Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#906520 03/29/01 01:41 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Did any of you, before the A happened, think about what it would do to your spouse if they found out? Did you think about it and go ahead anyway? Did any of you not think about it and had an A? <P>Even for the BS, did any of you think about having an A, and stop that thought once you realized what it might do to your spouse?<P>I'm not thinking of having an A-let's make that clear. I'm just curious whether the WS even thinks about the BS before they decide to have an A.

#906521 03/29/01 01:51 AM
B
B
I know I thought about the BS. I also thought about my children, parents, sibling and friends. The thing is, whether it's a fog, real love or whatever there is a time when you don't really care what anybody thinks. You know what you want and everything around you is second. Yuck....that sounds terrible! For me in the beginning of my affair I worried about others and the BS, during the first part of the affair I was like I stated above and towards the end I put "me" on the back burner and started thinking, caring and worried about all of the others involved. Too bad the inbetween has to happen because it's hard, if not impossible, to fix what that stage did to all involved.

#906522 03/29/01 01:52 AM
B
B
Hi,<P> Yes, My H took it all into consideration, and decided to go for it anyway. <P>------------------<BR>Deb

#906523 03/28/01 02:01 PM
S
S
I'm ashamed to say that, in the beginning, I never gave it a thought. My H and I were having serious problems at the time, and I resented him so much that it didn't matter.<P>Then, as the A progressed, I had a few fleeting moments of sanity and wondered what in hell I thought I was doing. However, I was so in the fog that nothing mattered but my own selfish needs, even though I knew deep down that it was wrong. It certainly wasn't the solution to my marital problems.<P>I had no clue how seriously it would affect my H until he found out. In that one terrible moment I realized how it felt to totally devastate someone . . . someone with whom I took vows and promised to love forever.<P>I can't take back what I've done, but I'm making damned sure that I make it up to my H for all the pain I've caused him. I hope, with a lot of work, that I can become an honest person again and be the good wife I once was.

#906524 03/28/01 02:11 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Why don't I get it? You see, before my H had the A, I considered having an A. I remember thinking, "What would he do/feel/say if/when he ever found out?" And I was struck with the most incredible guilt and pain imaginable just THINKING about it. I remember saying to myself that I would never be the cause for that amount of pain to my H. I couldn't live with myself.<P>And trust me, my love bank was beyond empty, none of my needs were being met-even when I specifically asked. If anyone was "ripe" for an A it would've been me. So why didn't I have one and my H did?<P>I just don't get it.

#906525 03/28/01 02:18 PM
C
C
I didn't really think about what my H would do if he found out, because I did not really acknowledge that my relationship with OM was an EA. I thought we were just friends. Call it fog or whatever, I truly didn't believe, or didn't want to believe, that the intense emotional attachment I had with another man was an affair. There was a lot of denial on my part. I didn't really acknowledge the A until it was discovered, and then I knew how much damage I had done. Looking back it is hard to believe I was that stupid. I don't feel like I ever "decided to have an affair." There is no question that I in fact, did have an A. I just wasn't in a frame of mind where I clearly made a choice one day to have an A. My relationship with OM developed slowly over time until it was inappropriate by any one's standards. It doesn't sound logical, but I don't remember ever consciously making a choice to do this in spite of my H.<p>[This message has been edited by Clouds (edited March 28, 2001).]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation