Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
N
OP Offline
N
Hey Mitz,<P>Ah, but did you put down nice citrus smelling powdery stuff so that your cat box didn't smell up the joint??? huh, did ya, did ya???? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
NB,<P>No, I did not! I'll leave the citrus smelling powdery stuff for you! Myself, I used vanilla floral smelling powdery stuff! LOL LOL As for the cat box stinking up the joint...don't have a cat box! The cat poops outside! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitz [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

L
L
2973 for me - now 2974, I guess. Not many and I hit the 3000 mark all by myself. If I can do that, this thread can CERTAINLY hit 300!!<P>C'mon TNT - tell us! <P>We miss you!<P>Lori

H
H
I guess I am an "old-timer" by years, not posts. I checked and only have a little over a measly 1500 posts! And I thought I was obsessed with this place [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I've been around since the spring or summer of 1998....left for a while and then came back to visit, only to find many more new people here than when I left. I do remember the "great crash".....it was terrible...our whole history gone up in cyber-smoke.<P>I didn't know the card faeiry...or however you spell it....well, but I do remember seeing the name a lot. I'm curious too who it was.<P>Here's my contribution to getting that magic 300 posts! <P>------------------<BR>"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

L
L
Look at this, I drop in and the gangs been all here. It was nice to read that everyone seems to be doing good one way or the other.<P>I stopped giving any advice a long time ago, since what was happenning to me was so out of control. I still read and catch good advice occasionally.<P>But you know what. Here we are. We just celebrated our 24th anniversary last weekend. It was wonderful. We bought a new travel trailer and snowmobiles this year and I am loving life. Best of all, right now I am watching my husband outside working on the yard! He cares about it! Yay!<P>Nice to catch up on everyone. Whoever finds out who the card fairie was better tell!<P>Lilly

H
H
Hiya all-I too want to know who the card fairie is. But I also want to give you ADDICTS a good laugh or two.<P>First of all-I am only on post #334 [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] And that is since August 1999. I remember when the OWH was pissed because I had over 150 posts. LOL He would be so ashamed of many of you [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Secondly-I vacuum almost every day-sometimes twice [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I clean houses for people as a side job. But I also enjoy vacuuming-STOP LAUGHING. When I was married the first time my exH hated me to clean-so clean I did. When I turned on the vac I could drown him OUT-LOL<P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<P>"Life's A Dance<BR>You Learn As You Go.<BR>Sometimes You Lead<BR>Sometimes You Follow!<BR>Don't worry 'Bout What You Don't Know<BR>LIfe's A Dance <BR>You Learn As You Go."<p>[This message has been edited by heartache (edited April 21, 2001).]

S
S
<B>Hello to all you good people</B><P>I want to know who the Card Fairie was too! Here's my contribution to the 300 posts.<P>I have three user names. The first one was <B>Samantha-MI</B> and somehow it became unusable for me. Just couldn't access it anymore? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] That name had 760 posts. Although in my defense, many of them got lost in the crash of 99 and when they archived the forums and made the individual forums. <P><B>A blessed Samantha</B> my current user name, has 369 posts. I am very surprised it is so few? It's puzzlement to me?<P><B>it's me Samantha</B> is the identity I use while I am at work, that one has 369 posts. Geeze, I am hoping they don’t catch on at work? I really do work guys and just don’t spend my time on MB. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>So my tally is 1498 until this one and counting. LOL I am for sure addicted remember a year or so ago asking when Steve was going to make a “Twelve Step Program” called “Marriage Builders Anonymous?”<P>I guess I should be grateful that some of them got lost. I have been here since May 5, 1999.<P><B>TNT aka Trust n Truth</B><P>I can’t believe you know who the Card Fairie was, and I don’t know? Did you tell me once? Geeze again <B>PSABD!</B><P><B>Vacuuming ladies</B><P>I do that task not often enough, housework is not my forte’! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I am really fortunate these days the vac is broken and we’re awaiting the part in the mail. So I still may have a few days reprieve from that duty. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Great thread, I can’t wait for it to get to 300 and for us all to get the prize.<P><BR>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited April 21, 2001).]

E
E
I too want to know who the Card Fairy is.<P>I am replying for a different reason though. . .PLEASE see my thread about needing help for a friend.<P>This is another chance for all of us "Old Timers" to help address the "Alarming Trend" that Sheryl started this thread over.<P>God Bless<p>[This message has been edited by Empty Shell (edited April 21, 2001).]

N
OP Offline
N
Welcome to a SUNNY [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (yippie!) Sunday!!!<P>First post today to get the "magic 300" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

J
J
Alright Here I am Again,<P>I too want to know who the heck was the Card Fairie! Puhlezzz tell!! <P>------------------<BR><B>God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>l**edit**

Last edited by MBLBanker; 05/06/12 04:59 AM. Reason: Remove email
T
T
Hi all you "old timers"! Sheryl, you have a special way of bringing people out of the woodworks!<P>I have been on a very much needed hiatus. I read this stuff everyday. I agree with someone some many pages ago that some of this serves only as a constant reminder to keep my wound open. As I am not dealing with my situation very well at all, I don't reply often, as I don't have any successes to post about. My horrendous "triangle" story ended up quite nicely for my ex-h and Mia. Trust me there is no "fog" for them.<P>I do want to thank you Sheryl for your tireless support of me and my ever changing emotional state. And also to Sheba, who way back when I thought I was doing my damnest to save my marriage she was right there coaching me along. There are a few of you, mainly I can remember someone named Maya, and WhoDat who actually stated that my now ex-h should divorce me, but heck, that was their opinion then. And perhaps I deserved it. <P>So, Sheryl, if you ever get back to this dessert area and want a place to visit, you are always welcome!<P>Tanya

T
T
Wow ... so many people, so many stories ... some so sad and some happy and some, like me, kinda still in limbo.<P>TL, so sorry things worked out so badly for you. Sometimes it truly is difficult to see what we will lose until we have lost it. Then, we tend to kick ourselves and beat ourselves up over the "if onlies"... trust me, the "if onlies" are so incredibly self-destructive. I hope that you can find your way to the place where I am. I truly still love my husband, but I'm filling up my life with so many other things that I enjoy. I'm not as happy as I <B>think</B> I would be if the slug and my husband came to a parting of the ways, and I'm not as happy as I <B>would</B> be if my husband came back to me and said he wanted to try again... but I <B>am</B> happy. Yep, there are definite ups and downs, but even in this place, MB, I am not always thinking of my husband. I pray that you can get to that place in your life.<P>Happy Sunny Sunday all!<BR>[post #232!]<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I><p>[This message has been edited by terri (edited April 22, 2001).]

P
P
Hey Everyone!!!<P>I've seen this post grow and grow and thought it may be time for me to throw in my update and thread count...(I'll check it after I post and add an edit - I'm a bit afraid to see what it says, although I haven't been here too much lately there was a time I was posting several times a day [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Arik and I are doing really well, he no longer works with OW and has no desire to do so - in fact he had been approached by his boss about it and has stated to me that if they request it he would want to turn them down and did turn down a chance to work with OW just a couple months ago)<BR> * for those who don't know OW works on a special crew at Arik's job. If he were on this crew he would have to report to her daily to find out the assigned jobs for our region and get the information needed to complete the job.<BR>His leaving the crew was one of the many turning points in our recovery proccess.<P>Our schedules are really hectic so we don't see as much of each other as we like but the times that we do see each other are real quality times. I will be finished with school in a few weeks - finals this week and then a 3 week practicum -, and then I will have to find a job. Soon my life will be back to normal.<P>I still have moments of sad reflection, of shock that this ever happened, of terror that it may happen again, of anger that it ever happened in the first place, but for the most part I go on day to day and take each momment as they come.<P>I thank God for the time I have to work on my marriage and to build a better relationship with Arik, and a better family life for my kids.<P>Anway, that's the update in a nutshell. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>59 as untallnikba - my former user name<BR>614 as Patient Love<P>For a Grand Total of 673<BR>Not as bad as I thought<P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers<BR>Nicole [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><p>[This message has been edited by Patient Love (edited April 22, 2001).]

L
L
Are we there yet????????????<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lori

T
T
No, Lori ... This post should be [post #235] - just to keep us on track ... and counting!<P>T

L
L
Thanks, Terri.....just trying to do my part! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lori

P
P
Funny thing, I always thought LORI was the card fairy!<P>Peppermint

O
O
Hi,<BR>Will you all let a newbi in? Been having a rough few weeks. Oh heck, the whole thing has been rough, but many of you have been there for me. Thanks.<P>I wanted to say hi to TL. Good to hear from you. <P>Also, you people are doing a great job over there on the p/c board. Man, those are some crazy OWs. They are pretty bold and nuts. What were our mates thinking when they went out there? Trade reasoning mates for psyco's? <P>Ok, gotta go. Oh, wanted to add my 2 cents about vacuuming. Right now I am in the middle of shampooing & vacuuming my carpets. Kind of therapuetic for me. Feels good to clean up the house. Next, the garage.<P>L.

N
OP Offline
N
Thanks for the help you guy'ses (said guises [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) in getting to the BIG 300 (although that was my weight in 1998 and I really don't like that number -- tee hee, being silly)...<P><B>Nicole</B>, Thanks for the update hon!!! Good job to you and Arik!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>TANYA</B>, my god girl, I was worried about you!!<P>I will be sure to call ya (send that phone number to my email honey!) next time I go to town!!!!!!!!!<P>Love you!!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

L
L
Hey, Peppermint, it's not me. She was here b/f I came, I think. I've had some guesses, but I really don't know and I've been dying to find out!<P>Hey, TNT, you'd better not back out on us now...that's the reason I'm hanging around this week!<P>Lori

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation