Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#930395 07/18/01 09:30 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Now what you wrote, there was no need. I do RESPECT his place as a whole. If i did not i would not be giving it out to friends of mine who need help in thier marriages. For that matter, shown this site to my FIL whom is a pastor, spoke such praise about it he ordered every book that day. Not fair of you to say i do not respect the poeple. My thread was directed to a SELECT few. Were you one of the ones that emailed me?? I am saying this to you here, so if you need to reply it is between you and I.<BR> I do agree that i should have just said please do nto email me about her, i will let her know you are thinking about her and her son, butI tend to just be blunt and direct. If you did not email me,then you should not have responded to me. <BR>Maine

#930396 07/18/01 10:37 AM
T
T
No i did not email you about your friend. The reason i took offense to your rude reply is simple. All of us here have had to deal with unwanted love and unwanted kindness at home from our spouses, we come to this board to be heard, to be understood, for help,to vent, etc. I'll be damned if I have to come here and be blasted/scolded from a because we show kindness and concern for someone that was DIRECTED BY YOU to this site so that she could receive the kindness and understanding that people here give. Being a newbie, maybe you don't see when someone here has a problem and then we don't hear anything for awhile one of us automatically asks the board/poster have we heard any updates on so and so. Since you made it known that she is a friend that is why the questions went directly to you for about a critical nature of circumstances. Most here have to deal with such rude hostility at home NO ONE WANTS IT FROM A TOTAL STRANGER HERE!

#930397 07/19/01 08:10 AM
T
T
accidently double-posted<p>[This message has been edited by trying2_4give (edited July 19, 2001).]

#930398 07/19/01 10:16 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Firstitakeextreme offence to being called a newbie. My request to respect privacy was said in the way i said it and willbe said that way again. I am direct and I willnot apoligize. If you did not email then back off and do to take offense to something you have no reason to be offended about. <BR> New or NOT, I have feelings and valid opinions to share. I do not tell people how to fix it, i express my OPNINIONS. ANd no matter the time MY OPINIONS are valid. Get of your OLD High horse and do not pick a fight with me.<BR> I understand that not all the home lives to the members in here are the best the wish them to be. That is NO excuse to email and ask personal questions now is it. So what you MISTOOK as RUDE, WAS me BEING ME. If you do not like my directness or bluntness, do not respond to me. <P> Re READ it and please POINT out my RUDE parts. Where i directed any form of hostility towards anyone. I re read it and I saw that i was asking to respect privacy. AS for asking for updates, that is not what the content of the emails was about. So trying2, since you were not one emailing me, nor were you one to see the content of a few of the emails, I suggest you back up off me and my so called attitude and re check your self and your ablity to be NOT RUDE. <BR> So you know, yes this was a rude post directed towards you. <BR> ANd re read the post here to you , in it i was not rude either, i was expressing myself. And you felt the need to attack me again. Why is that? <BR> You know nothing about me as a person, I am a kind person, that has WAY too much on my plate and when i get ticked off i go with my imeadiate feelings. If you had taken the time to READ more you would have seen that i said i could have been a little less blunt. But When i get riled, you will not stop my attitude. <BR> You were not BLASTED or SCOLDED by me, I have not been this angry in a very long time. And by the way, DO you assume that my home life is peachy, that i am dealing with no stress, that because all is seemingly great with me, that it is ok to recieve NOW 23 rude emails from strangers and to not try to stop them because they upset me?? Only one person was respectful, but none the less still a stranger to me. The few people i email have been great and polite about it. So before you PICK a cause make sure you realize WHOM you are fighting FOR. <BR> I have Respect for most on this board, HOW dare you state that i do not. I am now going in circles because i am still really angry. But rest assured this NEWBIE, will still work on her marriage, Will still get up and do what needs to be done, and you will STILL see my NEWBIE opinions ALL OVER the place.<BR>MAINE

#930399 07/19/01 10:51 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I am sorry for letting a stranger get me so upset.<P>I am sorry for not being respectful to the reason for this forum, by letting anger get the best of me and being rude to a hurting person in trying2_forgive.<P>I will try to not post in anger again.<P>I will count to 10 in five lanuages before letting a person getme that upset again.<P>I will now say when i read something that is hurtful to me and may want me to lash out, " that is your opinion, and you are entittled to it. Have a blessed day."<P>I will appreciate though, if the NEWBIE phrase, could be used less. It is never used in a positive way, and it hurts those of us who think we offer valid things to threads. When people say things in the realm of, " being a newbie< how would you know ect..." It hurts US. Pain is pain, infedility is the same, just because you have known about this place longer, does not make you more understanding for every situation. <BR>Maine<P>------------------<BR>IN the words of BOB the BUILDER!!" WE can fix it, yes we can!!!"

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation