Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tulip Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Just curious if anyone is familiar with bi-polar disorder or if anyone suspects their spouse may have this disorder? <P><p>[This message has been edited by Tulip (edited April 13, 2001).]

M
mon Offline
M
Tulip,<P>Put this way I do not think my husband's elevator goes to the top. He says that he is manic depressive. I know one thing. I know when he was involved with the other woman he drank very heavy. Apparently, she caused her husband to drink alot too. Some people tell me it is guilt. I think that is their connection. The poor souls they were so neglected. Yes, I can say that I did neglect my husband. But, who would want to sleep with a man that was so drunk he could hardly stand up. After all I been through, I do not know whether I love him anymore. It is funny now but, In the beginning he told me how unhappy he was and he did not love me. He told that he did not think he ever has loved me. Now, I am the one that is unhappy and do not know if I love him. I guess that is what hurt does to you. Sometimes , I really feel that I hate him. <P>Take care

B
B
Hi,<BR> 1st H, bi-polar, sounds quite a bit like him. mine was into drugs and alcohol, also. I guess a lot of bi-polars are. He cheated on me all the time, was abusive both M/P!<P> No eventually I had no love for the man. <P>------------------<BR>Deb

S
S
Tulip,<P>Well, he certainly sounds like he has some problems, but I'm not sure about the bipolar business. It is hereditary, so if he is it would be good to become aware of the signs and watch your kids. Bipolar can be controlled by medication, so if they show signs have them evaluated so that they can be treated.<P>Anyway, <A HREF="http://www.landfield.com/faqs/support/depression/bipolar-faq/part1/" TARGET=_blank>here</A> is a link to a long and fairly exhaustive FAQ about bipolar disorder. Bipolar people tend to alternate between depression and mania (it used to be called manic-depressive), usually more often in depression. The cycles are usually irregular and months or years long, although this differs over time and by individual. Most of us have some understanding of depression, but mania is characterized by symptoms such as:<P>-Grandiosity<BR>-Decreased need to sleep<BR>-Being very talkative<BR>-Racing thoughts<BR>-Being very easily distractable<BR>-Lots of goal oriented activity<BR>-Engaging in activities that have a high potential for bad consequences without regard to those consequences, such as buying sprees, sexual indiscretion, speculative investments.<P>This list I took from <A HREF="http://mentalhelp.net/disorders/sx20.htm" TARGET=_blank>Mental Health Net</A>, which has a number of links.<P>Hope this info helps.<P>Steve

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 807 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation