Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#930329 07/18/01 07:35 AM
M
OP Offline
M
This is to some of you. I put my email addy out publicly for those i was connecting with, and to better talk to a few people in here. Now it seems quite a few of you are using it to ask me questions about Marie.<BR> MB is supposed to be a safe place that respects the privacy of the members. I ask that you all remember that. I will not talk about the issues of another person with ANYONE that i do not have EXPRESS permission to. So i implore you all to stop emailing me about it. I am now just deleting any and all email about Marie. I am so sorry that i told her to come in here, i am so sorry for what she is going through, BUT i am so sorry that so many of you seem to believe that she should not have her privacy respected.<BR> Now, this is directed to the ones that know it is directed to them. this is not for the few people that i email, and ALL of them are respectful of my privacy as well as Maries. I thank you for that to the three of you that know who you are. I am finished with this subject. If there is to be any update it will come from her. I will also not be going to see her due to the fact that I am in the processes of moving and the military will not change key dates for things that i need to have completed. <BR>Maine

#930330 07/18/01 08:02 AM
F
F
Maine,<P>Please don't be sorry you had your friend come here for support. I'm not sure of the email content you are getting, but I'm sure everyone is just concerned and crossed the boundaries needed. Knowing that this is a possibility for everyone who has cheated or has been cheated on ~ this hits so close to home. What a devastating reality! I just can't fathom this and am very shaken.<P>I hope you and Marie get the privacy that is necessary! <P>God Bless!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR><B><I>RECOVER * REFOCUS * REGENERATE ~ BREATHE * RELAX</I></B><P>By Eleanor Roosevelt ~~<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI>"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." <P><LI>"No one takes advantage of you without your permission."<BR></UL>

#930331 07/18/01 08:35 AM
Q
Q
You know, maine,<P>Why couldn't you have NICELY asked people to please respect your privacy? I don't get it... why the mean face? Why the anger?<P>People care about your friend, you said publicly that she is your friend, and of course, there was the (untrue) chatter about the validity of the story. <P>It is, of course, a HUGE concern to every one of us who has been a BS, or for that matter, a WS.<P>I've put my addy out before, and I've gotten some unwanted email. I either ignore it, or write back that I can't write (if they're male) or get a new email-pal out of the deal.<BR>

#930332 07/18/01 08:44 AM
T
T
I totally understand your anger and frustration. I would bet that it's not only the privacy issue, but the fact that you're just plain tired of telling the story over and over again.<P>I felt like that when my Andrew passed away. I couldn't handle making any more calls to friends and family than I had to... I got other friends and family to do it for me. I know, different situation entirely, but similar feelings.<P>I'm sure the 'extra' emails will discontinue, especially now (grin). It's true though, that we're all just concerned about the welfare of your friend. But thank you so very much for updating us on the situation (it's a natural human instinct to be curious).<P>Take care hon! (and I'm still glad you're here for giving me input and support... ((((( mainemade )))))<P>Karen<BR>

#930333 07/18/01 08:50 AM
T
T
"I am so sorry that i told her to come in here, i am so sorry for what she is going through, BUT i am so sorry that so many of you seem to believe that she should not have her privacy respected."<P>Why not respect the fact that others are concerned and want to pray for her, wish her well, etc. Why not respect people here and just say, "I will let her know that your thoughts are with her" and leave it at that. Geesh<BR>

#930334 07/18/01 08:55 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Nynve, this was geared for the 17 people who have emailed me asking what i deem pretty inappropriate questions. As i said in the post it is not geare<BR>d to the ones that are not doing it. And as for the mean face i am really pissed that i am being asked to give out information on someone. I have had ONE person in email make his desire to know in a polite way.<BR> So, you do not need to scold me for choosing the mean face. And as for the validity of the situation, I am not checking out every place in the world to check on all of your stories to see if they are valid or not. I am getting more pissed as I type this. And i am now deleting the mail. This was written for a specific group, why did you feel the need to reply? AND for that matter, what would your suggestions be for asking nicely. I re read it and i see nothing that was rude. I am blunt and direct, i will not apoligize for that. If you think the mad face is the rude part, what would you have sugessted i use?. <BR>Maine<BR>

#930335 07/18/01 09:00 AM
Q
Q
Just so we're clear, I never said it was a hoax - ever.<P>I've liked your directness, which is why I looked at this post at all... <P>You ask how I would have handled this: I would have NICELY asked that those who are emailing please stop. <P>And I'll tell you what else -- this post that you just wrote to me was harsh in comparison to what I wrote to you.<P>I did not scold, I asked what the anger was about.<P>

#930336 07/18/01 09:10 AM
M
OP Offline
M
my anger is about that fact that I cannot be there to help her, My anger is that i am trying to move a household with no help, My anger is that i am emotionally tired and when i checked my mail this morning i have 17 emails from NOONE i knew not telling me to let her know they are praying but asking be questions that i thought were morbid and I did not actually have answers for. I am angry because I Hurt too, her H was our friend also. <BR> Ok,nicely i will say this, please do not email me for information i wilnot give it out. I willlet her know that you are praying for her and her son, and i thank you for your concern.<BR>Maine<P> <P>

#930337 07/18/01 09:22 AM
Q
Q
Your anger is understandable, and I am sorry for your continued pain.<P>I wish you peace.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation