Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bmw Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I found this seminar quite by accident yesterday on this site - I really think that this was divine intervention. It seems that it is scheduled for the second weekend in June in my city and it sounds like just what I have been praying for. Does anyone have any first hand information on the seminar?<P>Also, suggesting this to my WS (H) would be a definite LB if not done in the right way. Any ideas on a good way to bring up attending? He is at the point that he really does not know if he wants to continue in the marriage and I am deep in Plan A.<BR> <BR>Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.<P>------------------<BR>Deb

A
A
Deb,<P>I have not been to the "New Beginning" seminar, but I have been to the "Love, Sex and Marriage" seminar, which is put on by the same organization. The materials are very good, and I have heard very good reports. If you can get your husband to go, I would certainly encourage you.<P>May the Lord Bless You and Keep You,<BR>John

S
S
Deb,<P>Are you talking about the seminar done by Joe Beam?<P>I haven't been to it, really want to go & have mentioned it to my H.<P>We went to his Sex, Love, Marriage Seminar about 18 mths ago. It was wonderful, while it really didn't help us (H was way to deep in the fog), it still was great.<P>Joe Beam is a powerful speaker, plus he & his wife have been divorced & then remarried.<P>The New Beginnings sounds as if really will help you jump start your marriage. They follow up with lots of Dr. Harely's bks. In fact at least in the south the His Needs/her Needs workshops you see in lots of the churches was developed by Joe Beam with Dr. H's permission.<P>I really want to be there. I sort of felt like I was led to checking dates of it, I mean we will be in the states & your city is close to both our families. We could do it. <P>Good luck in getting your H there. <P>

B
bmw Offline OP
OP Offline
B
II2L and sing,<P>Thanks for your encouragement. I did call the 800 number today and talked to a very supportive and knowledgable guy named Aaron. Got some info on the seminar, cost, etc. It seems fairly expensive, but he did say that they have an 82% success rate for couples that attend the seminar. I guess any amount of money would be ok if it would clear the rest of the fog and get us back to being us again.<P>Sing....I have been reading your post under a fork in the road......sounds like your situation is very similar to mine...H says A is done and that there is no contact with OW although I do know that they run into each other occasionally at the gym. He insists that he never even has a conversation with her. I have always been able to tell when something was going on and I believe him for now....but it has been on and off several times, so all I can do now is pray. I too have a son that has been diagnosed with ADD, (along with H) and am in a waiting game for H to decide what he wants to do. <P>We have been talking about a vacation and today we made reservations to go to the beach in August. I am to scared to put much hope in what that means. H will not talk to me about what is going on in his mind. That is why I am so interesed in the class. <P>Thanks to both for responding. I still don't know how to bring up the possibility of the class in a positive way. If I do, I'll let you know how it goes. Later.<BR>

I
I
HOW DO I GET INFORMATION ON JOE BEAM? H AND I ARE GETTING A DIVORCE. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT RPSTYLE@AOL.COM<BR>THANKS <P>------------------<BR>We can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. Repeat that 5 times a day. I promise you success!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation