Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
k9love Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Any response please:<P>How do you go about locating someone if you do not know their social security number? All I know is a first and last name and city. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Are there any good sights on the web that can be purchased?

B
B
I probably shouldn't do this, but what state do you live in?<BR>

R
R
In Canada, if you know the last name and city, you try <A HREF="http://www.canada411.ca." TARGET=_blank>www.canada411.ca.</A> <P>In US, I know that <A HREF="http://www.infospace.com" TARGET=_blank>www.infospace.com</A> has directories, but it is not kept up to date very well (1 or 2 years behind).<P>However, search on <A HREF="http://www.google.com" TARGET=_blank>www.google.com</A> for "directories" or "address directories" and I'll bet you find a good address finder. Of course, if the phone is unlisted, then maybe a PI service or some finder service might be required.<P>Let us know if you find something that works.

S
S
Also in the US, try <A HREF="http://www.whowhere.com" TARGET=_blank>www.whowhere.com</A> <P>Godspeed,<BR>STL

S
S
The suggestions given are good.<P>OTOH, if the person has an unlisted number there are sites where you can purchase this. As I recall, some will pull up some basic info for you then try to sell you on a more in-depth research job, so if you just want an address you may get it for free, or a nominal charge.<P>Some states may provide DPS info, possibly for a fee.<P>An online commercial site is how I found out the address of my wife's OM, even though his phone was in his wife's name. Sorry I can't recall the site I went to and don't have the bookmark, but you might check out <A HREF="http://www.glr.com/stalk.html" TARGET=_blank>The Stalker's Home Page</A>.<P>I'm not advocating stalking or harrassing, but knowing a little of your story I assume you are interested in the OW your H was (or is [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ?) involved with. I have sympathy for any BS who wants to do "opposition research".<P>Good luck,<P>Steve

K
k9love Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I will try the advice offered. Yes, at the time I am wanting to know where she is. Quit her job and changed her phone number. I'd like to know where the enemy resides not for retaliation but rather to know if H is having any more contact. Pretty sad I know.

S
S
k9love:<P>If you speak fogese, you might just ask him directly <smile> ... you know, radical honesty ...<P>Just a thought,<BR>Godspeed,<BR>STL

K
k9love Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Bound for Better Days:<P>Southwest states

K
k9love Offline OP
OP Offline
K
STL Yeah right, my H would have a moment of insomnia, happens when he doesn't want to remember.

K
k9love Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Rick37<P>Are you from Canada?

S
S
k9love:<P>Well, from our SW state to yours ... prayers and thoughts for you and yours,<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL

W
W
Hi K9,<P>I haven't talked to you in a LONG time! I am sorry to hear that you are having to look for the OW. I took a hiatus from the site and have missed what's been going on with you. I have no advice on this subject. I found the OW's address and phone number on yahoo's people search. It was pretty easy. They even had a link to put in my address and get directions to her house [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I never drove by, though. Just having the knowledge made me feel a little better. <BR>Good luck to you and God bless.<BR>Love,<BR>Window<BR>

K
k9love Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Window:<P>Good to hear from you. Apparantly the OW knows how not to be traced. She's changed her number at least twice now that I know of, apparantly unlisted.<P>I've checked all the sights mentioned, nothing. My H is going on a trip this week. When we first discussed it I was going also. Seems as if plans have changed as he's making plans for only one.<P>I realy need to know what is going on with him. Because he's not wanting to move back in I feel deep down something's wrong. <P>I've asked point blank if he's had any contact. Says there's none. Says he's not lying anymore because all that did was cause more trouble.<P>Last week we were tentatively planning a trip with a group to go to the town she lives, when I mentioned I didn't want to go to the establishment where she works, he said "She probably doesn't work there anymore, or she may have moved, or she probably works the night shift and we won't even see her.<P>Well, I do know that she no longer works there. But that's all I was able to find out.<P>A good friend of mine says my H probably knows her whereabouts if he was trying to convince me I wouldn't see her, but I don't know.<P>We didn't go due to the weather.<P>Good to hear from you, take care.

A
A
if you would like me to give it a try email me what info you have at ginmgod@hotmail.com<BR>all i had was a name and location of my grandfathers first child who he searched for faithfully til he passed in 1993<BR>however with the info i had i continued to look and found her recently she never knew about her dad or his other children she will fly here next week for a reunion <P>i guess some things have a happy ending after all<P><BR>in searching i became pretty good at that stuff<P><BR>

R
R
Yes, from Ontario.

W
W
Check your phone bills - call the phone company and see if they can give you a list of all the local calls made from your phone as well as long distance. If you find that your spouse called the OP from your phone and have a phone #, you can do a reverse directory look-up. That's how is found my husband's OW. <P>I would advise you against contacting the OP without serious thought - it could be a major Love Buster. It might just make your spouse more angry and want reconciliation less.<P>- WLE

W
W
K9,<BR>What happened to the lie detector test or PI? Can you ask him about this upcoming trip? Maybe say something about how you're looking forward to going with him???? <P>I, also, agree with WLE about checking your local phone bill. I think that you can get a list of all local calls. That may be helpful to you. I know that I checked all of his credit cards online. They gave the last 6 months of charges. <P>It does sound strange that he doesn't want to move back in with you. Does he have much of a reasonable excuse for this? <P>Aren't you off from work for the summer? Could you follow him on his trip without him knowing? It seems difficult, but you might be able to do it. <P>Take care and God bless,<BR>Window

K
k9love Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks for all your replies!<P>Window: He's flying up and driving back, it would be very hard to follow. I really don't want to have to go this route. I don't know if I am just being paranoid. Maybe a side effect of all that's happened? Thanks for the input, yes I have a PI checking on finding her address, she too is having difficulty. Go figure.<P>Rick, I was born in Ontario, at the time it was called Port Arthur, I understand it has been renamed Thunder Bay. Small world isn't it? Been in the states for 27 years now. Miss Canada very much, I want very much to go up into BC. <P>Again, thanks for all the input from everyone, god I wished I had a crystal ball and the truth could be seen whenever I wanted it. I think that's my biggest problem right now, trust and truth. I've read tons of information on it and I know it is something that will take time to rebuild. <P>Bye

S
S
k9love,<P>Since you've gone to the trouble and expense of a PI, with no luck, I have one other thought.<P>I've not used any of the handheld gps (global positioning satellite) systems, but I see them advertised by sporting goods stores. Typically, I think they are used by those wanting to find the same fishing spot where they had luck before.<P>Anyway, perhaps one would be hard to sneak into his luggage, but if he usually drives his own vehicle, could you sneak one under a seat or in the trunk? I think some of these devices can record a day or two of the route traveled.<P>Most of these seem to cost about $100-200 if I recall. Might be worth looking into if you have no luck otherwise.<P>Just my devious mind at work [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ,<P>Steve

S
S
K9,<BR>I have the same "problem" - OW quit her last job and has an unlisted phone #. I, like you, would feel better knowing that info. If you have any success, please let me know.<BR>Good luck to you,<BR>S

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation