Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#924631 07/01/01 01:00 AM
D
Diva Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I just read <I> Secrets of the Vine </I> by Bruce Wilkinson, who also wrote <I> The Prayer of Jabez </I>, for the second time.<P>I highly recommend this book to you all, especially those of you in Plan B. <P>If you have a Costco/Price Club in your area, the book runs about $5.79; otherwise it is probably around $10 at bookstore.<P><P>------------------<BR>AKA: Cali<P><I> Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. </I> <B> Galatians 6:9 </B>

#924632 07/01/01 08:45 PM
F
F
Yes yes yes! Very good book. All should read.... It woke me up to some things in my life! Thanks for bringing it up!<P>------------------<BR>Faith1

#924633 07/01/01 09:39 PM
S
S
Diva:<P>Just to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.<P>Godspeed and prayers from us both,<BR>STL<P>(PS ... Z says you can always email her at zorweb@hotmail.com if you feel up to it)

#924634 07/01/01 10:34 PM
B
B
Diva:<P>You are so strong. I know what you are going thru right now. I appreciate your suggestion.<P>I also have a book suggestion. The book is "The Power of NOW" by Eckhart Tolle. It has religious undertones, then again maybe it doesn't. What Tolle is trying to accomplish: making You believe in YOU. It's worth a try........made an extreme change in my life. Just read it this weekend.<P>blessings<BR>b<BR>

#924635 07/02/01 10:05 PM
B
bmw Offline
B
Diva,<P>Just had to post to say that I have been following your story and lifting you up. I want to share my 'Vine' story with you. My H (also named G, what a coincidence) moved out to an extended stay hotel over a week ago. At the time, we decided to tell our children that he would be out of town for a few days with the intent of telling them the truth that weekend (june 22). As the weekend approached, he decided that it would not be best to send our daughter off to camp with the bad news, so we agreed to tell them that he would be out of town for another week.<P>During this time, I was doing all of the parenting, home stuff, etc. Our plan has always been that he would be here as much as he wanted, mornings and evenings etc. But God has a bigger plan! I don't question why it worked out that his first week and a half out of the house, he could barely see the children at all due to a lie of his own choosing. ( He was actually trying to save their feelings and tell them at a time that was best for them - so I will give him some credit for that)<P>I was to pick our daughter up at camp this past Friday, then pick up son and meet H here at the house to explain the situation to them. "Daddy needs time to himself, so he won't be living here for a while......"<P>He called me on Thursday afternoon and said that he had to talk to me in person. We met for just a few minutes before I had to pick up our son and he told me that he had been fired that day. I can tell you that this is the last thing that either of us expected, but I went into plan A overdrive and gave him all of the support that I could. He will still be in the job for a couple of weeks, but with no warning, he has no solid plans for after that.<P>I have felt such a peace about this whole situation that I know God is at work. I have always felt that his being out would be very short, and now, because of the job situation, he is moving his things back in.<P>God is at work....<BR> - we never shared the information with our children which has temporarily protected them from the confusion of his 'fog<BR> - he never signed a lease on an apartment, so we don't have that expense now that he is jobless<BR> - he acutally did get out for a brief time, so he knows that I was capable of emotionally maintaining and supporting him (plan A) through that change<BR> - the timing (if this terrible job situation really did have to happen) was nothing less that divine intervention.<P>I am very scared about the future, especially his job situation and his emotional state now that his 'plans' have been ruined, but he seems to be doing ok for now.<P>I believe that he is actually in the 'discipline' mode as related in the book and I am being 'pruned' of my unhealthy dependence on this relationship. I have absolutely turned this over to God and am seeing results.<P>Just thought you might like to hear another Vine story.<P>My best thoughts and prayers to you during this time of roller coaster rides.

#924636 07/03/01 03:30 AM
D
Diva Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Wow! BMW what a story. I like you have felt some 'Divine' intervention.<P>H will not be at the same worksite as OW next year. This was a BIG surprise....it occurred because he failed to turn in some paperwork on time. (Thank you God for his procrastination [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].)<P><BR>Thank you for sharing your story. I hope others will follow suit.<P>Diva (AKA StrongerInCali)<P>------------------<BR><P><I> Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. </I> <B> Galatians 6:9 </B>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation