God from scratch. The man truly went "through the fire", and rightfully so, he did use and abuse his power as a televangelist. It is just proof that no matter what we've done or how low we go, God will be there to pick up the pieces of our lives and set us on the right path again........we just need to turn to Him in total trust and honesty. <P>Jim Bakker's son has a ministry to teens the last I heard, teens who are basically rejected from society due to their rebellion in dress etc. Yes, he is a remarkable young man.<P>In Jim Bakker's book he states that the one spiritual leader who reached out to him and stood by him through thick and thin was Franklin Graham, Billy Graham's son. I thought that was very interesting.<P>Just some thoughts and comments! I wish I'd seen the interview with Larry King.<P>Blessings, Taj <BR><P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

D
D
Schizzo<P>I'm sick I didn't get to see the interview. I also read his 600 page book "I Was Wrong" and wept as I read it.<P>Jim Bakker is a 'broken man' "God sorrow produces repentance, while Worldy sorrow produces death". Jim Bakker has exhibitied Godly Sorrow.<P>I have seen him on James Robison's TV program and you can see it in his face.<P>It's strange that he too was married 30 years and divorced from Tammy (I was married almost 30 years when my wife left me) and during our 4 year separation, I sort of had Jim's prison experience as God changed/dealt with me.<P>I wrote a booklet containing my testimony and I called it "I Was Wrong......Too" and I quoted Jim Bakker's book in my testimony.<P>You mention Jim's ex-wife Tammy and his new wife looked alike. The woman I am engaged to now looks just like my ex-wife of 33+ years, it's uncanny.<P>Anyway....wish I would have seen the program.<P>Thanks for sharing!<P>[censored] from Texas

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 877 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation