Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#930264 07/17/01 08:45 PM
R
Redon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
OK, I had such a great time responding to zen's topic, I thought I'd start my own. Some quotes I thought I'd share, feel free to add your own!<P>"What is it we want most from a marriage? To love and be loved. To be happy and secure. To grow, to discover. A love relationship is the garden in which we plant, cultivate and harvest the most precious of crops, our own self, and in which our spouse is provided the same rich soil in which to bloom. We cannot obtain what we want unless our partner also gets what he or she wants. The issues that people argue over most in marriage, such as how to spend money, often aren't the real ones. The key issue is: who is going to be in control? The need to control is mostly out of fear, a lack of trust and insecurity. If you want to feel loved and respected, give up control."<BR>-Gerry Spence<P>" The road to success is usually off the beaten path."<BR>-Frank Tyger <P>"When one door of happiness closes, another opens: but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us."<BR>-Helen Keller<P>"Life's glory is not in never falling, but in getting up EVERY time you fall."<BR>-Nelson Mandela<P>"Cherish things while you still have them,<BR>before they're gone and you realize <BR>just how precious they really are. "<BR>-AN?<P>"Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire."<BR>-La Rochefoucald<P>"If a relationship is to evolve, it must go through a series of endings. "<BR>- Lisa Moriyama<P>"It takes a second to have a crush on someone, a minute to like some one , a day to love someone and a lifetime to forget someone"<BR>-Erin<P>"The 3 hardest tasks in the world are neither physical feats nor intellectual achievements, but moral acts: to return love for hate, to include the excluded, and to say I was wrong."<BR>-Ernst Heinrich Haeckel<P>"If we are incapable of finding peace in ourselves,<BR>it is pointless to search elsewhere."<BR>-Francois de la Rochefoucauld<P>"Life is like a rainbow:<BR>You need both the sun and the rain<BR>To make its colors appear."<BR>-A. Ramaiya<P>"You cannot make someone love you, you can only make yourself someone who can be loved!"<BR>-Derek Gamba <P>"The one who breaks your heart is a devil of his love, but the victim is the angel and the light that shines above."<BR>-AN?<P>"If you love something, let it go, if it comes back to you it was truly meant to be."<BR>-AN?<P>"Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty; it is compatible neither with obedience, jealousy, nor fear: it is there most pure, perfect and unlimited, where its votaries live in confidence, equality and reserve."<BR>-Percy Bysshe Shelley<P>"True love never dies for it is lust that fades away. Love bonds for a lifetime but lust just pushes away." <BR>-Alicia Barnhart<P>And finally, a web page that defines infatuation versus mature love.... great stuff, enjoy:<BR> <A HREF="http://home.arkansasusa.com/bborsodi/divorcec.html" TARGET=_blank>http://home.arkansasusa.com/bborsodi/divorcec.html</A> <P>All the best

#930265 07/17/01 08:49 PM
F
F
thanks, redon! Those are great!<P>------------------<BR>Faith1<P>"Then Jesus answered, 'Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.'"<BR>Matt 15:28

#930266 07/17/01 10:59 PM
L
L
<A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum37/HTML/004622.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum37/HTML/004622.html</A> <P>Check this thread out...there were some great ones here.

#930267 07/18/01 12:58 AM
R
Redon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Oops, I guess this one's all tapped out.... :><P>Oh well, I hope the ones I found haven't been heard before.<P>All the best, everyone.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 377 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation