Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Does anyone know how to get rid of the "history" from websites visited on the internet?<P>CF

C
C
Ok CF,,, since I have sooooo much experience in this area LOL both by being on th receiving end and giving end of this type of game... here it goes...<BR>go to tools, Internet Options<BR>on the Temporary Internet files click view files<BR>go up and click edit and then click select all<BR>go up again click file and delete<BR>this will delete all cookies and internet files you have viewed (history)<BR>C1

R
R
You can buy window or windows cleaner software that gets rid of history of sites visited. You will have to search on the internet somehow.

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks- I will try it.<P>Also, I am looking for the person who replied to my last topic about my H's password, this person left me their email address and I wasnt able to get it going back through my old posts, Hopefully if this person reads this, they will remember who I am. Thanks<P>CF

B
B
The most "secure" way to do it is in three steps...<BR>Go to "tools", then "internet options" and do the following:<P>1. Click on Clear History button<BR>2. in temporary internet files area, click on delete files button<BR>3. in temporary internet files area click view files, on next window go up and click edit and then click select all.<BR>then while holding down the shift key (which is important, otherwise the files go to your recycle bin), press the delete key on your keyboard.

T
T
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by can't forget:<BR><B>Thanks- I will try it.<P>Also, I am looking for the person who replied to my last topic about my H's password, this person left me their email address and I wasnt able to get it going back through my old posts, Hopefully if this person reads this, they will remember who I am. Thanks<P>CF</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>CF,<BR>yep, I remember.. and I edited it out shortly after. I just didn't want to keep it hanging around. **edited out**<P>Concerned & Boomer gave you all the info you need for the history. Except, aside of your cookies and TIF files, you will want to open up internet explorer, and open the history right there on the tool bar. You can left-click on the days, or specific sites to delete those one by one. I'll be waiting to hear from you.<P>Trace<P>[This message has been edited by trace (edited April 23, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by trace (edited April 23, 2001).]

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the info!<BR>Where do I find the tools button? Its not on my browser. Do I need to have internet explorer open to do this, I found internet options under my start-programs-control panel. Is this the right place.<P>Trace- I will email as soon as I can, not much time during the day, but I am so glad you read my posting! Thanks- I will get back with you as soon as I can.<BR>CF<P>

C
OP Offline
C
To all who gave me pointers on deleting history and cookies,etc. This is my work computer, I was curious how to delete history of the websites I've visited, etc. When i highlight and click delete, everything is still there, only highlighted. Not sure it is deleting. Also, In the history in internet explorer, do you have to click each website visited, then delete? They arent deleting for some reason?? Help<P>CF

S
S
Hi Can't forget...<BR>Go to the internet explorer icon on your desktop...RIGHT click<BR>-click properties<BR>-under temporary internet files click delete files<BR>-under history click clear history...also change the amount of time the folder keeps history files to 1 or 0 days<BR>-click apply <P>This will delete all temporary internet content as well as cookie files.<BR>If your running windows 98 you can also click start menu...programs...accessories...system tools...disk clean up...and then check all the items you want cleared and the system will do it for you.<P>There is also a utility program called tweakUI that you can load into your system to clear all history files automaticaly.<BR>If you can't find tweak on the net try a site called bootdisk.com...look for utility/disk clean up programs. There are a number of them that will do the job and won't interfear with any network configurations that may be in your office system.<P>I hope that helps...if you need anything else let me know.<BR>-SoDuped.

B
B
Click on this link to download tweakui<BR> <A HREF="http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-1461985-101-2830963.html?tag=st.dl.1461985-100-2830963-2830963.dln.1461985-110-2830963" TARGET=_blank>http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-1461985-101-2830963.html?tag=st.dl.1461985-100-2830963-2830963.dln.1461985-110-2830963</A>

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks! I sure will try it when I get some spare time! All your replys have been very helpful.<P>CF

C
OP Offline
C
Well, I tried the suggestions, not sure working. Here it is: When I go to settings, view files even after I have deleted files and cleared history, a box pops up with a list of cookies or files when I view files, I highlight them and hit delete, but they dont go away! Is this a security wall or something? In short, even when I clear history, there are still files showing in the view files box. THanks<P>CF

B
B
make sure when you are doing it that nothing else is running on the computer...not even a minimized internet explorer. Also, you can go to the windows/history folder in explorer and delete all the entries there, then you can go to the windows/temporary internet files folder in the same place and delete EVERYTHING inside of it. You can't delete that folder itself, but do delete everything inside of it....hope this helps

C
OP Offline
C
Okay, here's the deal I went to start, programs, windows NT explorer, than to winnt on my C drive than clicked profiles, than clicked my name, I clicked the cookies folder, deleted cookies and it prompts me if I want to send to recycle bin, I say yes, and the cookies disappear ( then I empty recycle bin) Then I go to the history folder and click and a "today" folder appears then I click on that and I get a long list of yellow folders with websites next to them. So I try to highlight all of those folders with the websites next to them and click delete and it asks me if I am sure I want to delete items in the 'today' folder, I click yes, and they just stay highlighted, they dont disappear or go to recycle bin. I believe I have the 95 version of internet explorer. What you think?<P>CF

D
D
I delete the history files on my computer every day and this how I do it. Like the others say, right click on the internet explorer icon and go to properties, you will see different tabs to choose from. (If this doesn't work, then open IE and go to tools and then select options. It is the same thing. )Go to the general tab and click the "clear history" button. It will then delete all web sites visited of the history folder. However on my computer ( I am using windows 98)It only deletes the previous days, not todays. I then have to go to the history folder. To do this right click on the start button and then left click on explore. This will bring up all the folders on all the drives on the computer. Go down the list and look for the Windows folder. Under that you should see the history folder. Open up the history folder. It should have the previous days visited along with todays. Open each day, if the sites are still there, then open up each day, all the sites then should be on the left side of the screen. Go to the top of explorer page and go to edit and click on select all then go to file and click delete, this will clear out all the websites visited. To delete all the cookies and temporary internet files go to explore again go to the bottom of the files in the Windows list click on the folder then select and delete all the files. This will delete all the files in the cookies folder at the same time. NOTE: You can still see what web sites a person has visited going to the temporary internet files and going through each one. These files tell what websites have been visited and go into great detail about the site the person has visited. And then don't forget to empty the recycle bin.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation