Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#920969 06/20/01 01:44 AM
R
Rodger Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I have read various stories now about a handyman coming over to work on someone's house and then the wife ends up having sex with him. How common is this? It makes one want to be very careful about who you hire. Maybe doing everything yourself is better. You can't prevent everything but maybe one can minimize the temptations that are around. It seems people are just too weak these days.

#920970 06/20/01 01:51 AM
M
M
I suppose anything is possible but I think it is highly unlikely unless the handiman comes over regularly.

#920971 06/20/01 02:05 AM
P
P
I think they are mainly just 'stories' Rodger - I've certainly never heard of anyone doing this for real. Don't get paranoid will you!<P>Best wishes, Paint.

#920972 06/20/01 04:04 AM
K
K
Be careful. I have a friend on this site that had this exact thing happen to him. Contractor a-hole.<P>I think sometimes that you can never be too safe with things like this. But, I always think that be wary of who comes over often.<P>My therapist once told me that it could have been anyone, even the "mailman". So from then on, we did not use his name, we just called him "the mailman".<P>In my case, it could have been anyone who would have given her an ear and an understanding. My ear and understanding were getting old for her, 11 years. Boo whoo for me...<P>K

#920973 06/20/01 08:45 AM
N
N
Well, It happened to me and now my wife has moved out and is living with him.

#920974 06/20/01 11:26 AM
H
H
Rodger,<BR>Let's not be neive here! I don't have time for gory details and as we all know each person is unique. It happened to me, big time!<BR>We had guy come over to do estimate to cut down & trim some trees. That was a Sunday. The following Thursday, the main guy is having his way with my W in our hall way & just after I had called to tell her I was on my way home -- 15 minutes away -- she described it as exciting [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!<BR>She obviously was a little easy, but he was definately very direct & had no conconience! <P>I agree, why invite temptations!<P>I have friend who knows a lot of construction, handyman people & he said codoms are standard issue for these guy's tool boxes -- Frustrated, perhaps unfair generalization of course!<P>HH

#920975 06/20/01 01:02 PM
S
S
Well I am a contractor (25 years) and can say I have never had the slightest inclination to "pursue" any of the thousands of housewives I have been in contact with (although have many times spent hours talking to some). I will say I was uncomfortable with the scantily clad ones, but near as I can recall no one actually propositioned me either, but now I wonder if maybe I missed some signals (or since I was married, was definitely not looking). It is definitely a problem though if you have a wife who is loose. On the other end, my wife had a painter at the house when I was out of town who attempted fairly brazenly to seduce her, so these things do happen (and yes she resisted, but it scared her). My suggestion is to not get paranoid, contactors are mostly decent people like everyone else, but creating opportunity is something to be aware of, and avoid (husband be there) if possible. At the very least it might be a good idea for husband to talk over "work" on the phone with guy, just so he knows you are around. But of course all this is moot if your wife is gonna jump in bed with whatever male wanders across her path.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 374 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation