Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#927109 07/09/01 08:03 AM
B
B
WAT - Don't miss the show if you get a chance... Also, during the last song (Love and Mercy), go to the merchandise booth and get in line for his autograph (they have a real cool "Pet Sounds" tour book you can buy for him to autograph. He only stays for about 10 minutes (don't think his head can take much more than that), and in Indy, about 600 people were in line (and most of them didn't get to meet him). I have some cool digital pictures from both the concert and the autograph signing if you want to see them. Email me at acutabove725@yahoo.com. Do not miss this show, and don't be late, cause he starts right on time. <BR>Lots of good "Brian" info at <A HREF="http://www.brianwilson.com" TARGET=_blank>www.brianwilson.com</A> in the messages section, including his setlist.<P>John

#927110 07/09/01 08:06 AM
B
B
ELAD - Yes Al is touring with 2 of the three members from Wilson/Phillips and in his spare time, he's suing Mike Love, Brian Wilson, Brother Records and the estate of Carl Wilson... He's angry because he can't use the name "Beach Boys Family and Friends Tour", because Brian signed that over to Mike Love during their lawsuit several years back. If you have a chance, Brian is the one to see. His voice is in awesome condition and his band is the best one out there right now. That being said, I would still go see any of the other bands touring right now, IE: Mike or Al....

#927111 07/10/01 03:30 PM
A
A
Redon -<P>I really hate to start an argument here, but . . .<BR>Van Morrison's was better (ha).<P>When it goes to missing some groups, solo singers, we wish we could name them all - because I could sure come up with alot more. I got out an old Ronnie Montrose yesterday, and I've listened to Linda Ronstadt. I did miss Jethro Tull (he, he, he).<P>The old "she done me wrong" country I'll take everytime - miss Tammy Wynette, George Jones, etc.<P>I've also been listening to Firefall's Greatest CD.

#927112 07/10/01 03:55 PM
R
R
It's nice to meet people as old as me. HAHA<P>Van Morrison can't be beat. Fleetwood Mac - Rumors<BR>Bob Seeger, Eagles, Led Jeplin, all great, but I have one question.<P>Anyone remember Black Oak Arkansas? Jim Dandy to the Rescue? My freind and I hitch-hiked to Tampa to see them. I would kill my children if they did that today.<P>Those were the days.....<P>

#927113 07/10/01 05:44 PM
R
R
I have been listening to a wide variety today. I have been listening to Frenk Kiss (the soundtrack, Billy Idol, and U2.If we didn't have music where would we be? That is how I get to feeling better, usually I put on Desire by U2 and spin around until I am laughing too hard to stop.

#927114 07/10/01 07:30 PM
R
R
Elad:<BR>I was just WAITING for a Country Music fan to come forward! I'm with you!!! Trisha is AWESOME. Tim McGraw gets me rockin! Toby Keith is cool!!! And I just LOVE the Dixie Chicks!

#927115 07/10/01 08:08 PM
G
G
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elad:<BR><B><P>Try Trisha Yearwood (her version of "How do I live? is much superior to LeAnn Rimes)<P>Collin Ray, Toby Keith ("Shoulda been a cowboy") Dixie Chicks, etc I could go on...<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Okay, okay, you're right....I couldn't agree with you more about Trisha Yearwood's version (and the ONLY version, to me) of How Do I Live. The Dixie Chicks are awesome from what few cuts that I've heard. Toby Keith is "do-able" as is Colin Ray.....and many more whom I didn't mention. For instance, I dig Dwight Yoakam and his long, long flexible legs......just as long as he keeps his hat on.....LOL! I just can't listen to Country for hours on end.<P>To be quite honest.....I love Southern Rock....Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZTop, Stevie Ray Vaughn (more bluesy/southern rock), Blackfoot, Little River Band....and on and on! And as a reallllll oldie, I still have a great fondness for John Fogherty and Creedence Clearwater Revival.<P>Now that's my story and I'm stickin' to it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B>

#927116 07/11/01 06:22 AM
E
E
Geez Louise:<P>I will give you ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd, but you gotta admit lots of the new country sounds a lot like southern rock--or at least it does to me...<P>Roudy 3:<P>I remember Black Oak Arkansas...I saw a video clip of them a few years ago doing Jim Dandy to the Rescue...I had forgotten about 'til your post...it was, well interesting to say the least..reminded me of a lot of partying I shouldn't have done back then [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>What about British bands? The Who, for instance? Love Tommy. (Won't get fooled again...)<P>

#927117 07/17/01 03:03 PM
R
Redon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
OK, I found one more that I like for some reason:<P>Eve6 - Here's to the night<P>Kind of a remember-the-good-times, sorry-they're-gone kind of song. Anyone else like this one too? A good mp3 download for sure.<P>

#927118 07/17/01 04:26 PM
T
T
My latest 2 downloads:<BR>Janis Joplin - Take another piece of my heart<BR>Lifehouse - Hanging by a moment<BR>Both quite appropriate for my situation lol<BR>

#927119 07/17/01 04:46 PM
T
T
Geez..<P>Im a former DJ with about 1400 cds...LOL...anything from Glenn Miller to Frank, Garth Brooks to Earth Wind and Fire, Janis Joplin to Janet Jackson, Simon and Garfunkle to AC/DC...it all depends on my mood what I listen to. I guess I am most partial to country though....love playin the *albums* backwards so the truck runs, Momma gets out of prison, the dog returns, I get my job back and W still loves me...LOL!!<P>But seriously, I am hugeeeeeee music fan of all types...<P>Trueheart

#927120 07/17/01 05:03 PM
H
H
Music is the rhythm of life for me. It has a way of bypassing the mind and speaking directly to your soul. In fact my ID here is a REO Speedwagon album (showing my age as well) name. I couldn't even begin to list the songs that I have found to hold meaning to those of us in the infidelity arena. PS. Anyone looking for a Napster replacement can go to <A HREF="http://www.limewire.com" TARGET=_blank>www.limewire.com</A> . Kinda slow user interface but still free.

#927121 07/17/01 05:05 PM
R
R
It's it strange how songs change meaning as things change in your life?<P>I usually listen to a "positive" (ie Christian) Hits station or the junk my kids want to hear. What is this new "Baby got Back" song? Man. <P>Anyway, I turned it to a rock n' roll station the other day and WOW did all the old songs suddenly have new meaning. <P>The Eagles- "She's Heading for the Cheatin' side of town"? and "New kid in town" and "I'm already Gone".<P>That Matchbox 20 song "I think you're so mean...." I used to be annoyed by hearing that song so much a few weeks ago, now it has new meaning. <P>It's just weird how one's perspective changes isn't it.<P>P.S The best version of Brown Eyed Girl is Jimmy Bufett!<P>R

#927122 07/17/01 05:18 PM
F
F
OK, guess I have to add my 2 cents. Didn't want to, but since this thread is still going...<P>I did listen to a mix of 80's, 90's and some new songs on a local station. I love 80's music.<P>But I can't listen anymore. I've switched to Christian radio and CD's. THe new stuff out now is pretty good. Since this crap started happening in my life, EVERY song I heard on popular radio made me cry. All the sad words about cheating, leaving, looking for true love, sex, loneliness, love songs, partying, doing what you feel like doing... all that stuff. can't listen to it. plus hearing all the songs we used to listen to together made me miss him too much.<P>Going through this A crap with my WH tends to make me very depressed, and lowers my love for humanity in general. How can people be so cruel as to have A's and ruin marriages??? I have to fight these negative feelings in any way I can. <P>So, to answer the question, I love music, but Christian music is the only kind I can listen to these days. It's amazing how good it makes you feel about life and people! <P>------------------<BR>Faith1<P>"Then Jesus answered, 'Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.'"<BR>Matt 15:28

#927123 07/17/01 07:21 PM
R
Redon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I also use <A HREF="http://www.audiogalaxy.com" TARGET=_blank>www.audiogalaxy.com</A> as a replacement for napster. Seems to have everything!<P>Hi Infidelity,.... could that be a reference to the movie 'Hi Fidelity' (as well as the topic)?<P>If so, great movie!! Lots of truths there and of course, a happy ending.... something we all could use, I'm sure.<P>

#927124 07/19/01 03:36 PM
H
H
Nope. Here's a link to the CD on Cdnow.com <A HREF="http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1917539918/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=REO+SPEEDWAGON/itemid=1286280" TARGET=_blank>http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1917539918/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=REO+SPEEDWAGON/itemid=1286280</A> <P>I'm sure you'll recognize at least one or two of the songs.<BR>

#927125 07/19/01 04:17 PM
F
F
thanks for the fun post!!!<P>Two favorites..one old, one new-er? I have the Bette Midler Divine cd...oh, I love that! I love "Baby, You're My Favorite Waste Of Time"..have to learn it so I can sing it when we make love sometime [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] giggle<P>and Lifehouse: Hangin' By A Moment...love it for two reasons...one romantic but you can just as easily sing it as a love song to Jesus, too...very cool!<P>Funny how the old songs are such classics with a lot of us here. I still cry or feel sad when I hear "once, twice, three times a lady"..it was a song a boyfriend (when I was 17!!! and never even knew H then!) said described me...he wasn't even a good boyfriend!!! Lol<P>Music has always meant a lot to me but some songs mean even more now that I am out of fog and more in love with H than ever. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 218 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation