Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
alias Offline OP
OP Offline
A
We have been in a good recovery for over a year. My h. is 110% out of the fog and loving me like crazy.<BR>So, why am I NOW having insomnia, nightmares, and panic attacks in my sleep?<P>I know that it is related to being a survivor and finally being out of the worst of the trauma, but I don't know how to treat it.<P>Does anyone know of any books that address PTSD from infidelity? <P>BTW, I've read literally everything about infidelity available at Amazon...but haven't seen more than a tiny half page on PTSD in 'Second Honeymoon'<P>thanks in advance, <P>lizzie<P>

N
NSR Offline
N
Here are a few links that might help...<P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum37/HTML/002263.html" TARGET=_blank>Post-traumatic stress?? Anyone? Help?</A>...NoTrust... 3/17/2000<P><A HREF="http://www.nimh.nih.gov/anxiety/ptsdmenu.cfm" TARGET=_blank>Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder</A><P><A HREF="http://www.successunlimited.co.uk/PTSD/" TARGET=_blank>Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder</A><BR> <BR> <BR><A HREF="http://www.nimh.nih.gov/anxiety/anxiety/ptsd/ptsdinfo.htm" TARGET=_blank>Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder</A><P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim<BR>

C
C
Thanks NSR [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

A
alias Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Jim.<P>liz

C
C
Alias,<P>I think I suffer from PTSD also. I haven't read too much on the topic either in regards to how to treat it. Or, do you think it is just a form of low self-esteem we are suffering with, I know mine is way below rock bottom.<P>I have asked many posters here if they knew your e-mail, I don't know why I zone in on you, but I do. A special kindred spirit thing maybe.<P>If you are willing and feel comfortable sharing, let me know.<P>Cathy

A
alias Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi.<BR>It's lizpearl@go.com<P>I don't check it very often, but as long as you post a msg on MB In Recovery that you have emailed me, I'll know to check it.<P>Thanks..I look forward to encouraging each other.<P>lizzie<P>Whoops, make that post a msg, not a meg!...if you post a whole meg I won't read it all!<p>[This message has been edited by alias (edited May 03, 2001).]

G
G
Hi Jim!<P>Thanks for posting some links. I can't believe you found an old post of mine. I went and read it. Still can't believe that I started that post over a year ago! 2+ years now in recovery and still can't make sense of the damn affair.<P>By the way, we're doing better, but honestly, I have not recovered 100%. I sense that I won't ever fully recover from it.<p>[This message has been edited by Survivor [aka_NoTrust] (edited May 02, 2001).]

C
C
I enjoyed those links so very much, for some reason the older links and posts are so much more helpful in my situation. They seem to be more sensitive, inspiring or something. I joined here in July, 2000. I wish I had come aboard earlier but didn't know this kind of stuff existed.<P> Thanks for posting some "old" stuff. Cathy

L
LAD Offline
L
Great thread to find on my return after 3 wks. My dr also said recently that what I feel is PTSD. I am so discouraged because H is doing everything to help me through this and I feel myself withdrawing, or at least holding back. <BR>Coming back home is always a stress for me because we go past many "triggers" along the highway. Sometimes I have had a few bad days before I can regain my composure, but this time as we got close to home, H took my hand and held it and kissed my fingers and told me he loved me. It really helped. I felt so much more assured this time.<BR>I have been wanting a "time frame" all along, for recovery of this EA, but counselor is vague and no one seems to know for sure, but if this PTSD will end in months, than I have some hope. It will be one year since DD next month. No contact, but like some of the posts, there have been continued revelations, and each set back seems worse. <BR>Following this with interest, thanks for the links Jim, L

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation